quding, as you have already been told a couple of times, that a new heuristics module is already in development, you even created your own thread on this in the "Suggestions for current and future versions of KL products" and also it should not be to cope with Nod, it should be to be able to detect more viruses proactively which 6.0 btw already is doing with the proactive defense!

You might want to tell your beta testers over in the beta site, about this. They say it will give the same protection, because proactive tests are being done with an on demand method of scanning, and the KAV score wont go up.

I own both Nod32 and KIS6, so I feel I have the right to post anything I want here. Basically you dont want anything negative here about KIS, which is understood.

If a new Heurstics engine is being developed, thats great news. Im a big fan of being able to have viruses detected that the AV doesnt know about.

Without a doubt Nod32 and KIS6 are the best AV programs you are going to find. Right now, given the similar detection rates, im going based on performance. Nod32 checks my hard drive very quickly and has very little memory usage. The heuristics are great too, and hopefully KAV can improve on their already great AV.

I didnt mean to sound like im Anti KAV. I have it on one of my computers, and im actually pushing for it to be installed in the school district I work in. Simply put as to why I am pushing for it - We have about 4000 Pcs we need to upgrade (and i dont want norton on them) which require good anti-spyware, virus protection, and popup blocking. All of these come in KIS6. Hopefully by July 1st, there will be a stable (newer) version ready to go with all the nice features that have been added since release.

KIS 6 has some great features, thats not even an argument. And if they are going for improving the heuristic engine for a serious improvment, then I see KIS as the best choice, period.

You might want to tell your beta testers over in the beta site, about this.  They say it will give the same protection, because proactive tests are being done with an on demand method of scanning, and the KAV score wont go up.

I own both Nod32 and KIS6, so I feel I have the right to post anything I want here.  Basically you dont want anything negative here about KIS, which is understood.

If a new Heurstics engine is being developed, thats great news. Im a big fan of being able to have viruses detected that the AV doesnt know about. 

Actually not thats definitely not the case, just look around the forum after the release of 6.0!

What i do not want is this thread turning into the usual Kaspersky versus Nod type of discussion, that wouldn't fair to Nod! :P;)

But, other than that you can post about your issue's with your 6.0 and frankly, no Kaspersky user should feel less protected than with any other AV, that would be silly.

As i have posted already, this used to be seen on the AV.comparatives:

NOTE: All products detects with updated signatures/programs most of the samples used in this test (and 100% of the ITW-samples) - Please update your scanner as often as possible in order to be protected!

So as long as a user keeps his/her 6.0 updated you good and again do not forget the proactive defense which does enhance the protection greatly and even better with MP1.

Actually not thats definitely not the case, just look around the forum after the release of 6.0!

What i do not want is this thread turning into the usual Kaspersky versus Nod type of discussion, that wouldn't fair to Nod! :P  ;)

But, other than that you can post about your issue's with your 6.0 and frankly, no Kaspersky user should feel less protected than with any other AV, that would be silly.

As i have posted already, this used to be seen on the AV.comparatives:

NOTE: All products detects with updated signatures/programs most of the samples used in this test (and 100% of the ITW-samples) - Please update your scanner as often as possible in order to be protected!

So as long as a user keeps his/her 6.0 updated you good and again do not forget the proactive defense which does enhance the protection greatly and even better with MP1.

Fair enough :P I cant wait to see those tests come out with KIS6. The AV is by far very impressive. The unknown virus protection is what concerns me, and the fact that Kaspersky is working on revamping the heuristics makes me feel a little more at ease.

The only thing that annoys the sheet out of me with KIS6, is all the popups. I am not going to switch on basic protection because it disables a few options. I just wish it would remember the damn dll files so I dont get a popup with every single program I open.

Fair enough :P  I cant wait to see those tests come out with KIS6.  The AV is by far very impressive.  The unknown virus protection is what concerns me, and the fact that Kaspersky is working on revamping the heuristics makes me feel a little more at ease.

The only thing that annoys the sheet out of me with KIS6, is all the popups.  I am not going to switch on basic protection because it disables a few options.  I just wish it would remember the damn dll files so I dont get a popup with every single program I open.

Tests? Are you perhaps thinking of the one Andreas from AV comparatives was alluding to with execution instead of just the normal on-demand? I'm not sure it will happen just now, because the PDM is not quite finished with regards to what it will detect, more or less everything will be improved and the detection of ITW stuff will be better (much better), so i'm not sure he will receive the go ahead.

Btw. It's strange how you see all those alerts, when i install KIS i get 5-6 and after placing them in the trusted zone i rarely see more than a couple here & there.

Blackspear at Wilders takes it VERY SERIOUSLY!  So much so that he called me a troll for saying the test is ALMOST worthless and disabled most of my account options at Wilders.
Actually the truth of the matter is you were trolling, anyone simply reading that thread can see that. I did not disable your account, you tried to get sympathy votes by posting threads saying you had been called a troll and were packing your bags and leaving. Administrators do not accept such feat stamping and removed your thread, you then reposted and reposted again, at which point you were placed on post watch until such time as you choose to settle down and post sensibly.

You were also advised why the thread was closed: “The thread you referred to was closed due to others trolling/baiting each other: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....t=131498&page=3 not because you had continued to do so.”

As well I explained to you the very simple logic in valuing such a test: “The retrospective test is in itself the “crystal ball” of how an anti-virus will perform on a “zero day” outbreak, with such an outbreak anyone would want an antivirus to detect it heuristically instead of having to wait for a signature, this is just a given, any other answer simply is not logical.”

Why would I care what an AV would do with old sigs?  Why would I care how fast you could push a car with no gas?
Absolutely simple logic again, outbreak today 50 new and unrelated viruses/trojans, good heuristic engine detects say 70%, you are protected from 35 of the infections, signatures have to be written for the remainder. Whereas no heuristic engine or poor one and that company has to scramble to write 50 definitions as quickly as possible as their users become infected.

Quite simple really.

Ailric what do you expect on a NOD forum populated by many NOD resellers! KAV/KAV users are public enemy no. 1 and need to be shot down at every opportunity.
Yes I am a Reseller, you are well aware of that, I have helped you out previously. I don’t think your implications are just though, I have moderated fairly and at arms length. And yes, KAV will not be compared in the Vendor Support forum of NOD32, nor will Norton Ghost be compared in the Vendor Support forum of Acronis True Image, or Online Armor be compared in the Vendor Support forum of Process Guard 3… Such posts will be moved to their appropriate forum in Wilders (same site, different location), this has and will always be the case at Wilders.

So...for Blackspear...just one question?  Why do the moderators here allow users talking about KAV vs. NOD32 and you don't?
Really simple, KAV forum, KAV forum rules, even you can understand that, surely.

Who cares about heuristics when you have updates more than 12 times a day compared to 1 or 2? Ha?
Who cares about 12 times a day when only 1 or 2 are required.

And for the record, I don’t have a single issue with KAV or most anti-virus software, except 2, one is just damn useless and free, the other is well known and slows your system down, and these views have come about through experience.

I’m not here to start an argument on your forum just to address what was brought to my attention. If you want to contact me you know where I am.

Cheers :D

Blackspear.

the other is well known and slows your system down

After KAV6 has been released I don't even notice it's there, not to mention anything about slowing down the system.

You have actualy tried KAV6?

I always choose protection over speed.

You have actualy tried KAV6?
I wasn't reffering to KAV, like I stated, no issue with KAV all.

Edited by Blackspear

Actually the truth of the matter is you were trolling, anyone simply reading that thread can see that.  I did not disable your account, you tried to get sympathy votes by posting threads saying you had been called a troll and were packing your bags and leaving.  Administrators do not accept such feat stamping and removed your thread, you then reposted and reposted again, at which point you were placed on post watch until such time as you choose to settle down and post sensibly.

You were also advised why the thread was closed: “The thread you referred to was closed due to others trolling/baiting each other: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread....t=131498&page=3 not because you had continued to do so.”

As well I explained to you the very simple logic in valuing such a test: “The retrospective test is in itself the “crystal ball” of how an anti-virus will perform on a “zero day” outbreak, with such an outbreak anyone would want an antivirus to detect it heuristically instead of having to wait for a signature, this is just a given, any other answer simply is not logical.”

Absolutely simple logic again, outbreak today 50 new and unrelated viruses/trojans, good heuristic engine detects say 70%, you are protected from 35 of the infections, signatures have to be written for the remainder.  Whereas no heuristic engine or poor one and that company has to scramble to write 50 definitions as quickly as possible as their users become infected.

Quite simple really.

Yes I am a Reseller, you are well aware of that, I have helped you out previously.  I don’t think your implications are just though, I have moderated fairly and at arms length.  And yes, KAV will not be compared in the Vendor Support forum of NOD32, nor will Norton Ghost be compared in the Vendor Support forum of Acronis True Image, or Online Armor be compared in the Vendor Support forum of Process Guard 3…  Such posts will be moved to their appropriate forum in Wilders (same site, different location), this has and will always be the case at Wilders.

Really simple, KAV forum, KAV forum rules, even you can understand that, surely.

Who cares about 12 times a day when only 1 or 2 are required.

And for the record, I don’t have a single issue with KAV or most anti-virus software, except 2, one is just damn useless and free, the other is well known and slows your system down, and these views have come about through experience.

I’m not here to start an argument on your forum just to address what was brought to my attention.  If you want to contact me you know where I am.

Cheers  :D

Blackspear.

welcome blackspear

AV's with too many false positives or 'crystal balls' (who said NOD32? :lol: ) are not allowed here in Kaspersky forums :P

very sorry :)

welcome blackspear
Thank you :blink::D

AV's with too many false positives or 'crystal balls' (who said NOD32? :lol: ) are not allowed here in Kaspersky forums :P

very sorry :)

I'm not here to discuss NOD32.

Yes I am a Reseller, you are well aware of that, I have helped you out previously. I don’t think your implications are just though, I have moderated fairly and at arms length.

Blackspear, my comment was not personally aimed at you but a general comment about discussing other AV's on the NOD specific forum.

If you take a look at some of the past posts here, you will see that AV's other than KAV are similarly given short shrift! That's just a natural reaction.

Blackspear, my comment was not personally aimed at you but a general comment about discussing other AV's on the NOD specific forum.
No worries Mate :D

If you take a look at some of the past posts here, you will see that AV's other than KAV are similarly given short shrift! That's just a natural reaction.
And so they should be, at least with Wilders they have somewhere to be shifted to for further discussion.

Does this mean you will still answer my queries on the NOD forum, particularly with NOD 3 in the pipe-line?

I hope so!

Does this mean you will still answer my queries on the NOD forum, particularly with NOD 3 in the pipe-line?

I hope so!

Indeed, and with pleasure.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.