I upgraded from Pure 2 to Pure 3 and since install I have been getting the following error:

spCapBtn.dll: MM Operation after uninstall

"FastMM has detected a FreeMem call after FastMM was uninstalled"[/b]

When I click OK I get this:

Error

"Runtime error 204 at 02F5B673"[/b]

Error does not seem to appear when Pure 3 is disabled.

System: Windows 7 Home premium SP1, 64 bit, Intel Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.5 GHz, 12 GB Ram

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Hi,

Same problem, in my case it happens only when I open System Mechanic. If I close Pure, System Mechanic opens without the pop-up error message.

And no, I haven't bothered to contact tech support on this problem either ...

Hi,

Same problem, in my case it happens only when I open System Mechanic. If I close Pure, System Mechanic opens without the pop-up error message.

And no, I haven't bothered to contact tech support on this problem either ...

Yes I have system mechanic too, THere must be file conflict. I did contact tech support but have not received any news yet. ( I sent it Yesterday ). I will report back here and let you guys know what they say.

Yes I have system mechanic too, THere must be file conflict. I did contact tech support but have not received any news yet. ( I sent it Yesterday ). I will report back here and let you guys know what they say.

I contacted System Mechanic support a few weeks ago and even without knowing that I had Pure installed, they did confirm that it was a Kaspersky Pure related issue, but they did not have a solution. I did not insist, as their customer support rivals KL's in terms of weakness ...

Hi there, please try next:

1. Open Pure's Password Manager's Settings - Ignored applications.

2. Navigate to IOLO folders (C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo) and exclude all executables from both System Mechanic Professional (and subfolders) and Common\Lib.

3. Exclude C:\Windows\system32\regsvr32.exe

Reboot computer and look for problem resolution.

Please confirm that it helped or not.

Thanks!

2. Navigate to IOLO folders (C:\Program Files (x86)\iolo) and exclude all executables from both System Mechanic Professional (and subfolders) and Common\Lib.

Thanks!

Hi Venze,

Guess what, your solution did work on my computer and the FastMM error message is gone when I start System Mechanic ! Thank you !

Will you be the person that will prove me, and many other users, wrong about KL Tech Support's apparent lack of efficiency ?

Even though I really don't understand how Password Manager comes to interfere with a program like System Mechanic, I thank you again and I sure hope that the other Password Manager problems will also be settled soon.

Good work !

Edited by liberte50

Hi Venze,

Guess what, your solution did work on my computer and the FastMM error message is gone when I start System Mechanic ! Thank you !

Nice to hear that! Thank you.

Even though I really don't understand how Password Manager comes to interfere with a program like System Mechanic, I thank you again and I sure hope that the other Password Manager problems will also be settled soon.

It looks like PM trying to inject itself into SM process and it fails due to unknown reason (maybe some inner SM's Self-Defense or so, need to investigate). We are also going to release a patch for Pure soon to improve overall stability of the program; it should also affect PM.

Will you be the person that will prove me, and many other users, wrong about KL Tech Support's apparent lack of efficiency ?

That's for you to decide .)

Thanks!

Hello,

I have the same problem with the 'FastMM has detected a FreeMem call...' and also the 'Runtime error 204 at...' error message, each time I close a tab in IE, Firefox, and also with System Mechanic.

I have followed the instructions above, SEVERAL TIMES, and it seems to work once or twice, then reverts to giving the error messages.

...NOW WHAT??

http://forum.kaspersky.com/style_emoticons/default/dash1.gif

Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system

and which also may identify issue area, instructions see the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Hello,

I have the same problem with the 'FastMM has detected a FreeMem call...' and also the 'Runtime error 204 at...' error message, each time I close a tab in IE, Firefox, and also with System Mechanic.

I have followed the instructions above, SEVERAL TIMES, and it seems to work once or twice, then reverts to giving the error messages.

...NOW WHAT??

http://forum.kaspersky.com/style_emoticons/default/dash1.gif

Hi again.

Since last Sunday, 10/06/2013, when I posted the above, those error messages actually did stop showing up.

However, today, they are back, and when I click on the first 'Close' button, a second and similar pair of error messages appears, so for each tab I close, I have to click 2, 4, or even 6 error messages.

I really want to continue using Kaspersky Password Manager, so PLEASE come up with a solution, and PLEASE answer my posts about this!

Thanks.

Hi again.

Since last Sunday, 10/06/2013, when I posted the above, those error messages actually did stop showing up.

However, today, they are back, and when I click on the first 'Close' button, a second and similar pair of error messages appears, so for each tab I close, I have to click 2, 4, or even 6 error messages.

I really want to continue using Kaspersky Password Manager, so PLEASE come up with a solution, and PLEASE answer my posts about this!

Thanks.

"Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system

and which also may identify issue area, instructions see the fifth (5th) Important topic."

Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system

and which also may identify issue area, instructions see the fifth (5th) Important topic.

"Please create gsi sysinfo text and post link to GSI Report which will provide a wee tiny smidgen of information about your Kaspersky product and operating system

and which also may identify issue area, instructions see the fifth (5th) Important topic."

I hope I have done this correctly. I used the 'GetSystemInfo' ver. 4.1

Thank you for the speedy reply!

okay... when I tried uploading the sysinfo.txt file I'm told that my file is too large. It is 1.27 MB, and there is a limit of 300k.

So, now what do I do?

Wow. That's a lot of Adobe products. Good thing they are legal. :)

Anyway, you have browser junk that may possibly be a complicating factor.

Uninstall any recently installed junk.

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions in all of your browsers.

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers.

If still no go after that, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

1. Description of the issue.

2. Screenshot of error

3. GSI

Wow. That's a lot of Adobe products. Good thing they are legal. :)

Anyway, you have browser junk that may possibly be a complicating factor.

Uninstall any recently installed junk.

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions in all of your browsers.

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers.

If still no go after that, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

2. Screenshot of error

3. GSI

Yeah, I used to do a lot of website building and maintenance, so Adobe was the programming of choice.

I will try to get rid of all the 'junk' stuff you mention. I have about 8 different browsers installed, but now only use IE 10 and Firefox 24, so I will uninstall all the other browsers, and the toolbars, etc. that go with them.

Thank you for all your patience, understanding and help. It is much appreciated, Rich.

Warmest Regards,

Bob

Hi Rich,

Well, I've uninstalled everything that looks like 'junk' to no avail. I'm still getting those error messages, and I just found another program that seems to cause it, too.

So it looks like I'll have to uninstall Password Manager after all to get rid of this problem.

I don't want to, but spending my time clicking on error messages all day long just isn't fun any more.

...unless, of course, Kaspersky has come up with a working solution.

Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.

Bob

I bought Kaspersky Internet Security Multiple Devices when I purchased my new Laptop. I was Running McAfee On my other laptop but was
told Kaspersky was so much better. So I purchased it. I removed McAfee from my other laptop(still had a year left on subscription) and installed Kaspersky.
Since the installation of K.I.S.(Multi) I have had nothing but problems.

#1, on my other laptop (dell inspiron) Kaspersky said I had malware "splatest.exe", but was unable to disinfect or remove the problem.
The computer had to be reset to factory in order to solve the problem. That process caused me to lose nearly a day. That time should be going to my college
studies, as I am currently enrolled in 36 credit hours majoring in Psychology. (The reason I bought all new computer, and network hardware, as well as extreme
internet package)

#2 After uninstalling McAfee AGAIN on the Dell, I reinstalled Kaspersky. I was told that Kaspersky was a much superior product and I would be thankful. I have yet
to be able to Connect all 3 of my devices with my account in Kaspersky, DESPITE renewing license, reinstalling KIS software and updates, and eventually
deleting my Kaspersky account and starting all over. Still no freaking fix.

#3 Now this..."fast MM has detected a Free Mem call after a FastMM was blah blah blah." And lets not forget the "runtime error box that pops up nearly every 10 minutes
ON TOP of all other programs. If I wanted to spend hours each day messing with computer software, I would be pursuing a degree in I.T.
Then Kaspersky has the audacity to ask me" What steps have you taken thus far to correct the problem?" NONE. I GAVE YOU MY MONEY FOR A WORKING
EFFECTIVE PRODUCT.
It is NOT MY JOB to address problems with YOUR SOFTWARE. I paid for what was supposed to be industry leading A.V. And Internet Security Software.
I am so angry. Fix the problem, and make it right with me Kaspersky.

Welcome. Please try what is quoted below:

Thanks!

Quote: "Hi there, please try next:

Thanks!"

Any better after that? If still no go, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

2. Screenshot, as needed.

3. GSI

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.