Sign in to follow this  
Cobbetts

Vulnerability scan finds apps that aren't installed

I'm testing Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8.1.0.646 before a big rollout (to 600 + desktops/laptops - big for me, anyway!).

One of my test desktops is reporting software vulnerabilities in applications that aren't installed on it.

I'm seeing a report of SA45397 in FlexNet Publisher 11.x and of SA37563 in Adobe Illustrator CS4 14.x

Neither of these applications is installed at all.

The computer also now shows up as being in the Warning status with the status description being "There are unprocessed objects".

How can I identify what is causing these incorrect reports of applications that aren't installed, and resolve the status back to OK?

I'm testing Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8.1.0.646 before a big rollout (to 600 + desktops/laptops - big for me, anyway!).

One of my test desktops is reporting software vulnerabilities in applications that aren't installed on it.

I'm seeing a report of SA45397 in FlexNet Publisher 11.x and of SA37563 in Adobe Illustrator CS4 14.x

Neither of these applications is installed at all.

The computer also now shows up as being in the Warning status with the status description being "There are unprocessed objects".

How can I identify what is causing these incorrect reports of applications that aren't installed, and resolve the status back to OK?

Flexnet is used in some Adobe products for licensing so you may have flexnet components on your systems.

flexnet is used for licensing in number of products, I have come across some CAD software that also uses it.

assuming you are using the security centre, does the unprocessed object repositories have anything in them related to flexnet or adobe paths ?

that may explain the unprocessed object flag

Flexnet is used in some Adobe products for licensing so you may have flexnet components on your systems.

flexnet is used for licensing in number of products, I have come across some CAD software that also uses it.

assuming you are using the security centre, does the unprocessed object repositories have anything in them related to flexnet or adobe paths ?

that may explain the unprocessed object flag

That would make sense, the computer with the error is using Acrobat 8 Standard, which is a licensed version.

There is nothing in the unprocessed file repository in security centre at all.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.