• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
Sign in to follow this  
BrightAngel

Highly Restricted should be allowed

One of my programs is not loading. I contacted the manufacturer who said that my Firewall must be blocking Macromedia Projector. I went to my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, clicked Settings, went in Protection, clicked Firewall and sure enough I found Macromedia Projector listed in the Filtering Rules as Highly Restricted. So I want it to be allowed. But I have no idea how to change it. I see buttons on the bottom...Add, Edit, Delete, Move Up, Move Down...but only Add is lit up and accessible. The other buttons are faded and don't respond. I figured I would have to select Macromedia Projector and click Edit. But it won't allow me to click Edit. When I look in help topics, I find instructions to create my own rules but not how to change this existing one. How do I allow this program to run?

richbuff   

Welcome. Change application status by: My Security zone > Applications > drop down combobox to category as needed > right click the status > Change status > close window.

Thanks.

I found the place you referred to. Macromedia Projector was listed as Highly Restricted. So I changed it to Low Restricted. And then to Trusted. But although the program I want now (Rosetta Stone) opens up as far as to let me log in, when I log in and click ok, I get an error that says Network Communication error:Connection could not be established with the remote host. (with both Low and Trusted)

It sounds like a problem with my Rosetta Stone program, but when I try opening it with Kaspersky protection DISABLED then I have no problems. But kinda pointless to have an Anti-Virus that you can't turn ON!

Any idea what is blocking my software from functioning when Kaspersky is enabled?