Integrated Camera blocked on Windows 10

sudeep
Go to solution Solved by murat5038,

my integrated camera in Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. Not able to use zoom/skype video calls.

Below is error message i am getting from Camera App. Also find other screenshots next to it.

Device Manager, shows camera as disabled. After enabling it, it restarts the machine, then also nothing happen. I get notification, see screeenshot at the bottom.

Privacy Settings → Camera

Sometime I have seen below notification, not sure what “Symantec Endpoint Encryption” has to do here?

Special Note: I started using kaspersky for last 1-2 months, I am sure it is about Antivirus and recent updates. I need your help to figure this out. I have taken pain to collect all the evidences to help others to help me. Hence DONT JUMP to close this thread.

My integrated camera in Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. Not able to use zoom/skype video calls.

Below is error message i am getting from Camera App. Also find other screenshots next to it.

Device Manager, shows camera as disabled. After enabling it, it restarts the machine, then also nothing happen. I get notification, see screeenshot at the bottom.

Privacy Settings → Camera

Sometime I have seen below notification, not sure what “Symantec Endpoint Encryption” has to do here?

• Like 1

#1 Kaspersky version:

#2 I bought it directly from Dell, it is a Vostro series (for personal buisiness, it is how they brand it), and came up with symantec product installed. Which was free for 1st year. Recenty I bought Kaspersky antivirus, i believe during installation it unintsalled existing antivirus, I saw that step.

• Like 1

@Schulte I am stuck at “ Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection “ it is asking for password, which I don’t have.

And I realized one thing, your earlier point may be right about this laptop being from company.

Here is what has happned. I bought this laptop from Dell directly, but later to access company’s email on this laptop, I added microsoft account (company provided) on this laptop. It seems company has got extra control over my laptop, and they might have pushed this Symantec Endpoint Encryption. And it seems I can’t do anything this tool now.

I removed company provided microsoft account, it is not helping anyway.

• Solution

About 2nd link where it says to control access to webcam, i dont see option for that under protection. Adding screenshot.

I thought of it as IS because you haven't shared any data clearly showing that the AV software you are using is Anti-virus or IS. Since Kaspersky does not interact with the AV camera, Symantec blocks it, you need to uninstall it.

Looks like it can be removed with Cleanwipe. Note that you need to do these actions after logging out of the domain and corporate network, MS accounts.

@Berny@murat5038 Thanks.

Finally I was able to remove Symantec Enpoint Protection using CleanWipe.

Only catch here is, if you want download CleanWipe from broadcom.com you need to register and need to have site id, which they provide before to their corporate customers. I didn’t have it.

So, I downloaded it from techspot.com, it worked as well.

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4290-symantec-removal-tool.html

Thanks all for contributing on resolution of this issue.

• 3 years later...

👍 This blog post was incredibly helpful for me! I've been struggling with my integrated camera being blocked on Windows 10, and the tips provided here have been a lifesaver. 📷💻 The step-by-step instructions were easy to follow, and I appreciate the detailed explanations. Now, I can finally use my camera again without any issues. Thanks for sharing this valuable information! 🙌