Is remote management working for anyone in the free version? Just got home from installing it on my mothers machine, and it does show up in devices, but alas no management tools - I really dont wanna drive back there and check whatever it is it found.

kav_remote.png

Edited by vBDKv

Hi i really like to use the combo "kaspersky free av " and comodo fw i dont know what comodo component can be incompatible. Kasperky Free not have behavior shield, sandbox, firewall or anithing comodo haves. 

By other side because kaspersky free does not have behavior shield i like to use it alongside kaspersky antirasomware, but i dont know where to download it, and dont know how it works. I am using not heimdal security to prevent rasomware but i dont know. Can you help me? 

On 7/27/2017 at 1:08 PM, vBDKv said:

Is remote management working for anyone in the free version? Just got home from installing it on my mothers machine, and it does show up in devices, but alas no management tools - I really dont wanna drive back there and check whatever it is it found.

kav_remote.png

Not here.....

Hi i see kaspersky free is very cool i really like it I have to say i am in malwaretips forums and see some guys use it in complement whith other softwares, I think include if are 1 year trial  it a good option. I miss behavior shield but i see some ones think dont are need or are easy to sustitute. Thanks for this great software

Hi peeps,

IMHO, the free version is too limited for any serious protection.

Im observing to purchase Premium KIS or KTS.

Can someone tell me,..if I purchase a Premium version for $79.95 , would licence ,for the next year, be same? I mean, I use KIS on my laptop only, no 2nd machine.

So, If I bought KIS , or KTS now for $59.95 / $79.95 would licence for the next year be that price also?

thanks 4 your answers.

Welcome. Usually offers or discounts are available at the time of the renewal.

On 7/26/2017 at 0:18 AM, TianlanSha said:

Says it has 365 days remaining. Will it stop working after a year or what?

On 7/26/2017 at 6:51 AM, jrolson said:

Looks like it's only a 1 year trial basically...

NOT free forever.

I've concern about this and thanks @bb061224 answer

I had used KIS but expire license and now i am trying Kaspersky free. Seem free version good as well as KIS. :)

I got official replay from Kaspersky also.

"After this year license will automatically activate for another year. "

On 7/27/2017 at 2:39 AM, procc said:

I changed computer date to 2020, then Kaspersky was showing "license expired", "antivirus only giving limited protection" and etc. For it to be working again all I had to do, is to press button "Renew license", now Kaspersky again shows "366 days active license".
So I guess same thing will happen after a real year passes, unless Kaspersky will change something down the road.

Thank you so much... I have been searching for this answer for 1 hour.

I've been searching for this but haven't found a specific answer.

I have been using KAV for years. I recently discovered that Kaspersky Free exists and it seems pretty much the same thing.
Can anyone tell me what are the differences between the 2? What does KAV (not KIS) have that explains the $40 price tag compared to the free option?

Thanks in advance

Edited by richbuff
Merged.

On 9/16/2017 at 11:05 PM, nikkopt said:

I've been searching for this but haven't found a specific answer.

I have been using KAV for years. I recently discovered that Kaspersky Free exists and it seems pretty much the same thing.
Can anyone tell me what are the differences between the 2? What does KAV (not KIS) have that explains the $40 price tag compared to the free option?

Thanks in advance

There's no remote management and no system watcher component. Other than that, they are pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

26 minutes ago, vBDKv said:

There's no remote management and no system watcher component. Other than that, they are pretty much the same as far as I can tell.

Thank you.

Reading about system watcher, it does make me think twice

9 hours ago, nikkopt said:

Thank you.

Reading about system watcher, it does make me think twice

Yeah it's a pretty big security feature you're giving up on. I actually removed the free version on my mothers laptop and installed Bitdefender free instead, which does have a system watcher like component. The ui is horrible though, ugh. Microsoft is also working on something like this and will be released with the next major Windows update.

My team has analyzed Kaspersky products and published comprehensive review according to our findings. We have also covered free version of antivirus and we believe Kaspersky free antivirus also provides key features compared to other competitors. 

We have regarded Kaspersky AV, IS and TS security performance as the best compared to others and this comparison was based on Industry analyze, comparison with other similar products and customer reviews all over the world.

That's we have given the highest rating to Kaspersky review here

Though there is always the possibility that we have missed out any feature or added something outdated somewhere, so any suggestions will be welcome in this regard. 

Edited by Allena Dominus

Now I am getting requests to buy Kaspersky with an activation code.   I presume I am protected (I have a green symbol with a tick inside it).  Out of interest what am I 'missing' by now buying the paid-for version?

Please scroll below to the end of the page.
KFA is a great basic  protection , but  the paid versions are offerings more options.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.