Maho50

Upgrade from 6.0.3.837 to Endpoint Security 10 [In Progress]

Hi All,

At this moment we are running Kaspersky 6.0.3.837 on all our workstations (200) and we never upgraded to a newer version. Now we want to upgrade to Endpoint Security 10.

We installed version 10 on a new server and tried different methods to remote upgrade our workstations, but whitout any good results because, we think the 6.0.3.837 is too old to upgrade directly?

What's the best way?

Regards,

Mark

Hi All,

At this moment we are running Kaspersky 6.0.3.837 on all our workstations (200) and we never upgraded to a newer version. Now we want to upgrade to Endpoint Security 10.

We installed version 10 on a new server and tried different methods to remote upgrade our workstations, but whitout any good results because, we think the 6.0.3.837 is too old to upgrade directly?

What's the best way?

Regards,

Mark

You have to be at least on 6.0.4.1611. See http://support.kaspersky.com/9488.

You can create a task to remove KAV6, reboot, then install KES10.2.1.23.

Edited by glabrador

You have to be at least on 6.0.4.1611. See http://support.kaspersky.com/9488.

You can create a task to remove KAV6, reboot, then install KES10.2.1.23.

Hi glabrador,

I assume we have to create the task on KES10? So, I mean, is it possibe with the KES10 Administration Server, to remove the old 6.03 clients and agents with a task?

Regards,

Mark

Hi glabrador,

I assume we have to create the task on KES10? So, I mean, is it possibe with the KES10 Administration Server, to remove the old 6.03 clients and agents with a task?

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

Are you talking about Kaspersky Security Center 10 10.1.249? Did you already remove your previous administration kit version?

Thank You!

Hi glabrador,

Regards,

Mark

Yea all you need is the plugin

Hello!

You can create the task in KSC10 to uninstall this version.

But first you need to install the proper plugin (6.0.3.837).

Also if you haven't still uninstalled the previous version of AK then you can use it for un-installation and then perform the upgrade.

Thank You!

Hello!

You can create the task in KSC10 to uninstall this version.

But first you need to install the proper plugin (6.0.3.837).

Also if you haven't still uninstalled the previous version of AK then you can use it for un-installation and then perform the upgrade.

Thank You!

Hmm,

I can only find the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4 KSC10_Workstation_6.0_MP4.zip 6.0.4.1611 plug-in

I cannot find an older plug-in.

Regards,

Mark

Hello!

Please create the installation package of the version 6.0.3.837 in KSC 10.

Plugin will be automatically installed.

Thank You!

Hi,

Are you talking about Kaspersky Security Center 10 10.1.249? Did you already remove your previous administration kit version?

Thank You!

No about the 10.2.1.23. And our old server is still up and running.

regards,

Mark

Hello!

10.2.1.23. - it is KES version

10 10.1.249 - it is KSC version.

The question was

Did you already remove your previous administration kit version?

If you have the old server then please kindly run 6.0.3.837 un-installation task from it and the perform the upgrade.

Thank You!

Hello!

10.2.1.23. - it is KES version

10 10.1.249 - it is KSC version.

The question was

If you have the old server then please kindly run 6.0.3.837 un-installation task from it and the perform the upgrade.

Thank You!

Hi,

I'm a little confused. What's the difference between KCS and KES, Let's say, I want to start all over with the latest versions.

Install a new server with KCS 10.1.249 and using this server to deploy KES 10.2.1.23 to our Windows 7 Workstations?

Or are KES and KCS different products?

regards,

Mark

Hi,

I'm a little confused. What's the difference between KCS and KES, Let's say, I want to start all over with the latest versions.

Install a new server with KCS 10.1.249 and using this server to deploy KES 10.2.1.23 to our Windows 7 Workstations?

Or are KES and KCS different products?

regards,

Mark

Hi,

KSC and KES are different products. KSC is the administration server while KES in antivirus program. New version of KSC does not support your old antivirus product and you need to upgrade it first to the mentioned version at least in order to be able to manage it from the KSC or delete your old antivirus version.

Thank You!

Hi,

KSC and KES are different products. KSC is the administration server while KES in antivirus program. New version of KSC does not support your old antivirus product and you need to upgrade it first to the mentioned version at least in order to be able to manage it from the KSC or delete your old antivirus version.

Thank You!

Ahh, ok, So, If I install the KCS on a new server, manually remove the old 6.0 from our workstations, prepare them eventually with riprep, it should be able to deploy the latest KES to the workstations.

By the way, will there only an agent installed on the workstations, or a complete KES environment.

And I thank you very much for answering my questions, because I'm a little new in the Kaspersky software environment.

Regards,

Mark

Ahh, ok, So, If I install the KCS on a new server, manually remove the old 6.0 from our workstations, prepare them eventually with riprep, it should be able to deploy the latest KES to the workstations.

By the way, will there only an agent installed on the workstations, or a complete KES environment.

And I thank you very much for answering my questions, because I'm a little new in the Kaspersky software environment.

Regards,

Mark

You could un-install your old antivirus by running an uninstall group task on your old administration server that would be easier.

Regarding the new version deployment you can install new administration server (KSC 10) first and then you can create an installation task that would deploy Network agent and KES on discovered machines.

Thank You!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.