I have similar problem. I purchased a license for KIS2014 and used it with no problems. When I upgraded to KIS2015 this problem occured. Any application which tries to connect with SSL fails certificate check except all of my browsers. These programs include (but not limited to) pidgin, Android Studio and a number of my games. When they present the problem SSL certificate I see that the certificate is somehow change by KIS such that the issuer information is shown as "Kaspersky". I tried to confirm the problem is with KIS so I provide these reasons: 1) When I paused protection, the problem was resolved. No SSL certificate error 2) When I resumed protection, the problem occurred again. 3) While protection was enabled, I turned of "Web Anti-Virus" module and No SSL certificate error happened. 4) When I enabled "Web Anti-Virus" the problem came back alive again. Hope this information helps to resolve the issue. I will be available in case more data is needed.