Sign in to follow this  
FaFaPhooey

PWM/Firefox addons for Firefox and Chrome are incompatible.

Is there an update ( c ) released for the addon for firefox and Chrome users?

Edited by FaFaPhooey

It's planned on October, 13

You are joking, right? This HAS to be a joke. :ai: :ai:

The autopatches are timed for a fix (or various fixes) that are more important than browser add-ons. True statement. Richbuff is not making this up.

Rodion supplied a specific date, in reply to a "When?" question.

If you don't like that specific answer that was given in reply to a "When?" question, then please substitute this universally correct answer: "When it is ready."

For example:

Q. "When?"

A. "When it is ready."

----------------

Sorry, an error occurred. The board has enabled "When...?" flood control. Please try posting non-"When...?" content.

The license renewal is timed about two months from now. Not going to happen. True statement. Marvolo is not making this up.

Marvolo supplied you with money, in exchange to a specific set of services (PURE).

If you don't want your customers jumping ship, then don't treat them like idiots.

It's planned on October, 13

Regardless of the ridiculus frustration generated everytime a user posts a "when" question , I ask any KL representative reading this post :

Do you really think it is normal, for a supposedly high tech company like KL, to tell users to wait weeks and now months for a patch for the password manager in Pure, and furthermore with an attitude that shows that you figure that it is absolutely normal. Like it has been said plenty of times on many KL user forums, people pay good money for your software and we are entitled to get a fully functional program for the duration of the licence, not only from time to time.

Like Marvolo said, your customers are not idiots ... and I too am considering opting out.

KL people do your job and do it fast for a change ... before it is too late ... good reputations take years to build, don't jeopardize your's.

Regardless of the ridiculus frustration generated everytime a user posts a "when" question , I ask any KL representative reading this post :

Do you really think it is normal, for a supposedly high tech company like KL, to tell users to wait weeks and now months for a patch for the password manager in Pure, and furthermore with an attitude that shows that you figure that it is absolutely normal. Like it has been said plenty of times on many KL user forums, people pay good money for your software and we are entitled to get a fully functional program for the duration of the licence, not only from time to time.

Like Marvolo said, your customers are not idiots ... and I too am considering opting out.

KL people do your job and do it fast for a change ... before it is too late ... good reputations take years to build, don't jeopardize your's.

First of all a customer can ask a browser developers why do they release a new version without any visible changes monthly... E.g. why did Mozilla release 19 versions during 2 years? But, unfortunately there are some more critical bugs than add-ons compatibility in our programs. I guess it'll be more unpleasantly for anyone if his application isn't updated... Or if it takes a lot of CPU resources... Or it crashes because of incorrect MS update released... Anyway add-ons are compatible with the latest versions of IE that is installed on each PC, and a customer can use it while new patch is tested.

Anyway, do you want to get an untested patch for our application? Anti-virus is a complicated application that cooperates with your OS. If some untested functions will work improperly you can loose your OS at all. That is a reason why we take more time to qualitatively test each patch for each product. We'll never release a new patch monthly, as browser developers do, because we care about our customers' OSs and devices.

Thanks a lot for your opinion but just think what do you want more: untested patch and broken OS right now or qualitative and safe patch after a month? I suppose you prefer the second option.

First of all a customer can ask a browser developers why do they release a new version without any visible changes monthly... E.g. why did Mozilla release 19 versions during 2 years? But, unfortunately there are some more critical bugs than add-ons compatibility in our programs. I guess it'll be more unpleasantly for anyone if his application isn't updated... Or if it takes a lot of CPU resources... Or it crashes because of incorrect MS update released... Anyway add-ons are compatible with the latest versions of IE that is installed on each PC, and a customer can use it while new patch is tested.

Anyway, do you want to get an untested patch for our application? Anti-virus is a complicated application that cooperates with your OS. If some untested functions will work improperly you can loose your OS at all. That is a reason why we take more time to qualitatively test each patch for each product. We'll never release a new patch monthly, as browser developers do, because we care about our customers' OSs and devices.

Thanks a lot for your opinion but just think what do you want more: untested patch and broken OS right now or qualitative and safe patch after a month? I suppose you prefer the second option.

You are simply avoiding the problem, which is, in my opinion, KL unwillingness to really put adequate resources to make the necessary corrections to the program. How do you explain that the original program, Sticky Password, is always updated within a fraction of the time it takes KL to do the same.

If KL cannot successfully integrate that password manager to its Pure program, well just let it go and stop selling a program that does not work properly.

Two words : respect and integrity. Add them to KL's dictionary.

You are simply avoiding the problem, which is, in my opinion, KL unwillingness to really put adequate resources to make the necessary corrections to the program. How do you explain that the original program, Sticky Password, is always updated within a fraction of the time it takes KL to do the same.

If KL cannot successfully integrate that password manager to its Pure program, well just let it go and stop selling a program that does not work properly.

Two words : respect and integrity. Add them to KL's dictionary.

Sticky Password is only a password manager? Ok, will you satisfied is PURE will be firstly a password manager and just afterall a reliable antivirus? I don't think so. I think our customers purchase a defence first of all. Am I wrong?

Sticky Password is only a password manager? Ok, will you satisfied is PURE will be firstly a password manager and just afterall a reliable antivirus? I don't think so. I think our customers purchase a defence first of all. Am I wrong?

KL is selling a product ( Pure) which is only partly functional ... that is called misrepresentation and plain theft.

OK, lets end this right away ... a vegetable would definitely be more receptive and customer oriented.

And you can ban me if you want, I'm leaving anyway ... Adios Kaspersky !

One former idiot KL customer.

I don't believe what i am reading...

How KL moderators can justify themselves like that.

Everyone has to do his job, and obviously Kaspersky does'nt. The password manager is not operational most of the time with firefox, this is not acceptable by customers, and kaspersky technical justifications are not customers problems.

WE PAY FOR A SERVICE, YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE YOU SOLD US.

I am consterned to have to explain this to Kasperky's staff, I think you must have lost your common commercial sense.

According to our EULA you accepted:

7.7. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE RIGHTHOLDER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AND GIVES NO WARRANTY AS TO ITS USE OR PERFORMANCE. EXCEPT FOR ANY WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION OR TERM THE EXTENT TO WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE RIGHTHOLDER AND ITS PARTNERS MAKE NO WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION, OR TERM (EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE) AS TO ANY MATTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, INTEGRATION, OR APPLICABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ASSUME ALL FAULTS, AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO PERFORMANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELECTING THE SOFTWARE TO ACHIEVE YOUR INTENDED RESULTS, AND FOR THE INSTALLATION OF, USE OF, AND RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE SOFTWARE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS, THE RIGHTHOLDER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AND GIVES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER FAILURES OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET ANY OR ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS WHETHER OR NOT DISCLOSED TO THE RIGHTHOLDER.

Yes, we're trying to upgrade our applications as soon as possible but I once again want you to pay attention for a quality of updates. We can release untested patches every week, but we'll never do so. Patch should fix bugs but not create new ones.

There will no extra information for this topic. The topic is closed.

Thanks for a discussion.

Safe money is incompatible with firefox 23.0.1

is there any update?

Patch C is scheduled for October, 13, Until then NO.

I just bought PURE 3.0 today at Best Buy and it was probably on sale for a reason! :rolleyes: I have Firefox 24 and after I did the install today after getting back from the store it said that all of the features/plug-ins etc etc were incompatible with Firefox 24....

I still have a Dell Dimension 4500 with Windows XP. Yes I have a dinosaur but the PURE 3.0 should still work as the box matches the specs on my PC.

What do I do? Return the PURE 3.0 to Best Buy? Or hold on waiting for a patch to appear online SOON?

I went to the Firefox site to post my question but I was put in password reset circular hell. :dash1: :dash1: :dash1:

Thanks in advance. Imaginary virtual latte for whomever can provide me with a solution fast!

Edited by reneerose

What is going on here? Kaspersky advertises that it has a "Safe Money" application that works with Firefox, but it never does work with Firefox because Kaspersky doesn't keep its software up to date.

1. What's the point of promising an update next week that works with Firefox 23 when we are already up to Firefox 24?

2. Where is Kaspersky's credibility in keeping up to date with viruses, when it can't even keep up to date with Firefox?

I intend these to be really serious questions about Kaspersky's seriousness and commitement.

edit: merged. Please see quote below:

According to our EULA you accepted:

7.7. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE RIGHTHOLDER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AND GIVES NO WARRANTY AS TO ITS USE OR PERFORMANCE. EXCEPT FOR ANY WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION OR TERM THE EXTENT TO WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE RIGHTHOLDER AND ITS PARTNERS MAKE NO WARRANTY, CONDITION, REPRESENTATION, OR TERM (EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, WHETHER BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW, CUSTOM, USAGE OR OTHERWISE) AS TO ANY MATTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, INTEGRATION, OR APPLICABILITY FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU ASSUME ALL FAULTS, AND THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO PERFORMANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR SELECTING THE SOFTWARE TO ACHIEVE YOUR INTENDED RESULTS, AND FOR THE INSTALLATION OF, USE OF, AND RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE SOFTWARE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS, THE RIGHTHOLDER MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AND GIVES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER FAILURES OR THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET ANY OR ALL OF YOUR REQUIREMENTS WHETHER OR NOT DISCLOSED TO THE RIGHTHOLDER.

Yes, we're trying to upgrade our applications as soon as possible but I once again want you to pay attention for a quality of updates. We can release untested patches every week, but we'll never do so. Patch should fix bugs but not create new ones.

There will no extra information for this topic. The topic is closed.

Thanks for a discussion.

Edited by richbuff

Hi everyone.

There is a method to update the Add-ons after Firefox update (to version 26)?

The "traditional" method doesn't work

Thank you in advance...

edit: del unsupported modification.

Edited by richbuff

I have Kaspersky Pure. I use Firefox. Two days ago I had to upgrade to Firefox 26.

After upgrading to Firefox 26 I cannot use Safe Money, virtual keyboard, the dangerous website blocker add on and URL adviser. They are all disabled now. Firefox states they are not compatible with Firefox 26.0.

What is Kaspersky doing to correct the incompatibility with Firefox 26?

Thank you, Jim

I have just purchase Kaspersky Pure 3.0 , and install it.

the software did install a several addons to firefox ... however, they are not compatible with firefox 26.x.

When will Kaspersky going to update them?

Please advise.

Regards -

:bt:

I have just purchase Kaspersky Pure 3.0 , and install it.

the software did install a several addons to firefox ... however, they are not compatible with firefox 26.x.

When will Kaspersky going to update them?

Please advise.

Regards -

:unsure:

hi

FireFox v26 And Google Chrome 32 Add-Ons Disabled

Dont Enable Button

They are all disabled now. Firefox states they are not compatible with Firefox 26.0 and Google Chrome 32

Kaspersky PURE 3.0 -13.0.2.558abcdEN_5352

Please help Me.

post-502037-1391148747_thumb.jpg

post-502037-1391148766_thumb.jpg