Although there is a green 'K' at the side of the Paypal listing in my browser search, when I click on it a Kaspersky pop up appears saying 'Phishing Link blocked' I have reset everything back to default but it is still the same. If I type the paypal address into the address bar of the browser Safe Money pops up and everything is ok. Clicking the paypal link in the search results bring up the Blocked Phishing pop up. Is this normal?

Although there is a green 'K' at the side of the Paypal listing in my browser search, when I click on it a Kaspersky pop up appears saying 'Phishing Link blocked' I have reset everything back to default but it is still the same. If I type the paypal address into the address bar of the browser Safe Money pops up and everything is ok. Clicking the paypal link in the search results bring up the Blocked Phishing pop up. Is this normal?

post-538799-1427917464_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fedupwiththis

I have re-installed a back up of my system that I made earlier on a portable disc and now everything is working as it should. I have run all updates and everything is still ok. So it would appear that the fault lay in something I may have accidently changed. I love a happy ending. Ha Ha. Thank you for your interest.

Edited by Fedupwiththis

I'm having the same problem. It's when I use the google firefox's search box the paypal links all have a green shield but if I click on them it says anti phishing blocked

Only way around it is to use a different search plug in like yahoo or duck duck go OR type paypal url in directly.

Just started April 1 Same as your attached link image

Only with paypal that ive noticed

Edited by FaFaPhooey

If anyone else has this problem in my case it appear to have been related to mystart.tb or something like that. I don't have the exact name. I uninstalled a program called freemake used to convert mk4 vids to just the audio mp3. It's considered safe but I guess it may have been the culprit.

I also ran malwarebytes which found that mystart thing in my firefox profile, then ran hitman pro which found a ton of tracking cookies and a 2 traces of junk in the registry but no files or anything.

I normally run self destructing cookies and better privacy add ons in firefox, or run ghostery but lately I've been trying to figure out why I've been getting so many flash crashes--a common problem--and have disabled those plugins, hence the large number of tracking cookies hitman pro found

I'm not positive what the issue was but it seems to be solved now.

It's also possible that nothing I did fixed it and kaspersky fixed their database

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.