CJO

Can't connect to Google

Hi,

I just installed Kaspersky Total Security on a new Acer laptop running Windows 10 but I can only connect to Bing. My password confirmations are being sent to my Gmail account but I can't access anything Google on the laptop. It seems to be an issue with the secure site certificate (https).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christine

Hi,

I just installed Kaspersky Total Security on a new Acer laptop running Windows 10 but I can only connect to Bing. My password confirmations are being sent to my Gmail account but I can't access anything Google on the laptop. It seems to be an issue with the secure site certificate (https).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christine

I had the same issue, check the thread below on how to fix it.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=341379

I read the thread but I have no idea how to import a certificate. I don't even understand what that means. I don't know where or how to configure KAV settings. I right click on the icon in the task tray and I can see some of the setting but I don't see anything about SSL.

Can someone explain in layman's terms what I need to do please?

Thanks for your help...

@CJO: which browser are You using? FireFox? Chrome? InterNet Explorer?.

I was using FF but just managed to download and install Chrome using Edge. I found a place to import certificates in Chrome settings so I'm going to try and find the file mentioned in the referenced link above.

Chrome, Edge and IE use the same Certificates manager -> Windows Mager, FF43 uses own one...

To import Kaspersky Root Certificate into FF43, go to FF Settings/Options -> Advanced -> Certificates -> View Certificates -> Authorities tab -> Import, then go to/import the file:

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP16.0.0\Data\Cert\(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer

Once imported, edit it and tick the 3 check buttons.

Edited by harlan4096

Chrome, Edge and IE use the same Certificates manager -> Windows Mager, FF43 uses own one...

To import Kaspersky Root Certificate into FF43, go to FF Settings/Options -> Advanced -> Certificates -> View Certificates -> Authorities tab -> Import, then go to/import the file:

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP16.0.0\Data\Cert\(fake)Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Root Certificate.cer

Once imported, edit it and tick the 3 check buttons.

OK I did exactly as you said - the certificate was already there so it would not import it - but I located the certificate and checked the 3 boxes and then tried going to Google but I get the same message;

-------------------------

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

I just tried connecting to Google in Chrome and I can't do that either. \here's the error message I get;

------------------------

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.google.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

ReloadHide advanced

www.google.com normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Chrome tried to connect to www.google.com this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. Either an attacker is trying to pretend to be www.google.com, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit www.google.com right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

------------------------

Check Date/Time are of Windows and BIOS system are correct. Which version of KTS did You install? 2015? 2016?.

Edited by harlan4096

Check Date/Time are of Windows and BIOS system are correct. Which version of KTS did You installed? 2015? 2016?.

Sorry Harlan but I don't know how to do that either. I installed KTS 16.0.0.614

Check whether You are using a proxy/script in Windows Settings... also check Your Windows 10 network is in Private status...

Kaspersky Total Security and Windows 7 recent install. I can't connect to Chrome "Your connection is not private" I checked my clock and it is okay

I'm having the same issue using Firefox. I can't connect to my gmail account, I can't use Google maps, and I even get the untrusted connection message trying to connect to My.Kaspersky!! How ridiculous is that?

No one should need to be going in and editing things to make it work! My last year's version was fine. Now I accept the offer to install Total Security instead of just renew what I had and I can't even check my email! It's so frustrating!

OK I did exactly as you said - the certificate was already there so it would not import it - but I located the certificate and checked the 3 boxes and then tried going to Google but I get the same message;

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.google.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

I just tried this and had the same result. The certificate it found however didn't seem exactly the same, so I thought I would delete it and import the new one. It seemed to delete OK, disappearing from the list, but I still get the message that it already exists, even though there is no sign of it. What do I do now?

EDIT: OK, I tried rebooting and the original certificate had gone, so it let me import the new one and tick all the boxes. However, even with another reboot nothing has changed. I still can't get into my gmail and I'm about ready to despair and ask for a refund!

Edited by Tepara

Welcome. If this issue is not readily resolvable, by:

Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections.

and/or by importing the certificate,

please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Welcome. If this issue is not readily resolvable, by:

Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections.

and/or by importing the certificate,

please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Well, that seemed like a good plan. I checked the network setting and it was wrong, so I changed it, rebooted, and still got the same issue.

I've gone through the steps to create the GSI file, but when I try to go to the helpdesk URL to log the problem, I get the untrusted connection with that as well. I can't get anywhere! How can I register the issue if I can't even get to the Helpdesk??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to my.kaspersky.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

What Should I Do?

my.kaspersky.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it was signed using a signature algorithm that was disabled because that algorithm is not secure.

(Error code: sec_error_cert_signature_algorithm_disabled)

Well, that seemed like a good plan. I checked the network setting and it was wrong, so I changed it, rebooted, and still got the same issue.

I've gone through the steps to create the GSI file, but when I try to go to the helpdesk URL to log the problem, I get the untrusted connection with that as well. I can't get anywhere! How can I register the issue if I can't even get to the Helpdesk??

EDIT: I've used Chrome to get through to the Tech Support page and submit everything, but I'm very disappointed with this. I feel like I'm being used as a guinea pig to test a beta version. It sure has bugs in it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to my.kaspersky.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

What Should I Do?

my.kaspersky.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it was signed using a signature algorithm that was disabled because that algorithm is not secure.

(Error code: sec_error_cert_signature_algorithm_disabled)

If anyone out there is interested, the tech support people are doing their best to help me, but so far they have only suggested 'solutions' that I've already tried from this support forum and nothing has worked.

8th of January and I still get 'untrusted connection' issues on the vast majority of websites I try to access, e.g. Google, Facebook and even 'My Kasperksy' itself!

I've had to give up on using Firefox for urgent things and use Chrome instead, which doesn't have the same issues, but all my bookmarks are in Firefox and I much prefer it as a browser. Nearly time to abandon Total Security (which has made me so secure I can't access anything) and ask for my money back?

If anyone out there is interested, the tech support people are doing their best to help me, but so far they have only suggested 'solutions' that I've already tried from this support forum and nothing has worked.

8th of January and I still get 'untrusted connection' issues on the vast majority of websites I try to access, e.g. Google, Facebook and even 'My Kasperksy' itself!

I've had to give up on using Firefox for urgent things and use Chrome instead, which doesn't have the same issues, but all my bookmarks are in Firefox and I much prefer it as a browser. Nearly time to abandon Total Security (which has made me so secure I can't access anything) and ask for my money back?

It's now the 10th January. I've had no further support or communication from anyone at Kaspersky, so I have given up and removed the product. I will request a refund. I had to uninstall and reinstall Firefox to get rid of any trace of Kaspersky, but now it works a treat! Goodbye Kaspersky!

On 12/27/2015 at 2:09 AM, CJO said:

Hi,

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Christine

I got the same problem

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.