Sign in to follow this  
wguru

What is Service setting's "Disable external service control"?

In case external service control is disabled (meaning the option is checked) you are not able to start/stop the Kaspersky service via Windows control panel or the net start avp/net stop avp commands.

Thanks for the info.

Just guessing here, that user option setting is useful for what, insuring that KAV cannot be turned off except by password or myself (the administrator)?

And now, where did I find that setting's option. :0)

Thanks for replying.

The feature's option made available in Protection>Computer Protection Status>Settings (tick box) doesn't seem to be explained anywhere.

Where did you obtain your information on this feature?

If I understand you correctly, that optional feature adds another layer of self protection to KAV, so how is it that KAV offers it as an "option"?

I suppose the remaining typical questions about the feature can be answered simply by turning the option on, ie; is it a resouce hog, does it result in some sort of annoyance, etc.

Is there any possible way to add exclusions to this option? I needed to disable it as it was blocking a program significant to my work, and I would like to keep it activated... Also, adding the program and subfiles in that program to the exclusions list did not change it.

Welcome.

....a program.... the program... that program....
And the Mystery Program is....?

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.