kid9217421

Are you deliberately killing Password Manager?

Sorry folks but it is just ridiculous :dash1: :blink:

Long time user of Pure 2.0 and then 3.0. At initial release of 3.0 Password Manager (looks like foster unwanted child of Kaspersky team) had problem integrating with IE.

Issue was somewhat resolved over time and PM got in somewhat stable state.

Now...

Total PURE 3.0 is now legacy product and replaced by Total 3.0

and so fun begins

One would thought that migration should be a breeze, and for most part it was,... most but off course PM again

Who come up with bright idea it was to make Vault mandatory? Why in hell would I want all my passwords in yours "secure" vault? As an option, may be. As the only way to use it... this is just insane.

I may understand that you want to authorize PM using Kaspersky account for Premium features, but immediately force sync all passwords without big RED warning that all password information would now be uploaded into the cloud!!!

One would think company like Kaspersky Labs would understand danger of cloud storage in any form.

What if I do not want to use Vault to store anything?

Anyone can provide reasonable explanation what in the world you are doing it for?

BTW, PM does not integrate into caption area in IE 11 anymore, nor does it appear in Firefox toolbar

auto populate would work, but I no longer can choose account to use

Conspiracy theory alert: big brother wants to know all our passwords - NSA/FBI/KGB, pick one.

Edited by Kid 32423423

Please have a look in settings of Password Manager. There should be options to disable synchronization and to install browser plugins.

yes, there are settings to disable sync

- it will continue to sync, regardless - it will show "syncing message" then "sync is disabled" so it still continue to send your data elsewhere

- it is "after the fact" option - you cannot install PM without syncing first as this is not an option during activation/setup, but once product is fully activated and all your data is already in the cloud

I have plugins installed in both IE 11 and FF, yet there is no action menu in either

mentioned in another post that access to password manager context menu is now in command bar, but this option is rarely used by any user as it takes space from browsing space

why caption option was deprecated?

Please have a look in settings of Password Manager. There should be options to disable synchronization and to install browser plugins.

How can I make PM to work in any browser and not sync?

now I am getting message that my database is out of sync and PM requests to sync even though I specifically told it not to

Password Manager does not work in any browser/application at the moment. Only Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer are supported via browser extensions.

I do not think your local changes are uploaded to the cloud if sync is disabled. But I see your point that the user interface is not very clear about this. Maybe it would make sense to send your suggestions to support.

Edited by JanRei

Password Manager does not work in any browser/application at the moment. Only Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer are supported via browser extensions.

I do not think your local changes are uploaded to the cloud if sync is disabled. But I see your point that the user interface is not very clear about this. Maybe it would make sense to send your suggestions to support.

my suggestions are simple:

* revert browser integration code which worked just fine in Total Pure 3.

* make Vault option optional not mandatory, again TP3 code

until then product is pretty much useless. I can dump all my info into password protected text file and it probably would be more convenient to use

Password Manager in PURE 3.0 is a completely different product. I don't think Password Manager 8.0 will be changed to work exactly the same way, but I hope there will be further improvements in future versions.

I just spent the entire afternoon and early evening trying to get PWM 8 to work. Three times and out. This is ridiculous. Pure 3.0, which I have reverted to, works nearly flawlessly. I'm beginning to agree with my brother, who, due to his profession, has significant knowledge in security. He only uses the built-in programs from Windows, MBAM and never uses a PWM. Perhaps it's time to listen to him. Kaspersky finally got it right in Pure, and has now blown it. That how I see it, and it's incredibly disappointing. When I can't get something as simple as the logon for my ID Protection to work, you know something is very wrong with the software.

I do not think your local changes are uploaded to the cloud if sync is disabled.

Similar concern about sync here.

The problem, at least in my case, is that sync came enabled by default when I installed PWM and the interface immediately told me that my passwords were synchronized. I disabled it as soon as I became aware but by then it was too late.

I've not enabled sync previously. I had no intention of sending all of my passwords into the cloud. In spite of what is said, I simply don't trust it. Why do Kaspersky needlessly create another potential route for hackers (or others) to get at my passwords when I don't want to use sync? Now all of my passwords have been sent out into the cloud, without my permission.

I suppose I now have to start resetting my passwords on every site I use.

Aaaaargh! :angry:

e.

PURE 3.0, in my case, is temperamental, as password manager behaved completely differently. Maybe it is the case in reality. I am really looking forward to an improved version :cb_punk::rolleyes:.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for Sync, we appear to be on the same boat. Sync was already enabled by default.

But most of the issues have gone now. Cheers.

The only way forward is to keep resetting password on each site you use?

Hi Terry,

What a tempting target for hackers a server containing all the passwords of a large number of people must be. I don't want my passwords forming part of that target unnecessarily but my passwords are now out there and I don't know of any way they can be pulled back. So I shall begin to change the passwords as I use the sites. No panic but I'll update them one by one. I shouldn't have to keep resetting them though - just a one-off change. As long as I keep sync disabled, I'm hoping that my passwords won't be sent out again.

I suppose I should update my passwords periodically anyway so it shouldn't be too much of an extra imposition. Just an annoyance.

Slightly off this precise topic, I'm finding that:

1. KPM sometimes fails to fill in login details on some websites. I've seen that reported in other threads and I believe is being worked on.

2. Something I haven't noticed elsewhere, is that KPM sometimes sends the wrong credentials to websites. It pastes in credentials from entirely unrelated accounts. I've seen this happen on both my desktop and my laptop. Poor security, I think and a nuisance having to check the credentials provided each time I want to log in to an account.

I do hope Kaspersky get their software sorted out soon. It's a big disappointment at the moment.

e.

Well my experience was more of a disaster. I accepted the free upgrade from Pure 3.0 to Total Security which seemed to work fine. Then I installed a new version of Password Manager by clicking the password manager button on the new Total Security Desktop. After installing I did a synchronize and it did indeed download my password data base. I had two major issues.

First was the Password manager toolbar access link icon only was installed on Firefox. It would not install on Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 11.

Second when I opened a password manager link to a website, Password Manager would open the URL and bring up the website but it would not auto fill the username and password.

Then I deleted an entry to see if new entries would work but where Pure 3.0 would bring up the windows showing the new entry and then prompt to save it, the new password manager would not function at all.

So I spent the next two days trying to get help from tech support, finally they told me I would have to use managed services so I paid $49.99 and an hour later they gave up and just disconnected their connection. I called back and complained about the disconnect and was connected to a second more knowledgeable tech who finally told me they were working of fixing password manager. I wasted 4 days before going back to Pure 3.0 which works fine 

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.