SAJFLAD

Is it possible to exit kis on a mobile?

Greetings

Purchased a KTS 3 user multi device licence a couple of days ago and am using KTS2016 on my pc, and as of yesterday, am using kis (from google play store) on my android mobile.

Have been using my mobile for a year, and connecting to wifi without issue. However, as of today, now kis is installed on mobile, am experiencing issues. Before I get into details about the issue, I wanted to know if it is possible to 'exit' kis on my mobile, as can do with kasp product on pc, rather than having to uninstall whole program, just to see if really is a kasp security product problem on my mob (I hope can exit it without uninstalling, just for ease).

Regards

Edited by totallybaffled

Greetings

Purchased a KTS 3 user multi device licence a couple of days ago and am using KTS2016 on my pc, and as of yesterday, am using kis (from google play store) on my android mobile.

Have been using my mobile for a year, and connecting to wifi without issue. However, as of today, now kis is installed on mobile, am experiencing issues. Before I get into details about the issue, I wanted to know if it is possible to 'exit' kis on my mobile, as can do with kasp product on pc, rather than having to uninstall whole program, just to see if really is a kasp security product problem on my mob (I hope can exit it without uninstalling, just for ease).

Regards

Hi,

Please check an set your advanced "wifi proxy setting" to "none" and IP Setting to "DHCP".

:supercool:

Hi,

Please check an set your advanced "wifi proxy setting" to "none" and IP Setting to "DHCP".

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I hadn't got into the problem I was having yet, but your reply suggests I'm having a known issue, because I am indeed having proxy issues since installing/running premium kis on android.

My 'phone is a Vodafone V985N - 2BVDGB2 and periodically I get my wifi internet connection blocked, during which time when using google chrome, chrome says something about chrome can't connect to internet because of proxy issues, or when using android browser, an overlay box also states something about proxy.

As per your reply, on my mob I went into settings > wifi > advanced, there is no entry regarding proxy settings, and no option to change IP setting.

Oddly, when the problem occurs, if I restart the phone I can connect via wifi no problem but then the blockage comes back again periodically/intermittently.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to uninstall kis on my mob given I've just purchased KTS 3 user multi device licence specifically so I can use it on my mob as well as pc.

Thanks.

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I hadn't got into the problem I was having yet, but your reply suggests I'm having a known issue, because I am indeed having proxy issues since installing/running premium kis on android.

My 'phone is a Vodafone V985N - 2BVDGB2 and periodically I get my wifi internet connection blocked, during which time when using google chrome, chrome says something about chrome can't connect to internet because of proxy issues, or when using android browser, an overlay box also states something about proxy.

As per your reply, on my mob I went into settings > wifi > advanced, there is no entry regarding proxy settings, and no option to change IP setting.

Oddly, when the problem occurs, if I restart the phone I can connect via wifi no problem but then the blockage comes back again periodically/intermittently.

Any ideas? I don't want to have to uninstall kis on my mob given I've just purchased KTS 3 user multi device licence specifically so I can use it on my mob as well as pc.

Thanks.

Hi,

Okay sometimes "web protection on phones can have a bug also" disable "web protection" for few days an see if that is causing your issue.

As for "proxy settings" it's there what you do is "hold pressure on wifi button" and a "pop up" says "modify netwkork configuration"

your proxy setting is in there.

Hi,

Okay sometimes "web protection on phones can have a bug also" disable "web protection" for few days an see if that is causing your issue.

As for "proxy settings" it's there what you do is "hold pressure on wifi button" and a "pop up" says "modify netwkork configuration"

your proxy setting is in there.

Thanks for your help kojo+oi, you've directed me perfectly to where those settings are, so I'll give it a go for a few days and see how it goes.

Regards