mikethebike

Kaspersky Secure Connection - 200MB per day

My question arises from thoughts stemming from a previous recent post about K Secure Connection. I think I get 200MB free per day. Is this correct and what does this translate into in terms of actual use?  For instance if I use it for Safe Money when connecting to my online banking or other financial transaction such as Paypal, Amazon etc am I likely to stay within the 200MB limit and what warning do I get that I am about to exceed the limit. How much safer does it make my transaction if I am already using Safe Money for online banking and other financial transactions. I have no particular need to "remain hidden" other than it makes or maybe does not make access to my finances more secure 

The "Read More" section provided by K I found to be very limited in its explanation.

Thanks

mikethebike 

That is just for VPN traffic. I am guessing your usage details will vary depending on how large the webpages you are browsing really are.

2 hours ago, Whizard said:

That is just for VPN traffic. I am guessing your usage details will vary depending on how large the webpages you are browsing really are.

Thanks. So is there any way to estimate how large the web pages are? Is the 200Mb used up  by how many pages there are before the transaction is completed. I presume that if as you get close to the 200MB then K warns you and terminates your Secure Connection. You then either pay the subscription or revert to the "normal" use of Safe Money?

I appreciate you may not be able to help me further unless you are a user of the free 200MB of Secure Connection. I was hoping that there were some users of the free 200MB who could describe their experience in terms of how much MB , say,  a simple enquiry of their online banking  involved or a payment via Paypal.

At the moment I am "punching the air" as the saying goes. If my need for Secure Connection is quite limited and I think it is then I need to avoid using an expensive sledgehammer to crack a very small nut to use another analogy

mikethebike

8 hours ago, mikethebike said:

My question arises from thoughts stemming from a previous recent post about K Secure Connection. I think I get 200MB free per day. Is this correct and what does this translate into in terms of actual use?  For instance if I use it for Safe Money when connecting to my online banking or other financial transaction such as Paypal, Amazon etc am I likely to stay within the 200MB limit and what warning do I get that I am about to exceed the limit. How much safer does it make my transaction if I am already using Safe Money for online banking and other financial transactions. I have no particular need to "remain hidden" other than it makes or maybe does not make access to my finances more secure 

The "Read More" section provided by K I found to be very limited in its explanation.

Thanks

mikethebike 

Gday

I have 300mb limit, i think we get extra 100mb free when we log in to my kaspersky or actually use the app for the first time?

It was last year?  cannot remember  exactly , snoop around in the settings of the app etc , you may get the offer of the extra 100mb

KASPERSKY SECURE 300MB.jpg

Thanks for the reply, antivirushelp. As you have the 300MB can you describe some examples of how much access this gives you to K Secure Connection. My idea would be to switch it on when connecting to my online banking and Paypal but probably not otherwise. Have you experienced what happens when you come close to using up the 300MB? Do you get a warning and does the K Secure Connection stop seamlessly i.e. the cut-off does not suddenly close down the site you are visiting?

Thanks 

mikethebike 

I am going to take a guess since its powered HotSpot shield you should get a warning of some sorts (again the exact integration that KL did is not known to me):

https://support.hotspotshield.com/hc/en-us/articles/202439074-Does-Hotspot-Shield-have-data-bandwidth-usage-limit-

In regards to the web page calculator you can get a rough estimate by reading this article:

https://www.whoishostingthis.com/blog/2010/04/14/bandwidth-needed/

Let me know if that helps out!

Thanks for the reply Wizard. If I have understood what the articles said, it looks very much as if I can easily remain inside the 200MB/300MB limit per day for the few sites where I do financial transactions. At 300Mb per day then in a month that is roughly 9GB. When I check my monthly bandwidth usage with my ISP it is rarely above 5 GB. I think that suggests that I could have the K Secure Connection all the time for free, assuming I have understood things correctly which is by no means certain.

mikethebike

I would only worry about this on a laptop and if you frequently connect to random access points and do financial transactions at the same time. In most cases keeping your computer up-to-date with the latest software and security patches would be sufficient for most users. Most of the time do not click on random links if you are not expecting it. Even if it does look like it should be clicked, mouse over it and see where it leads first. As most malware comes from clicking on those links and from unpatched software and OS vulnerabilities. So keep with your Windows Updates as well.

Thanks again, Whizard. I am solely a desktop user and connect to the Internet via an ethernet( I think it is called) cable. I have no need of Wifi and do not use it. I use a couple of websites that I have used for several years and know to be safe.  I do not click onto random links and do religiously keep checking my Windows Update and upload those.

It sounds as if you are saying that I may not need the Secure Connection at all which was what I had thought may be the case. Given my above circumstances K Secure Connection may not add any extra security to my use of K Safe Money when doing financial transactions 

mikethebike