I been havin Kaspersky Internet Security for almost a year now...its worked fine the whole time Ive had it...Now all of a sudden today it has a message saying that

"Some components cannot be enabled"

Can someone please explain to me what is going on, where did this come from and how can I fix it?

look at the other topics here, ther is a problem with an update, when your KIS get the new Update in the most times it will be solved

I had the same thing this morning -- anti spam not enabled - failed to initialize.

While I was reading the boards I decided to try the Tech Support chat... while I was waiting I saw the databases stared to update.

After they updated, my anti-spam then became enabled.

The database needs to update to fix it.

Cheers!

I had the same problem yesterday when starting Thunderbird. First time this happened to me. The post by Rudger 79 explained this. But I hadn't seen that when the problem occurred. The simple solution is to open KIS and look to where it usually says "Your Computer Is Protected". In this case it was red and there is a button that asks if you want to fix it. Click on it and then just click the "fix it" button and it did. There was a window about not being able to find a file and did I want it overwritten. I just clicked on yes. It then said I need to update data bases and then the red bar turned yellow and basically said I needed to restart. That was it. In my case KIS did a repair re-install for me.

Edited by TrueGreen

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.