Michel-B

Signed, whitelisted application still getting blocked

KES: 11.0.1.90
KSC: 10.5.1781

Client OS: Windows 10 x64 1809
Server OS: Windows Server 2016

I'm using Application Startup Control in White List mode. This works fine, except for one thing that I cannot figure out:

We have developers who create their own applications (executables mostly). Whenever they create a new version of the application, we had to add them to a category for whitelist. That's why I chose for the option to add applications to a category based on metadata

CFxMLlo.png

I was told that this only works for applications who have been signed with a valid certificate. So we purchased one and instructed our developers to use it to sign their application.

COlYaXQ.png

I've added the certificate to the Trusted Publishers computer stores on every client that wants to run the application.

Even when I do all this, the application still gets blocked. I've created a test environment with a clean KSC and client and cannot get it to work. What am I doing wrong here?

XAIFemn.png

Hi,

Could you please provide full GSI report from affected machine, policy export, and KES traces collected in moment of event reproduction.

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.