ebartha

Server edition KAV?

For the server AV installations it will be used the same package as for the workstation's or i am missing something??

Thanks

Ervin

For the server AV installations it will be used the same package as for the workstation's or i am missing something??

Thanks

Ervin

I think i need to download separately because i can't find the edition for the server machines in my installation packages only the old ones.

It´s only one package available. During the installation the OS was checked.

It´s only one package available. During the installation the OS was checked.

So i can deploy the package named "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows (8.1.0.646)" also for the server without any change of the package?

Thanks

yes it's single installation package for both

Thanks i will start to deploy the new version..

Ervin

So i can deploy the package named "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows (8.1.0.646)" also for the server without any change of the package?

Thanks

I'm curious as to what others are doing in regards to server installations. We primarily have been using 6.0.1424 on servers but do have a mix of the Enterprise version on certain systems such as DC’s, Remote Desktop Farm servers, and Exchange.

My thought in moving forward is to retire the workstation version (which includes KES8.1) when it comes to server installations and roll out the Enterprise version 8.0.559.

In the end, rather than having a mix, I could say that all servers are running Enterprise version and my workstations running KES8.1.

I’d be interested to hear what others are doing and the reasons for that decision.

Thank you,

Bruce

Edited by stinga

Stinga,

Enterprise Edition is specifically designed for RDS/Citrix servers, because it's optimized for multi-sessioning. However it lacks (many) options you'll find in KES 8, options you may find interesting. So i suggest put in on those RDS/Citrix servers only.

Working like this since 4 years with my customers and pretty happy with it.

Stinga,

Enterprise Edition is specifically designed for RDS/Citrix servers, because it's optimized for multi-sessioning. However it lacks (many) options you'll find in KES 8, options you may find interesting. So i suggest put in on those RDS/Citrix servers only.

Working like this since 4 years with my customers and pretty happy with it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of the multi-session enhancements for the Enterprise editions and my thought process has always been, if the server is expected to have high user i/o or high client connections, then Enterprise was the way to go. So if 75% of our servers fall into this category then why not go for all of them. If not just for the sake of convenience.

Even the guidelines from Kaspersky are somewhat vague in the end...

Here's the snippet from their site...

“Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition can be installed on servers with different functionality: terminal servers, print servers, applications servers, domain controllers, as well as file servers which are the most infectable type due to frequent file exchange with user workstations.”

I agree, we need dig deeper into the new options of KES8 but am always curious as to how others have designed their sites.

Thanks again for the info and feedback.

Well if you aren't interested in KES 8 new features you can also deploy FSEE everywhere - less administration tasks, more control ow who does what with the antivirus. Your choice really.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.