Sign in to follow this  
JeffreyIMDS

KES 11 Apps & features uninstallation

Hi,

I am currently testing KES 11 and the new KSC versions on virtual machines and I have noticed that you are unable to remove KES 11 when you are in the Apps & Features of the Settings app screen of Windows 10 the option to remove or modify are simply grayed out. You are able to uninstall the Network Agent from this screen with no issue.

When attempting to go into the standard Control Panel you are able to remove both products without any issues. I am curious if this is something that can or will be fixed or is by design? I know that Microsoft is slowly removing the standard Control Panel in place for the Settings app. Let me know, nothing serious yet.

Also the GUI refresh on KES 11 looks amazing. Great testing the product so far.

P.S: Sorry if this is the incorrect forum category.

Edited by JeffreyIMDS

Settings app behavior of KES 11 and maybe earlier versions as well?:

image.png.885333cc46b1e4ea1c2e733a029c7f25.png

You see that the Uninstall button is simply grayed out from the Settings app in Windows 10. However when wanting to uninstall it you still can from the old Control Panel. However in the Fall Creators Update at least and maybe earlier version of Windows 10 as well you are unable to quickly access the old Control Panel anymore because Microsoft is moving more and more towards the Settings App in the screenshot above. See the screenshot under here for the old Control Panel method of uninstallation.

The Network Agent does not have this issue at all. You can uninstall it from the Settings app (screenshot above) as well as the old Control Panel.

You can as far as I know you can only access the old Control Panel by searching for it in Windows. Any other method will result in getting you to the Settings app (screenshot above) and it appearing as you are unable to uninstall KES.

image.png.1e9354006d16a708e56e7e5f17124c45.png

Here the screenshot of the behavior of the Network Agent in the Settings app.

image.png

Edited by JeffreyIMDS

I am also seeing this behavior on KES 10 SP2 on my main desktop so it is something that is in older versions of KES as well.

Hello!

This issue is related to MS, not Kaspersky.

Unfortunately, we can't help with that.

You can submit request to Microsoft.

Thank you! 

It is not only up to me to resolve this as you are the supplier of the software package with more direct connections to Microsoft. For now it is not a big issue as the standard control panel is still working but this is matter of time.

Thank you for the comment.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.