yinyong

MIgration from KLUpdate to Update Utility

Hello

I was using Klupdater very well so far, but I knew that Kasp has done supporting it. I started using update utility but I can not succed in the "migration" since it starts downloading endlessly all the files disregardind what I already have. Please help! I had the "update" folder in my D\. partition... Where should I put the "temp" folder? (I'm using KES 10 for Windows 10.2.1.23 in Win7)

I tried the solution given in the "How to decrease the volume of updates downloaded by Kaspersky Update Utility 3.0 on first startup" page but I could'nt find the Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Administration Kit\ path in my computer.

(Note: I have a dial-up connection, yes, if you believe that! I live in Cuba!). I didn't have problems with this using Klupdater (R.I.P.)... Thanks for helping me.

Edited by yinyong

Why they took off the support for the good KLUPDATER which worked so well and was so easy to use????

Welcome,

you can try to simply copy Temp folder (with the subfolder temporaryFolder inside) from the old utility over to the new utility.

Welcome,

you can try to simply copy Temp folder (with the subfolder temporaryFolder inside) from the old utility over to the new utility.

Thanks for your reply... But I already have tried that and it keeps downloading and overwriting every single file!!!!! :angry:

And I have checked the file comparing them (content) and they are the same (except for the date)! OOPss!

I have tried it and just a few files were downloaded. Could you attach the report created by update utility?

Well, nothing to do... I'm back to KLupdater and KES 10.2.1.23... I hope that when I decide to upgrade to Win 10 there will be also an upgrade to Kasp Upd Util 3.2 (or higher) :blink:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.