I have also tried the "repair" option. It is looking for a file on my installation disk and asks me to insert the disk. It still is not finding the file ...... :(

Well this morning it has magically started working, including turning on the anti spam which was off last night.

Weird

Al

On my Vista Ultimate 64 bit rig I just used the repair and after reboot KIS9 had to load the data bases again then it is back to normal:-)

Thanks, JASTECH

right, i'm still having problems, as i said last night, as per one of the suggestions, i downloaded version 8 off the kaspersky website and now i'm getting these screens.

kasperskyscrren.jpg

it's impossible for me to try out the rollback procedure.

any thoughts anyone?

right, i'm still having problems, as i said last night, as per one of the suggestions, i downloaded version 8 off the kaspersky website and now i'm getting these screens.

kasperskyscrren.jpg

it's impossible for me to try out the rollback procedure.

any thoughts anyone?

Have you tried activating? http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/208279738/

i've not got the activation code knocking abotu from when i originally installed 'kaspersky' but i'm wondering if it would work twer i to use that a second time.

Well if you registered your code after your first installation/activation, you may try your personal cabinet. http://support.kaspersky.com/personalcabinet If you don't know your customer ID you can chose the I forgot option.

Edited by rudger79

Hello,

If you are saying that you have used your personal cabinet twice already it does not matter how many times get into your personal cabinet , ... but before in tried uninstall I believe I would try getting into my personal cabinet first and if I could get in print out my activation code, I checked with another person and they did not know for sure what if any system restore would fix, best to ask moderator on that first was their remark also, I would try repair or reinstall but maybe best for second opinion on this from moderator just to be safe

I'm still having problems.

My kaspersky starts up OK - it's only when I run email (and receive spam) I get one of 2 problems:

Message that a service is disabled an kapsersky needs to close - prompt to send error report to Kaspersky, etc. Sometimes the program shuts right down, sometimes the icon just greys out. If I stop the email download, sometimes the Kaspersky icon becomes active again of it's own accord, sometimes I have to restart kaspersky.

Otherwise, sometimes i get the popup that Antispam is disabled. Again, if I close down the email it re-enables itself of it's own accord, or otherwise I click resume.

Now here's the thing:

I updated databases to 2nd April in the morning (australian time AEDST). I also updated 2nd April in the evening. I also updated again this morning, 3rd April.

I see that the fix involves rolling back to before 2nd April - but you can only roll back one database - so does this mean i have to re-install?

Read post 249 the link posted on that post number 249

others confirmed tho pm and on thread it fixed . one was just an hour ago confirmed fixed though those instructions

Edited by charlesT

I'm still having problems.

My kaspersky starts up OK - it's only when I run email (and receive spam) I get one of 2 problems:

Message that a service is disabled an kapsersky needs to close - prompt to send error report to Kaspersky, etc. Sometimes the program shuts right down, sometimes the icon just greys out. If I stop the email download, sometimes the Kaspersky icon becomes active again of it's own accord, sometimes I have to restart kaspersky.

Otherwise, sometimes i get the popup that Antispam is disabled. Again, if I close down the email it re-enables itself of it's own accord, or otherwise I click resume.

Now here's the thing:

I updated databases to 2nd April in the morning (australian time AEDST). I also updated 2nd April in the evening. I also updated again this morning, 3rd April.

I see that the fix involves rolling back to before 2nd April - but you can only roll back one database - so does this mean i have to re-install?

That would be the fastest way............yes.................IF this doesn't work:http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280058

I already saw that site http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280058 but that's the problem - it appears you can only rollback one database - I continually keep mine up-to-date so I had already gone past the 2nd April update before I read through to the rollback/update solution.

(I did rollback and re-update nevertheless - but I'm not sure if it will do any good as I was rolling back TO the 2nd April. Also I got the impression most people seem to have a problem that their anti-spam is disabled, and they can't re-enable it. Mine only disables when spam hits - as soon as I close down the email box, anti-spam is Ok again.)

Will see if it persists - as I said, this morning it wasn't the anti-spam disable that was a problem - it was " a service disabled' - which one I'm not sure - might investigate next time it happens if possible. I've had this other problem for a few weeks now. It almost appears as if a malicious email is attempting to stop Kaspersky - but you'd think if kept updated, Kaspersky ought to cope with that....???

Edited by ozegirl

I've since had two more lots of email this morning containing spam and had no anti-spam problem ...on the last two no service disabled either ...so fingers crossed, but this other error I've had for quite a while, but it's very spasmodic....I think it might depend on the nature of the email - there must be some out there that just knock Kaspersky over before it sees them coming.....