SammoH

Mobile Security Changing Proxy

I have a 1 year license for the latest version of KIS (11.7.4.640) and it works great except for one problem. I have Adblock Plus installed on my phone (LG Optimus G Pro w/KitKat) and it requires you to manually set the proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 2020. KIS will constantly reset the proxy to none and Adblock won't work. I have not enabled web protection in KIS. The problem goes away after uninstalling KIS.

I have a 1 year license for the latest version of KIS (11.7.4.640) and it works great except for one problem. I have Adblock Plus installed on my phone (LG Optimus G Pro w/KitKat) and it requires you to manually set the proxy to 127.0.0.1 port 2020. KIS will constantly reset the proxy to none and Adblock won't work. I have not enabled web protection in KIS. The problem goes away after uninstalling KIS.

I noticed that I just updated to 11.7.4.640 and it see,s to be ok. I was actually using the previous version that had given me the proxy problems. So far, so good.

Hi so we have the "wifi proxy" issue back in the latest update on the 22 December to accommodate Android 5.

Ok so what you need to do is contact Kaspersky support https://my.kaspersky.com/

Have your phone IMEI ready as you need that to send report.

Also could you post report number back here.

First its best to "eliminate" anything else that's causing "wifi proxy change"

It will probably take about thirty minutes to complete test.

Do a test with "Adblock Plus" disabled, then "restart" phone.

Also have Google Chrome set as "default browser" with "Anti-Theft" set up, "restart" phone.

The reason i am interested to know if it still changes "wifi proxy setting"

Another reason is "standard" Android with normal phone use runs "none" in proxy setting.

Kaspersky is actually setup also to run "None" proxy, unless you use VPN Set-Up.

If that's not possible for you to try just send in your report, but it makes it easier for the "Kaspersky technical experts" to detect what is wrong, if you explain to them everything you have tried.

:supercool:

Edited by kojo+oi

I noticed that I just updated to 11.7.4.640 and it see,s to be ok. I was actually using the previous version that had given me the proxy problems. So far, so good.

Okay you had not updated to 11.7.4.640 till today, thanks for that all is good, if you have further issues please read my first post.

:bravo:

Hi so we have the "wifi proxy" issue back in the latest update on the 22 December to accommodate Android 5.

Ok so what you need to do is contact Kaspersky support https://my.kaspersky.com/

Have your phone IMEI ready as you need that to send report.

Also could you post report number back here.

First its best to "eliminate" anything else that's causing "wifi proxy change"

It will probably take about thirty minutes to complete test.

Do a test with "Adblock Plus" disabled, then "restart" phone.

Also have Google Chrome set as "default browser" with "Anti-Theft" set up, "restart" phone.

The reason i am interested to know if it still changes "wifi proxy setting"

Another reason is "standard" Android with normal phone use runs "none" in proxy setting.

Kaspersky is actually setup also to run "None" proxy, unless you use VPN Set-Up.

If that's not possible for you to try just send in your report, but it makes it easier for the "Kaspersky technical experts" to detect what is wrong, if you explain to them everything you have tried.

That is correct, I had the problem with version 11.5.0.590. If it occurs with version 11.7.4.640 I'll post again. Thanks!

That is correct, I had the problem with version 11.5.0.590. If it occurs with version 11.7.4.640 I'll post again. Thanks!

Okay thank-you for that information.

The problem still exists: I use a Samsung Galaxay Note 6 with Android 4.4.2 and KIS 11.3.0.893. When moving between the various WLANs my device is configured to use (e. g. travelling between home and office-WLANs), it quite often (albeit not always) reconnects to a WLAN with proxy "MANUEL", overriding the previously saved "NONE"-configuration. The result then is, that some apps and/or web pages do no longer work.

From my search on the net, I conclude that this problem is old news. The problem was firstly reported more than 2 years ago. And it seems, my most recent version of KIS "inhereted" this bug. Disappointing....

Let me add that I did not have any previous version of KIS, nor any other anti-virus app installed on my phone. Hence it's indeed a problem of this current version 11.3.0.893 that I am using.

Looking forward for a solution.

Edited by roe69

The problem still exists: I use a Samsung Galaxay Note 6 with Android 4.4.2 and KIS 11.3.0.893. When moving between the various WLANs my device is configured to use (e. g. travelling between home and office-WLANs), it quite often (albeit not always) reconnects to a WLAN with proxy "MANUEL", overriding the previously saved "NONE"-configuration. The result then is, that some apps and/or web pages do no longer work.

From my search on the net, I conclude that this problem is old news. The problem was firstly reported more than 2 years ago. And it seems, my most recent version of KIS "inhereted" this bug. Disappointing....

Let me add that I did not have any previous version of KIS, nor any other anti-virus app installed on my phone. Hence it's indeed a problem of this current version 11.3.0.893 that I am using.

Looking forward for a solution.

Hi,

The KIS Version you have is out of date.

Please unistall, go to Google Play Store an download latest KIS 11.8.4.474

Hi ! I have KIS 11.8.4.474 installed on Nexus 7 2013 Lollipop and resently proxy settings for WIFI changes automatically from none to manual and websites become unaccessible . I do not have Adblock . When i changed to none after while / i do not noticed pattern / they changed to manual 127.0.0.1 . Is the problem in Kaspersky settings ?

Hi ! I have KIS 11.8.4.474 installed on Nexus 7 2013 Lollipop and resently proxy settings for WIFI changes automatically from none to manual and websites become unaccessible . I do not have Adblock . When i changed to none after while / i do not noticed pattern / they changed to manual 127.0.0.1 . Is the problem in Kaspersky settings ?

Hi is Google Chrome "default" browser.

Yes ! And web protection is ON ! I use paid version!

Ok have you tried with Web Protection "disabled"

If yes an the wifi works ok with the browser, please contact Kaspersky support. https://my.kaspersky.com/

Then post the report number here ok.

Edited by kojo+oi

I switched web protection from advanced to normal mode - till now no problems . Will be in touch !

I switched web protection from advanced to normal mode - till now no problems . Will be in touch !

Hi

Ok thank you for the update.

Hi,

Same problem for me, in fact it happens when KIS update the base, so i reboot and it's ok!

Now i switched web protection from advanced to normal mode to see what happens!! ;)

My device is a LGG2, on KK!

( I also sent a mail to 'kisasupport@kaspersky.com' !! )

Hi please post the report number here thanks.

Hi,

It's not a report, it's a mail !

Ok, had you any response from this mail? I can ask the responsible person. Which address did you use to send the mail?