cybercite

How to add KES 10 SP1 MR3 to my Security Center? [In progress]

I would like to upgrade my managed computers to the newly released Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 3 (10.2.5.3201).

If I get this right I have to:

* Add the installer on my Kaspersky Security Center v10.2.434 (klsrvplg.dll version is 10.2.575.0): so that KSC can send it to computers.

* Add the description for this KES version to my KSC: so that KSC knows how to manage this KES version.

* Create the "Installation package" for this KES version.

* Create a new installation task for this KES version (it seems I cannot update old, KES MR2 task).

* Create a new policy for this KES version (it seems I cannot update old, KES MR2 policy).

Is that correct?

Should I also upgrade my Kaspersky Security Center to 10.3.407.0?

Versions:

Currently, on my Kaspersky Security Center, I have the following plugins:

* Kaspersky Security Center administration agent v10.2.434

* Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Maintenance Release 1 for Windows v10.2.1.23

* Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 2 for Windows v10.2.4.674

* Kaspersky Security Center administration server v10.2.434

From the MMC, when I do "? > About Kaspersky Security Center..." I get: version 10.2.575

Here are the installed "Installation package" (in "Remote installation"), labels are as displayed on my french installation:

* Agent d'administration de Kaspersky Security Center v10.2.434

* Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 2 for Windows v10.2.4.674

* Kaspersky Security 10 for Mobile v10.0

* Serveur des périphériques mobiles iOS MDM v10.2.434

* Serveur des périphériques mobiles pour Exchange ActiveSync v10.2.434

Edited by CC-fr

Hi,

From the link you've provided you can find out that you need at least KSC 10 SP1 with patch D installed on KSC server.

Network agents should be the same version as KSC server.

All policies and tasks from KES 10 SP1 MR2 version are compatible with MR3 version.

To upgrade client machines you can just create installation package with the newest KES and run its installation above current version.

BR

But KSC does not allow me to create new installation package for KES SP1 MR3.

When I click on "Remote installations > Installation packages > View current version of Kaspersky Lab applications" I get a list containing Kaspersky Security Center 10 v10.3.407.0 but there is no button to "Download applications and create installation packages". No sign of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 3 v10.2.5.3201 here.

Should "KES SP1 MR3" appears automatically (after updates propagate I guess)? Is there a way to add it now?

Hi!

I'm in the same situation like CC-fr, with the same configuration.

If I read correctly in http://support.kaspersky.co.uk/12758#block6 :

"If the computer is managed by Kaspersky Security Center, you can confirm your acceptance using the Kaspersky Security Center console, in the Application Management node, in the Software Updates section"

I can confirm, the updates are arrived to the KSC repository (see attachement), but no acceptance in the above place, only for KES10MR1 and KES10MR2, which I already accepted.

So I can't distribute the update, I have to create an installation package with MR3 included.

I see, that there is a complete package at http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/product-updates...dpoint-security but only for English localization, and as I read MR3 don't change any user interface elements, and not depend on localization, so i thought only patching our computers would be preferable.

post-7944-1472554840_thumb.jpg

I am having the same issue. For some reason, I cannot install KES10 SP1 MR3 as a standalone package or as a task. The task hangs at 51% (copying files) and I can't seem to even get a standalone package created. I was able to create a standalone install file from the unicode kup file, but then the install was still hanging.

Please advise.

Much appreciated,

John

Hi,

Could you please confirm that installation logs were generated?

If yes, please provide us with installation log and GSI report from one of affected hosts.

Thank yoU!

Could you please confirm that installation logs were generated?

If yes, please provide us with installation log and GSI report from one of affected hosts.

There is no installation attempted: it is still unclear to me if MR3 version should appears automatically (without any action from me) on my KSC or not.

For me the solution wasn't to upgrade Kaspersky Security Center to 10.3.407. The problem was filtering Software Updates, so I didn't saw MR3 to approve.

There was a filter setup to Source:="", Update approval: ="", Not installed: >0.

If I select Source: = AO Kaspersky Lab, and clear Not installed with X at the end, then all 3 updates are visible. :blink:

post-7944-1473338696_thumb.jpg

post-7944-1473338705_thumb.jpg

There is no installation attempted: it is still unclear to me if MR3 version should appears automatically (without any action from me) on my KSC or not.

Please attach a screen shot of "Software updates".

Thank you.

Did you accept EULA for MR3?

If there is no KES10sp1mr3 in the KSC repository, you can download KES from here.

I didn't got any "prompt" for that: where should it be?

For me the solution wasn't to upgrade Kaspersky Security Center to 10.3.407. The problem was filtering Software Updates, so I didn't saw MR3 to approve.

There was a filter setup to Source:="", Update approval: ="", Not installed: >0.

If I select Source: = AO Kaspersky Lab, and clear Not installed with X at the end, then all 3 updates are visible. :blink:

That's interesting: where do you get this filter?

I cannot find it on the Administration Server's "download updates" task.

Note: On the Storage > Updates > "Application modules" update, I can see a "kes10sp1mr3.msp" file.

Please open "Advanced" in KSC console, Software updates.
I don't have any "Advanced" (button? link? tab?) on "Repositories > Updates" (sorry I previously translated "Stockages" into "Storage" but I now know that the correct english name is "Repositories").

I also don't see any "Advanced on "Kaspersky Security Center" root node.

I do have a "Advanced" section in "Kaspersky Security Center" root node > Right-click > "Properties", but there is nothing about updates: there is plugin versions, stats, shared folder, proxy settings, ...

I have not found a way myself either to create a standalone packet.

I was able to rollout MR3 by "approving" it in

> Advanced -> Application Management -> Software updates

I also found it in

> Advanced -> Repositories -> Updates -> Application modules

But it does not appear in

> Advanced -> Remote installation -> Installation packages -> View current version of Kaspersky Lab applications

So, what is the trick?

Kind regards,

Aiko

I have not found a way myself either to create a standalone packet.

I was able to rollout MR3 by "approving" it in

> Advanced -> Application Management -> Software updates

I also found it in

> Advanced -> Repositories -> Updates -> Application modules

But it does not appear in

> Advanced -> Remote installation -> Installation packages -> View current version of Kaspersky Lab applications

So, what is the trick?

Kind regards,

Aiko

Hello.

There may be a delay in updating the list of current application versions. If you need to create a standalone KES 10 MR3 package, please download the distribution from here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/kes10wks

and import it into an installation package in KSC, from which create a standalone package.

Thank you.

There may be a delay in updating the list of current application versions. If you need to create a standalone KES 10 MR3 package, please download the distribution from here:

http://support.kaspersky.com/kes10wks

and import it into an installation package in KSC, from which create a standalone package.

Thanks, I wished it was automatic :-(

Now that I have a proper KES 10 MR3 package, how can I modify my existing "MR2" install task so that it now installs the MR3: the "Properties > Settings" of that task does not allows to change the install package.

I don't have any "Advanced" (button? link? tab?) on "Repositories > Updates" (sorry I previously translated "Stockages" into "Storage" but I now know that the correct english name is "Repositories").

I also don't see any "Advanced on "Kaspersky Security Center" root node.

I do have a "Advanced" section in "Kaspersky Security Center" root node > Right-click > "Properties", but there is nothing about updates: there is plugin versions, stats, shared folder, proxy settings, ...

Please right-click on "Administration server", "View", "Configure interface".

Please attach a screen shot.

Thank you.

Please right-click on "Administration server", "View", "Configure interface".

Please attach a screen shot.

Here it is. I've right-clicked on the "Serveur d'administration - <server name>" node (then "View" and "Configure interface").

post-485593-1473679348_thumb.png

Here it is. I've right-clicked on the "Serveur d'administration - <server name>" node (then "View" and "Configure interface").

Sorry,

I guided you in new KSC version.

Are you able to find "Software updates" in your KSC version ?

Thank you.

I have what I've posted in post #12, is that you are looking for ?

No, please find software updates ( for KL products or third-party software )

You found components of AV signature databases.

Thank you.

Please confirm we can mark that topic as solved.
As I manually added the installer as advised in post #16 I cannot say if the KES10 SP1 MR3 package is coming from Kaspersky servers or from my action.

No, please find software updates ( for KL products or third-party software )

You found components of AV signature databases.

Got it: Administration Server > Application management > Software updates, see the attached screenshot.

post-485593-1473950727_thumb.png

Edited by CC-fr