Help - Search - Members
Full Version: safe money, plugins not working
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
helzapop
when I open a web page for banking safe money is not working. I checked the settings and the box is ticked run auto any clues
Gniblett
QUOTE(helzapop @ 24.08.2013 12:24) *
when I open a web page for banking safe money is not working. I checked the settings and the box is ticked run auto any clues

The only way I have been able to get Safe Money working without crashing browsers (Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) is to approach Safe Money from a totally different angle.

First open Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (I assume this is what you are running) click Settings > Safe Money and then Create Shortcut, this adds a Shortcut to Safe Money to your Desktop.

OK then look down to the the section entitled Bank and Payment system websites
Here you need to ADD the URL's of the websites you intend to use Safe Money on.

Then when you want to visit one of these websites, instead of launching your browser, click the Safe Money Shortcut you created earlier and select the website the list of URL's you have listed there.

This will open the website in a protected browser and should work flawlessly. smile.gif

helzapop
I have got it working that way you said but just one site it comes up saying this page can't be displayed. last week this page was working fine with me just typing its address in the search bar and safe money was coming up automatically, I am stuck now don't know what to do
Gniblett
QUOTE(helzapop @ 24.08.2013 17:24) *
I have got it working that way you said but just one site it comes up saying this page can't be displayed. last week this page was working fine with me just typing its address in the search bar and safe money was coming up automatically, I am stuck now don't know what to do

Double check you have entered the URL for that site correctly in Safe Money. Have you tried clearing your Browser History, Cache (Temporary Internet Files) and Cookies?
helzapop
I have run Kaspersky tools to clear browser history,cache and cookies. still no good.
Rodion Nagornov
helzapop
what is the exact URL?
Which version of KIS and browser do you have?
helzapop
Click to view attachmentwww.lloydstsb.com, Kaspersky 2013, ie10.
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(helzapop @ 26.08.2013 15:29) *
www.lloydstsb.com, Kaspersky 2013, ie10.

Please, download and install the latest Kaspersky 2014:

1. Download the latest 2014 version of Kaspersky
2. Uninstall the older version like so
3. Install the 2014 version and activate it with your 20-symbol activation code.

Safe money works on my PC with 2014 and this online bank
helzapop
do I use the English (usa/canda] for England. I just log on to barcleys bank and safe money works so I don't no why Lloyds tsb does not.
Rodion Nagornov
Yes, US/Canada.
Did you add this webpage into Safe money list manually?
helzapop
I have got it working I was not typing in all of the address for Lloyds tsb in safe money. will down load Kaspersky 2014 at a later date thanks for your help
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(helzapop @ 27.08.2013 12:20) *
I have got it working I was not typing in all of the address for Lloyds tsb in safe money. will down load Kaspersky 2014 at a later date thanks for your help

You're welcome. Inform us about the result.
Gniblett
QUOTE(helzapop @ 27.08.2013 08:20) *

Pleased to hear its working now .... smile.gif
helzapop
hi guys update on safe money kas2013 its been working ok until today and it would not work. so I have installed kas2014 and safemoney is working the only thing I cant see is if secure keyboard is working and I cant find the virtual keyboard. they are both enabled in manage add-ons. also is there documentation for kas 2014 to download.
helzapop
QUOTE(helzapop @ 4.09.2013 17:36) *
hi guys update on safe money kas2013 its been working ok until today and it would not work. so I have installed kas2014 and safemoney is working the only thing I cant see is if secure keyboard is working and I cant find the virtual keyboard. they are both enabled in manage add-ons. also is there documentation for kas 2014 to download.

I have just found this on Kaspersky help pages. click on settings/additional/secure data path. and it come up with. to enable secure data input, it is required to reboot your computer. I have done that but its still the same.
Indio
Hi-helzapop: I'm a user like you, with a similar malfunction, with the "Kis-14" Virtual keyboard-Ultimately I'm able to enter #s in the data fields, but can't type letters. Hope the patch "b" address this error. U said that one of Ur Banks(URL) work Ok but a 2nd doesn't, review Ur (URL) Remember the [ https:// ] protocol is already entered by default 'N it's to be followed by [.www] plus the rest of the (Banks' address)

You've configured the (Safe$+Secure Input Data-Properly) got the "Add-Ons" enabled, but can't display the [Virtual/Keyboard] First of all make sure that, you've the (VKboard/grey/icon) in Ur Google toolbar if not add it by clicking in the [Wheel tool icon >Add-Ons >Pointo Toolbars >click-Customize. You'll see a left column, with inactive "Add-Ons" Look for (VKboard/icon) click it & add+ close window. The VKboard will appears in the Gtoolbar or try the key combination [Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P] If displayed you're ready to enter data in the fields.. Report to Forum if problem/solved. CU-Later-Kasperskian <INDIO>
helzapop
Hi Indio I have got secure keyboard working and I have got the virtual keyboard icon in the sign in/ password boxes, but I have the same issue has you. using the virtual keyboard click on the 1st letter that goes into the sign box / click on the 2nd letter and it will not enter into the sign box.
Gniblett
One frustrating thing about Safe Money is that it is not consistent across Browsers. It will kick in when not asked for on some sites rendering them useless as something triggers the Safe Money page "Learn More" and from then on you are stumped, the original page is unworkable and "Learn More" goes nowhere.

Accessing payment sites by entering the URL in the Safe Money App within KIS 2013 has fixed it for most sites for me, but there are still some that become unusable when using Google Chrome, for example, as the "Learn More" Window really mucks things up big time. But a copy and paste of the URL into Firefox works perfectly. A fine example is when trying to download the latest version of iTunes from Apple. Impossible using Chrome, but works like a dream in Firefox! others will work in Chrome but not in Firefox .....

This is a frustration and a time consuming annoyance. I appreciate that with constant Browser updates for security reasons it could make things tricky for Kaspersky to keep abreast of things at times, but this day and age one would have hoped these niggles would be ironed out fairly quickly.
helzapop
I have removed kas 2014 and gone back to kas2013 which at the moment is working ok. kas 2014 was also slow on start up, I will wait for the new patch for 2014 when its released later this month. found that out in this forum, I would be lost without your replys so thanks evryone
helzapop
I am using windows 8.1 and Kaspersky 2014 all my Kaspersky plugins are incompatible, I know they are looking at a fix for this but is it safe to use my pc for internet banking.
also what about the fix for the virtual keyboard I had to go into the display and change it from 125% to 100% to get to work with windows8 will it work with 8.1
Rodion Nagornov
Please, await for patch C.

Yes.
wasafan
You've got to be kidding. The trial version of Kaspersky seemed to be working so well, especially the safe money feature, that I went ahead & subscribed for 3 years. Now I discover that this product is not even consistent. This is just shameful.
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(wasafan @ 4.02.2014 03:41) *
You've got to be kidding. The trial version of Kaspersky seemed to be working so well, especially the safe money feature, that I went ahead & subscribed for 3 years. Now I discover that this product is not even consistent. This is just shameful.

It works. Which browser do you use?
wasafan
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 4.02.2014 14:19) *
It works. Which browser do you use?

I use IE10 although it does not work in Chrome either. It does not work when launching from within Safe Money. I've uninstalled KIS2013 & installed KIS2014. I've added the URL manually by copying & pasting. In IE it hangs, in Chrome it brings me to my home page, not the bank URL.
http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...7c0919c4d240c84
Rodion Nagornov
Please, remove Intel AT Service from McAfee.

Please refer to this guide to locate and clean Windows temporary folders
Any better?
wasafan
I feel this product is unstable. I am having issues with Safe Money as well & I never received a fix. Although IE is not my default browser, it does appear as a selection in the Safe Money Settings. However, the protected browser does not launch when accessing a money website. And launching the website from within Safe Money causes the protected browser to hang. Changing the browser setting to Chrome & launching within Safe Money causes the browser to go unprotected to my home page. I was lured by the 2013 Trial Version which was working fine. This is very disappointing.
wasafan
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 5.02.2014 11:27) *
Please, remove Intel AT Service from McAfee.

Please refer to this guide to locate and clean Windows temporary folders
Any better?

Rodion, too bad I didn't receive a notification of your reply.
My Intel AT service was never activated & the folder cleaning had no effect. No better. I would like to emphasize that the trial version of Safe Money was working & I have not installed any new applications other than KIS.
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(wasafan @ 11.02.2014 06:40) *
Rodion, too bad I didn't receive a notification of your reply.
My Intel AT service was never activated & the folder cleaning had no effect. No better. I would like to emphasize that the trial version of Safe Money was working & I have not installed any new applications other than KIS.

Ok. There are two rules for Safe Money:
1. An opening website has to be 'https'
2. It has to be the direct log-in or payment system page. So if you opens Http://mybank.com , Safe Money will not work. but if you're trying Https://login.mybank.com - it will.Please tell me what the exact page are you trying to open through Safe Money? Do you try to open it from KIS interface or from your browser?
wasafan
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 11.02.2014 11:08) *
Ok. There are two rules for Safe Money:
1. An opening website has to be 'https'
2. It has to be the direct log-in or payment system page. So if you opens Http://mybank.com , Safe Money will not work. but if you're trying Https://login.mybank.com - it will.Please tell me what the exact page are you trying to open through Safe Money? Do you try to open it from KIS interface or from your browser?

Yes, I am aware of the https requirement.
The site is www1.royalbank.com. The URL https://www1.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/rbaccess...ANGUAGE=ENGLISH & another site www.cibc.com will work ONLY from within Safe Money however the following message appears:
"The yellow frame signifies that Kaspersky Internet Security does not provide complete protection of your data".
I would like to repeat that the Trial Version KIS was working fine & Safe Money would automatically launch from within the Browser.
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(wasafan @ 11.02.2014 21:16) *
Yes, I am aware of the https requirement.
The site is www1.royalbank.com. The URL https://www1.royalbank.com/cgi-bin/rbaccess...ANGUAGE=ENGLISH & another site www.cibc.com will work ONLY from within Safe Money however the following message appears:
"The yellow frame signifies that Kaspersky Internet Security does not provide complete protection of your data".
I would like to repeat that the Trial Version KIS was working fine & Safe Money would automatically launch from within the Browser.

Open Windows Update Center and install all updates available.
wasafan
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 12.02.2014 11:34) *
Open Windows Update Center and install all updates available.

After the endless cycle of updates, the yellow frame error message is now gone. However, it will still only launch from within Safe Money. I bought this product because Safe Money would automatically launch from within the browsers & that is how it is advertised to work. Furthermore, now at boot-up KIS will show a warning: SECURITY IS AT RISK (Protection paused). And KIS takes much longer to launch.
Additionally, unless it is no longer supported by Kaspersky the choice to migrate to a later software version should be at my discretion. I would like to repeat, everything was working fine on my then system with the then Trial Version of KIS.
Also, I don’t understand why I no longer receive any notifications when this thread is updated.
Rodion Nagornov
Is the plugin enabled in IE10 settings? I haven't your issue nor in IE neither in FF or Chrome...
wasafan
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 14.02.2014 11:03) *
Is the plugin enabled in IE10 settings? I haven't your issue nor in IE neither in FF or Chrome...

After all the updates per your instructions, it's now IE11. And yes, the Safe Money plugin is Enabled. However, Date Last Accessed = Not Available. The same applies for the URL Advisor Plugin. However, the URLs Check Plugin appears to be active & it also has the KIS logo next to it. And no, my Safe Money does not launch in Chrome either.
Rodion Nagornov
QUOTE(wasafan @ 14.02.2014 21:39) *
After all the updates per your instructions, it's now IE11. And yes, the Safe Money plugin is Enabled. However, Date Last Accessed = Not Available. The same applies for the URL Advisor Plugin. However, the URLs Check Plugin appears to be active & it also has the KIS logo next to it. And no, my Safe Money does not launch in Chrome either.

Please, create a request to tech.support and post here the number.
wasafan
QUOTE(Rodion Nagornov @ 17.02.2014 12:17) *
Please, create a request to tech.support and post here the number.

Your request number: 315759581.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.