• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
Sign in to follow this  
bytegeek

Network Agent silent install on remote network

bytegeek   

I need to create a Network Agent silent install package for installation on a network which does not contain the administration server. (The server is co-located and serves several remote client sites.)

When I try to install a created package and the Admin server is not available, I still have to touch each machine to define the settings for the name/IPaddr of the remote admin server etc. I have remote management software in place on each machine that will run the install remotely, but it can't find the saved settings which I assume are stored in the database on the administration server.

Can anyone advise me on this? Any help will be appreciated.

phr3n1c   

Hi ByteGeek and welcome to the forum,

just copy the folder \\<servername>\KLSHARE\packages\<networkagentfolder> to the machines and start "lsexec.exe /S" without the quotes. This will install the Network Agent in silent mode with the settings configured in the Administration Kit.

bytegeek   
Hi ByteGeek and welcome to the forum,

just copy the folder \\<servername>\KLSHARE\packages\<networkagentfolder> to the machines and start "lsexec.exe /S" without the quotes. This will install the Network Agent in silent mode with the settings configured in the Administration Kit.

Thanks for your reply. It triggered another thought and I set it up as a network share. Works fine, and thanks again.

stelben   

Another option is to use Winrar and create a selfextracting archive with the lsexec.exe /s command once it't unpacked.

Then you simply distribute the exe-file, either by loginscript och link in an e-mail to the users or whatever...