Helter_Skelter

KIS v16.x or 17.x best for win 10 anniverary update

Hi,

I have not yet been offered the Windows 10 anniversary update.

On visiting the Microsoft website I was surprised that they recommend uninstalling your antivirus before doing this update

Is this good advice? I am currently using KIS 16.0.1.445(e) & it is working fine.

I understand that KIS v17.x is available.

What is the best thing to do to get a smooth transition to Windows 10 anniversary & KIS?

Advice Appreciated

Helter_Skelter

You do not need to uninstall KIS 16.0.1.445 (e) to upgrade Windows 10 anniversary. But Kaspersky 2017 is not good compatible with Windows 10 anniversary.

You do not need to uninstall KIS 16.0.1.445 (e) to upgrade Windows 10 anniversary. But Kaspersky 2017 is not good compatible with Windows 10 anniversary.

Kaspersky 2017 not fully compatible with Windows 10 Anniversary Update, but work on it. Also, this version has a limitations. For more information, please open our support page on support.kaspersky.com/us/12848

Hi,

same question as above, but for KAV 17.0.0.611b. Is 16.x or 17.x the best version to have pre-update to

Win 10 Anniversary update?

advice appreciated

Helter_Skelter

Hi,

same question as above, but for KAV 17.0.0.611b. Is 16.x or 17.x the best version to have pre-update to

Win 10 Anniversary update?

advice appreciated

Helter_Skelter

Since patch B has been released for 2017, it's the best version to to have for 10RS1.

I'm a bit thick as the update information from KIS 16 to 17 seems to suggest removing 16 first, is this so?

Not got the Anniversary invite either but does kis 17.0.0.611en_10780.exe contain patch B?

Thanks in advance.

It's best to uninstall the previous version keeping only activation data. Patch B will be downloaded on first database update, and installed after a reboot.

I'm a bit thick as the update information from KIS 16 to 17 seems to suggest removing 16 first, is this so?

Not got the Anniversary invite either but does kis 17.0.0.611en_10780.exe contain patch B?

Thanks in advance.

In addition to what the others have said, many are staying with 2016 because of the limitations of 2017 with Win 10 AU, particularly with 64 bit systems.

Although patch b has been released for 2017, it's still at MR0, and 2016 is at MR1, and also up to patch e.

Your decision of course, but as 2016 is pretty well sorted, I'll stay with that probably until 2017 reaches MR1. :)

In addition to what the others have said, many are staying with 2016 because of the limitations of 2017 with Win 10 AU, particularly with 64 bit systems.

Although patch b has been released for 2017, it's still at MR0, and 2016 is at MR1, and also up to patch e.

Your decision of course, but as 2016 is pretty well sorted, I'll stay with that probably until 2017 reaches MR1. :)

I have also Windows update redstone, 64bit processor, and KIS 2016 (e) but I would know what is the difference between MRO and MR1?

I have also Windows update redstone, 64bit processor, and KIS 2016 (e) but I would know what is the difference between MRO and MR1?

Hi, Mary7. As best I can describe it, MR0 is the first public release of the final stable version, whereas MR1 is the next updated version of the product.

There will be patches issued for each version, fixing various bugs/issues.

If I'm wrong in this assessment, I'm sure someone more cluey will correct me ! :D

That is correct, also in every new MR some bugs are fixed as well as new functionality can be added.

gracias mi amigo :bt:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.