Ed Flecko

KAV crashed Outlook 2007 when sending attachments

With a speadsheet open in MS Excel, or document open in MS Word, I go to: File > Send > E-Mail, Kaspersky crashes Outook.

I have re-registered both mcou.dll and mcouas.dll and I'm still having the same problems. KAV is version 6.0.4.1424.

Suggestions?

Ed

We started experiencing the identical behavior at our office as well. About 2 weeks ago, 2 users had the same problem. It didn't matter if you went to send a file from Adobe Acrobat or any Microsoft Office 2007 application. The email would actually send, but the moment they clicked the "Send" button to send the attachment, Outlook crashes with a Kaspersky plugin error.

Now 2 more of my users started reporting it this morning. We're running Windows 7 64-bit and Kaspersky 6.0.4.1424 (a.d)

Can't seem to figure out why some people are fine and others are just starting to experience it.

Issue has occurred since autopatch D was released -- IMO, depends on if they use it, and if the notice it. It occurs when you try to send an attachment from any external application (e.g. excel, adobe, right-click context menu in windows). Do you have users that have patch D and don't exhibit this issue?

Yes - you're probably right that the people for whom it is "working" probably just don't use the feature. And yes, we also confirm that trying to send ANY attachment from an external program will crash Outlook.

My users with Proactive Defense disabled dont experiment this problem. Disable in policy is a workaround.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.