Sign in to follow this  
vatson

"Limit processor load" option

Hello!

In earlier versions of Admin kit (5.0.1104-ish), the policy for workstations had a troubleshooting option called "Limit processor load", where we could set the maximum CPU utilization that the on-demand scan could cause on the workstation. We had set it to 50 and it really seemed to help - in case when the on-demand scan for some reason started during the working hours, the workstation remained more or less usable by the user.

In admin kit 5.0.1151 this option seems to not exist any more. There is another troubleshooting option called "Pause antivirus scan when system load exceeds .... %", but this is not the same thing.

For some reason or another, my own workstation started on-demand scan this morning, and KAV seemed to be happily crunching along at nearly 100% CPU usage... The machine was practically unusable for anything else.

Did you have the "Pause antivirus scan when system load exceeds .... %" enabled when you ran the scan? Your post implies that you did not...

Mike

Did you have the "Pause antivirus scan when system load exceeds .... %" enabled when you ran the scan? Your post implies that you did not...

Mike

Actually, it was enabled and the % was set to 50. I'm thinking now that perhaps I should set it to something really low, like 5, so that scan is paused whenever there is *any* user activity. It seems to me that "common" user activity usually doesn't cause 50% CPU load and so the option doesn't kick in.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.