Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
barbig21

bcmwl5.sys

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I started having problems with my netbook while it was connected to energy or while the AVG scanner started running. Suddenly, the computer stopped working and I had to reboot it pressing the power button. A friend of mine installed the Kaspersky antivirus, but the problem persist. When the scanner tries to analyze the file bcmwl5.sys in the system32 folder it stops working completely. At least for now, that is the only problem I have, the rest of the functions such us connecting to internet or working with programmes is ok.

I will appreciate your help in this topic, thank you so much

Barbi

Hello, I started having problems with my netbook while it was connected to energy or while the AVG scanner started running. Suddenly, the computer stopped working and I had to reboot it pressing the power button. A friend of mine installed the Kaspersky antivirus, but the problem persist. When the scanner tries to analyze the file bcmwl5.sys in the system32 folder it stops working completely. At least for now, that is the only problem I have, the rest of the functions such us connecting to internet or working with programmes is ok.

I will appreciate your help in this topic, thank you so much

Barbi

I´m asking myself if it could be responsibility of the virus Win32.AutoIt.so, because I have just scanned my pendrives and the Kaspersky antivurus detected it.

Welcome. Please post the logs and screenshots that are requested in the fifth Important topic, located near the top of this section of the forum; and in the first Important topic, located at the top of the Virus section of this forum.

Welcome. Please post the logs and screenshots that are requested in the fifth Important topic, located near the top of this section of the forum; and in the first Important topic, located at the top of the Virus section of this forum.

Thank you very much

Kaspersky antivurus detected it.
Please post the... screenshots that are requested
Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full name and object details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

i would suggest that you check for BIOS (to resolve the power management issue) and wireless adapter updates on the acer website. there is definitely newer broadcom WLAN drivers available. even if there are not for your specific model, a reinstall of that file may resolve the scan issue if it has become corrupted.

Edited by antikythera

Post screenshot of Detected > Active threats. With columns widened to show full name and object details.

How to take and post screenshot: PrtSc (Print screen) key (upper right part of keyboard)> open Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories) > Edit > Paste, File > Save as (jpeg or

png, Not bmp). When replying, Browse > click once to select file > Open > Upload > add reply.

avptool_sysinfo.zip

I can't see your screenshots. Please attach them again. And please reply to what antikythera suggested, too.

i would suggest that you check for BIOS (to resolve the power management issue) and wireless adapter updates on the acer website. there is definitely newer broadcom WLAN drivers available. even if there are not for your specific model, a reinstall of that file may resolve the scan issue if it has become corrupted.

Thank you!! It worked!!!