lqhnybear@gmail.com

[Bug 1228949] Windows 10 start menu items won't pin-unpin with Kaspersky

I had KIS 2015 I've updated to 2016 and done a full clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 but it appears that with Kaspersky installed it breaks the Windows Start screen. After the computer is fully boot up I try to pin or unpin items to the start screen and they won't appear/disappear. Also if I install new programs they won't appear in the start menu until I reboot the computer.

If I uninstall KIS 16.0.0.614 (a) the start menu works perfectly.

How can I get this fixed? Kaspersky is really disappointing me lately with all the issues it has every time there is a SP or New release of windows.

------

//edit: add quote below:

Hello everyone,

We confirm this bug. As a workaround you can log off and log on again or restart the system.

Edited by richbuff

It also appears that KIS breaks Runtimebroker.exe. My cpu is constantly at 10-50% for Runtimebroker.exe. I have since uninstalled KIS and the entire system is running perfectly.

Hello,

Yeah, this problem seems to reproduce. I will see what can be done. Wait for my update.

Meanwhile please contact Technical Support @ https://my.kaspersky.com so we could gather more diagnostic info.

Thanks for info!

Hello,

Yeah, this problem seems to reproduce. I will see what can be done. Wait for my update.

Meanwhile please contact Technical Support @ https://my.kaspersky.com so we could gather more diagnostic info.

Thanks for info!

Hope you have an answer/fix soon. So far because of bugs with Kaspersky between windows 8 and now windows 10 I've lost at least a month of my paid subscription.

i have the same problem with KIS 2016 on Windows 10. With KIS installed I'm unable to pin and unpin items from-to start menu. I need to restart PC to see the changes. Everything works well in Safe Mode or in Normal mode 1 min after System has started(before KIS start). System reinstalled 3 times, but the agony is still here.

i have a problem with KIS 2016 on Windows 10. With KIS installed I'm unable to pin and unpin items from-to start menu. I need to restart PC to see the changes. Everything works well in Safe Mode or in Normal mode 1 min after System has started(before KIS start). System reinstalled 3 times, but the agony is still here. What to do to solve this? It is very frustrating. Also, everything worked well before KIS installation and after uninstall.

Edited by iN00b

I can confirm this bug. After KIS16 install - this problems appears, uninstall - all works perfect and well. Adding shellexperiencehost.exe to exceptions list won't help.

another bug with start menu by Kaspersky is full-screen start. I don't have full-screen start with Kaspersky installed

I have the same bug in my laptop : Clean install of Win 10 + Kis 2016

I can't pin or unpin apps in the "New Start Menu", when i restart explorer.exe in task manager - or reboot, modifications in "Start Menu"show up.

Edited by kimosky

Hello everyone,

We confirm this bug. As a workaround you can log off and log on again or restart the system.

another bug with start menu by Kaspersky is full-screen start. I don't have full-screen start with Kaspersky installed

Could you clarify, please, what do you mean exactly by ' I don't have full-screen start with Kaspersky installed'?

Ok. I turn on start-menu full-screen mode but it doesn't take effect. I have to sign-out or restart system and it work. But after minutes this bug happens again. With start-menu full-screen mode off I have to do it again too

Edited by Kan Đặng

Same here; can't pin or unpin apps in the start menu with KAV installed.

Win 10 Pro (build 10240) CLEAN install with KAV 16.0.0.614.

Glad it's a known bug, but's still very annoying! Hope this is a TOP priority for Kaspersky. I'll ditch this company like a rock is it's not fixed in a week.

Edited by mattspew

Hello everyone,

I know logging off then on or restarting the system will refresh the screen but I don't want to have to reboot or relog every time I make a change. When can we expect a fix?

I know logging off then on or restarting the system will refresh the screen but I don't want to have to reboot or relog every time I make a change. When can we expect a fix?

Same here! It's really annoying.

I don't want to log-off and log-on or restart. I have found 13 people who had this problem like me had. It's very annoying and they has thought that Windows 10 build 10240 didn't stable and had very issues

It's been 4 days and the bug is not yet fixed.

I'm still in the trial period, and I'm curious to see how long it will take to fix this critical bug.

It's been 4 days and the bug is not yet fixed.

I'm still in the trial period, and I'm curious to see how long it will take to fix this critical bug.

It takes anywhere from a week to several weeks to issue a patch depending on how many issues it addresses and since the next patch is supposed to fix a lot of Windows 10 compatibility issues I wouldn't measure the time in days but weeks.

Edited by 3x0gR13N

This issue is known, and the developers are currently working on this issue.

You can make your changes to Start screen, then reboot. Any better after that? Also, logging off user account and re log in should work as a workaround.

It takes anywhere from a week to several weeks to issue a patch depending on how many issues it addresses and since the next patch is supposed to fix a lot of Windows 10 compatibility issues I wouldn't measure the time in days but weeks.

and that is why when my subscription is up I'm dropping Kaspersky like a bad habit. They are far too slow to update their software. This isn't a program that I can get by without it's my damn antivirus software and it's malfunctioning. Kaspersky needs to step up their sorry ass game.

Workaround is reposted, lest it be buried:

Hello everyone,

Also, you can stop Explorer and re-start it again.

and that is why when my subscription is up I'm dropping Kaspersky like a bad habit. They are far too slow to update their software. This isn't a program that I can get by without it's my damn antivirus software and it's malfunctioning. Kaspersky needs to step up their sorry ass game.

ok, this bug with KIS is frustrating, but not so crucial as you say. Think what's more important for you, security or pinning on the Start. Remember that Microsoft released 3 OS's in the last 3 yrs and every OS is a story for itself, especially for non-USA companies like Kaspersky and it's a big challenge for programmers, testers etc. But why? The three new Windows because of some Start menu changes and improving spying features, especially in Win 10.

Read more: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/ga...e-10432300.html

As we can see, Microsoft is primarily working on spying features + Start menu in the last few years.

Kaspersky has few small bugs, but I'm pretty sure it's still the best security software in the world. I've tested many Antiviruses, but Kasp is the longest time on my PC and I've never had any infection, it's very fast now, not slow as before, a lot of features...

The best Antivirus on the worst OS. Who's the offender?

Edited by iN00b