kasper148

Small Office Security 3: Export of configuration results in 0-Byte-file, GUI, comand line

Hello,

with "Kas Small Office Security 3.x" it is possible to export settings/configuration:

(German) Einstellungen/Erweitert/Einstellungen verwalten/Export

"Export der Konfigurationsdatei"

This results in a 0 Byte .cfg file...

Second attempt:

Trying to export part of settings (for example firewall fw) results in an error message.

command:

avp.com EXPORT fw fw_settings.dat

results in:

Loading eka persistent settings failed: 8000004b

Win2008R2-Sp1-Server, all Patches applied, LogIn as Administrator.

Why is export of configuration not working, both in gui and command line's avp.com?

Is there a Byte limitation while exporting (bigger than approximately 100 Kb)?

How to save and restore the firewall settings?

Question has been posted in:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=291086

Support ticket has been opened (24.03.2014, 315807289), Getsysteminfo.exe has been sent to support, we are still awaiting a solution!

Thx...

I agree that I get the same error if I try to store the settings from the command line.

If I use the GUI to safe the settings it works. I have tested this on WIN8.1. It could be different to the server version.

Hello,

Clarify please whether the process of creating config-file using GUI completes successfully without any errors or hangs?

Please submit traces:

1) Pause Protection (http://support.kaspersky.com/10670)

2) Enable Tracing: In the bottom left corner of the main Kaspersky Window click “Support” ->“Support Tools", "Enable Traces" on recommended trace level.

3) Reproduce the issue (try to create config-file using GUI).

4) Disable Tracing

A guide on "How to locate trace files is available here (2. How to locate trace files):

KSOS File Server: https://support.kaspersky.com/10458#block1

KSOS Workstation: http://support.kaspersky.com/10485#block1

Please send us traces and answer on the my question above in your ticket 315807289.

Thank you.

One more week awaiting a support answer, pls see also ticket above.

Really no hint about this bahaviour?

Thx...

Hello, kasper148.

I've checked your support request — it has been escalated and right now is in progress. Please wait for an answer.

I've checked your support request — it has been escalated and right now is in progress. Please wait for an answer.

Hello Nikita, thanks for reply!

Additional hint / test:

If switching off "Selbstschutz", exporting by command line avp.com is working without error Loading eka persistent settings failed: 8000004b but results in a 0-byte-file too.

If importing an old smaller .CFG file, everything runs as expected:

Configuration is imported and working, later exporting of same unchanged configuration is possible with GUI and "avp.com EXPORT".

Working size limit for exporting the configuration seems to be about 101 KB (103.554 B ).

Our configuration size is increased because of multiple entries in "Firewall/Paketregeln".

Edited by kasper148

Ticket 315807289 has been opened 4 weeks ago, no further hint and no solution have been provided even in kas support system...

I am disappointed :icon20: , possibility of individual firewall packet rules and exporting the whole konfiguration (and putting it to another machines) has been the main reason switching from our old (over years approved) av program to KAS-SOS.

Really no examination, really no solution for this issue?

Thx...

Hello, kasper148.

Due to high load of our German support department the response time has increased noticeably. Please accept our apologies for the delay.

A bug issue was created regarding your request.

If you would like to know does the issue correlate with the amount of firewall rules, then please try to reset settings of KSOS by default and export settings again.

Thank you.

Dear Nikita,

thanks for reply!

Yes, issue seems to be correlating with the amount of firewall rules, as written above. Resetting to default re-enables import/export ability.

A *solution* is needed, so that we are able to transfer firewall rules between different machines...

Thx once more, best regards.

Edited by kasper148

There is still NO fix, but ticket has been closed "known issue, will be included in update"...

Sorry, but solution is still needed!

There is still NO fix, but ticket has been closed "known issue, will be included in update"...

Sorry, but solution is still needed!

Please ask the support for a timeframe of a patch.

The support closed this case but they have bequeath to the developers.

Hello, kasper148.

This bug still has an "active" status, thus hasn't been resolved yet, unfortunately.

Please accept our apologies for such delay.

Ticket INC000003246964

Last answer from support:

"Unsere Entwickler haben diesen bug erzeugt (247871) der leider nicht in naher Zukunft eine Lösung finden wird.

Leider können wir nicht weiterhelfen bzw. keine weitere Hilfe anbieten."

Translated:

"Our developers have created this bug (247871) will not find a solution in the near future.

Unfortunately, we can not help or offer any further assistance."

So Kaspersky has decided not to fix a fundamental bug in a business product :ai: ?

Exporting the whole configuration seems to be a basic feature especially for business customers, so I can't believe this answer!

During beta test you are having the best choise for eliminate bugs!

Support seems to be annoying, sorry...

"Leider ist der Fehler noch nicht behoben.

Wir müssen bis zur Veröffentlichung der neuer Version KSOS 4 warten. Die kommerzielle Version sollte Mitte oder Ende des Frühjahr veröffentlicht werden, entweder im März oder April."

And new version KSOS-4 seems to be another product, missing most of the extended features from KSOS-3:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2323008

:dash1:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.