Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CCD

KIS 7.0.1.325 and remote desktop- Logmein.com

8 posts in this topic

I have a problem where i am remotely connected fine to the machine but the mouse will not move only any kaspersky window.

I cannot access any kaspersky windows remotely.

I'm guessing this is some anti hacker feature that i need to turn off somewhere?

I have logged in remotely even sitting right next to the target machine and watched both screens, while on my screen the mouse appears to be on the kaspersky window on the actual machine it gets stopped on an invisible edge all around the window.

I started up a program remotely and got a kaspersky popup to ask if it was ok to run and i cant click yes add to trusted. Grrr

What setting to i need to change without leaving my machine vulnerable.

I have a problem where i am remotely connected fine to the machine but the mouse will not move only any kaspersky window.

I cannot access any kaspersky windows remotely.

I'm guessing this is some anti hacker feature that i need to turn off somewhere?

I have logged in remotely even sitting right next to the target machine and watched both screens, while on my screen the mouse appears to be on the kaspersky window on the actual machine it gets stopped on an invisible edge all around the window.

I started up a program remotely and got a kaspersky popup to ask if it was ok to run and i cant click yes add to trusted. Grrr

What setting to i need to change without leaving my machine vulnerable.

Hey ccd,

Is this Windows Remote Desktop you are using or some other program?

hello

you need to add the logmein applications (all of them) into settings>Threats and exclusions>trusted zone>trusted applications with the "do not check application activity" option enabled.

You need to add the following executables to TrustedZone with an option "Do not control application activity":

Ramaint.exe

Logmeintray.exe

Thankyou very much that did the trick. :bravo:

Thankyou very much that did the trick. :bravo:

Enjoy the product!

You need to add the following executables to TrustedZone with an option "Do not control application activity":

Ramaint.exe

Logmeintray.exe

This is also necessary with KIS 2009 (CF1 anyway) but you need to add:

LogMeIn.exe

That's the only one I had to add. Adding the other two had no effect. The LogMeInSystray.exe is just the System Tray icon anyway, it doesn't do anything else.

I discovered this while remotely accessing a PC (I wanted to enable KIS's E-Mail Notifications).

I had to use Microsoft's Remote Assistance (which you also need to Enable "Remote Desktop" in KIS for that to connect) to make the change but I had to use LogMeIn to click Allow (a Remote Assistance prompt on the recipient's PC), to Microsoft Remote Assistance before I could control the other PC.

Once Remote Assistance had control I could make the change in KIS, allowing LogMeIn to access KIS. I could then control KIS using LogMeIn. I then disconnected from Remote Assistance.

Thankfully you can use both LogMeIn and Remote Assistance at the same time (allow it's a bit iffy).

To all,

If an old topic has been resolved, and the OP is satisfied with the conclusion please do not "bump" the thread or add exta solutions...as this may lead to confusion and distrupts the answering of newer questions as they are moved down the forum pages in favour of ones that have had replies posted recently.

Cheers.