globalbaco

Endpoint 10 causing wireless adapter to hang [In progress]

I am having an issue with my wireless adapter randomly hanging a few times a week. After some troubleshooting I have narrowed it issue down to Kaspersky Endpoint 10.

Symptoms:

- Laptop drops wifi connection

- Windows network tray icon changes to disconnected

- Windows network tray icon completely unresponsive

- 'Network connections' area within the Control Panel is unresponsive and hangs Windows explorer

Resolution:

Killed Kaspersky Endpoint, wireless immediately reconnects and all network configuration areas are responsive again.

Device Control is enabled via policy, however we are only blocking removable drives not Wi-Fi. Network attack blocker is DISABLED.

Network Agent: 10.1.249

Endpoint version: 10.2.1.23

Network Adapter: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by globalbaco

I am having an issue with my wireless adapter randomly hanging a few times a week. After some troubleshooting I have narrowed it issue down to Kaspersky Endpoint 10.

Symptoms:

[*]Laptop drops wifi connection

[*]Windows network tray icon changes to disconnected

[*]Windows network tray icon completely unresponsive

[*]'Network connections' area within the Control Panel is unresponsive and hangs Windows explorer

Resolution:

Killed Kaspersky Endpoint, wireless immediately reconnects and all network configuration areas are responsive again.

Device Control is enabled via policy, however we are only blocking removable drives not Wi-Fi. Network attack blocker is DISABLED.

Network Agent: 10.1.249

Endpoint version: 10.2.1.23

Network Adapter: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Hello.

Please clarify, if instead of stopping KES completely you disable the components one by one once the problem arises, can you narrow it down to a certain component, the mentioned Device Control maybe?

Hello.

Please clarify, if instead of stopping KES completely you disable the components one by one once the problem arises, can you narrow it down to a certain component, the mentioned Device Control maybe?

Hello. I needed to stop KES completely. This is because individual components are locked down via policy, and while the issue is occurring communication with Security Center is lost so I cannot kill individual components remotely.

I see your point though, so I will create a custom policy for this machine where I can disable components locally next time this occurs.

Hello. I needed to stop KES completely. This is because individual components are locked down via policy, and while the issue is occurring communication with Security Center is lost so I cannot kill individual components remotely.

I see your point though, so I will create a custom policy for this machine where I can disable components locally next time this occurs.

You can also assign a password for actions like disabling the policy locally instead of moving the host over to be managed by a different policy.

Hello, okay?

I do not know if the problem can be embedded here, but come on. I am having the following problem ... sometimes, the wireless connection drops and can not find any more connection in the panel it shows nothing, only after disabling endpoint is she back to recognize connections. Can tell me what can this be? thanks for the help.

Note: I regret any clerical error. Sorry.

Hello, okay?

I do not know if the problem can be embedded here, but come on. I am having the following problem ... sometimes, the wireless connection drops and can not find any more connection in the panel it shows nothing, only after disabling endpoint is she back to recognize connections. Can tell me what can this be? thanks for the help.

Note: I regret any clerical error. Sorry.

Hi,

Does disabling of any particular protection components of the product resolve the issue in your case?

Thank You!

I can only test it tomorrow. But if it does not work any of the alternatives mentioned, do you have another idea to test?

Thanks for your help.

I can only test it tomorrow. But if it does not work any of the alternatives mentioned, do you have another idea to test?

Thanks for your help.

Hello.

Disabling the components one by one is merely a diagnostic mearuse.

It might help localize the issue and help us move from there.

Thank you.