dmack

KES 10 hangs in installing drivers [Solved]

I have a single workstation that is part of a domain that refuses to successfully install KES 10 MR2. I have tried pushing the application out through the administration server and installing it by copying the package files directly to the workstation. The Administration server says the installation could not be completed because of a fatal error. The local installation attempt simply hangs on "Installing Drivers" and breaks the network connection on the machine until I restart it.

I have run a check disk on the machine, ran SFC and found no issues, made sure that there wasn't any malware on the machine that might be blocking installation, and I ran the KAV Removal tool to ensure there were no left over pieces of an old installation that might be causing problems.

I have attached the installation logs from the latest install attempt if someone could provide me with some assistance in figuring out what the problem is.

kl_logs.zip

I have a single workstation that is part of a domain that refuses to successfully install KES 10 MR2. I have tried pushing the application out through the administration server and installing it by copying the package files directly to the workstation. The Administration server says the installation could not be completed because of a fatal error. The local installation attempt simply hangs on "Installing Drivers" and breaks the network connection on the machine until I restart it.

I have run a check disk on the machine, ran SFC and found no issues, made sure that there wasn't any malware on the machine that might be blocking installation, and I ran the KAV Removal tool to ensure there were no left over pieces of an old installation that might be causing problems.

I have attached the installation logs from the latest install attempt if someone could provide me with some assistance in figuring out what the problem is.

Hello.

Please also provide a GSI report from that host.

Does only one computer show a behavior like this?

Thank you.

Please uninstall EMBASSY Security Center.

Thank you.

There was no listing for that software in Add/Remove Programs. I searched the drive and registry and cleaned out any reference to the Embassy Security Center and after a reboot of the machine I was able to get Kaspersky installed, thanks!

There was no listing for that software in Add/Remove Programs. I searched the drive and registry and cleaned out any reference to the Embassy Security Center and after a reboot of the machine I was able to get Kaspersky installed, thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for information! We marked this topic as solved.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.