Tmod700

Start with Windows broken, KTS2019 19.0.0.1088(b)

I just updated to KTS2019 19.0.0.1088(a) and everything works correctly and then after the upgrade to 19.0.0.1088(b) KTS2019 will fail to start with windows, I have to manually start it after each boot.

With the 2018 version I never had an issue until upgrading.

Solutions? I have already removed and re-installed 3 times and after upgrading to (b) it fails to start again.

Win10 Pro 1709

Any other method as I have dealt with tech support and they seem to have their head buried in the sand. I have uninstalled several different programs as they had suggested and it doesn't fix the issue. Works fine in version (a) doesn't start with version (b) what is the common denominator? Only thing that changed was upgraded to (b).

On 8/24/2018 at 1:37 PM, DraculaxAOE said:

Exactly the same issue as OP, I am on Windows 7 x64 SP1

I am still waiting on support, I ran and reran trace and GIS, they told me there were no issues as it was started then I had to explain to them I had to start it before I could enable or disable trace and that is the reason it was now started. I then logged all the files that were changed from version 19.0.0.1088(a) to 19.0.0.1088(b). I then replaced each file one by one until the program would start and the file that is causing the issue is system_interceptors.dll but does support listen? Nope they have me run another trace. Support does not listen to the purchasers. I changed that file 4 times to make sure it was the issue and each time I changed it KTS 2019 would start. Once it updated to (b) after the OS started KTS2019 failed to load on startup again.

I can get better support from a stump out in the yard.

12 hours ago, Tmod700 said:

I am still waiting on support, I ran and reran trace and GIS, they told me there were no issues as it was started then I had to explain to them I had to start it before I could enable or disable trace and that is the reason it was now started. I then logged all the files that were changed from version 19.0.0.1088(a) to 19.0.0.1088(b). I then replaced each file one by one until the program would start and the file that is causing the issue is system_interceptors.dll but does support listen? Nope they have me run another trace. Support does not listen to the purchasers. I changed that file 4 times to make sure it was the issue and each time I changed it KTS 2019 would start. Once it updated to (b) after the OS started KTS2019 failed to load on startup again.

I can get better support from a stump out in the yard.

Nice find, amazed you went this far...

KTS 2019 never adds start up entry in Windows, even after you re-tick/reinstall it...

In addition, KIS 2019 has Microsoft Protected Process (PPL) as an option in Self-Defense, but this option is missing in KTS 2019...

Edited by DraculaxAOE

In addition, KIS 2019 has Microsoft Protected Process (PPL) as an option in Self-Defense, but this option is missing in KTS 2019...

that's odd as I see it in my KTS 19 version...

kts.JPG

1 hour ago, petsy said:

that's odd as I see it in my KTS 19 version...

kts.JPG

That's really strange.  Mine is 19.0.0.1088 (b)

Are you on Win 10?  I'm on Win 7

111.png

Edited by DraculaxAOE

After today's update, OP's issue is resolved.

However, I still don't see the extra option in Self-Defense under Win 7.  Might be an OS issue?

12 hours ago, DraculaxAOE said:

However, I still don't see the extra option in Self-Defense under Win 7.  Might be an OS issue?

Yeah I don't think that would show as that feature was put in Win 10 only to my knowledge.

Good thing the update fixed it as wonderful tech support after 14 days decided they couldn't find my files I uploaded. Damn they are pathetic.

20 hours ago, DraculaxAOE said:

Looked at the release info for KTS2019 and they are still on (b) version. You have (c)?

20 minutes ago, Tmod700 said:

Looked at the release info for KTS2019 and they are still on (b) version. You have (c)?

It's still (b)

My computer crashed last night and after it restarted, Kaspersky automatically started with Windows

5 hours ago, DraculaxAOE said:

It's still (b)

My computer crashed last night and after it restarted, Kaspersky automatically started with Windows

Some database update may have fixed it for you but mine still fails to start with win 10 pro the minute it updates to (b)

I take that back.

Kaspersky did start with Windows after a red screen of death due to GPU issues.

However, I did a few normal restart afterwards, and Kaspersky never started with Windows.

I have the same problem as the OP. For reference, I'm running 19.0.0.1088(b) on Windows 7 SP1 x64.

I returned to my desk today after being on vacation last week with my computer off (i.e. no automatic KTS updates). Upon booting Windows, I realized that KTS wasn't running and started it manually. When the UI came up, the notifications panel told me that I needed to update the databases and the app. I clicked the button to accept that recommendation, and it appeared to run an update of some sort. The app version number remained the same, though, and still won't automatically start after booting Windows. I believe I have the relevant settings enabled in the configuration (see attached screenshot).

I just opened a support incident, and will post an update if we get this resolved. In the meantime, if anyone has found a fix, I'd appreciate knowing what worked for you. Thanks.

kts_autostart_settings.png

If you encounter an issue with product startup, then please create a request to Tech support as richbuff mentioned.

Thanks.

On 9/10/2018 at 9:08 PM, DraculaxAOE said:

still not fixed

imagine you are infected and kaspersky doesn't start with windows

I just got a email this morning saying they are going to look into the issue, They have been contacting me as it seems they lost my files a few times that I submitted so I had to re-install KTS2019 multiple times and perform the GIS and trace a few times now. So finally they said they had the files and are going to look into it. The normal reply I have received in the past from tech support is they are not able to access the files. So roughly 42 days in and they just now are looking at the issue. 

12 hours ago, Tmod700 said:

...it seems they lost my files a few times... The normal reply I have received in the past from tech support is they are not able to access the files.

FWIW, Tech Support originally sent me a URL for uploading my GetSystemInfo / trace files. The upload operation appeared to succeed, but my analyst subsequently stated that they weren't able to access the files, as well.

The next time, I tried uploading the files as an attachment on the support website. My analyst wrote yesterday that they received the files, and are forwarding the incident to tier 2 support. I'll use the support website in the future if I need to send more files (and if they fit under the 10 MB attachment limit).

Thanks for all of your work in isolating this to the system_interceptors.dll file, too; I'm sure that wasn't fun. This should give the support folks a good head start, now that they're working on your incident.

10 hours ago, MannionGeo said:

FWIW, Tech Support originally sent me a URL for uploading my GetSystemInfo / trace files. The upload operation appeared to succeed, but my analyst subsequently stated that they weren't able to access the files, as well.

The next time, I tried uploading the files as an attachment on the support website. My analyst wrote yesterday that they received the files, and are forwarding the incident to tier 2 support. I'll use the support website in the future if I need to send more files (and if they fit under the 10 MB attachment limit).

Thanks for all of your work in isolating this to the system_interceptors.dll file, too; I'm sure that wasn't fun. This should give the support folks a good head start, now that they're working on your incident.

Well what do you know, Finally something positive from Kaspersky Tech. Should have been an easy find since I told them exactly where to find the issue.

This is bug 2886916. It's planned to be fixed with patch C, which is going to be released in next 2-3 weeks.

Only took 43 days.

Ok was hopeful for a bit there, Saw that patch "C" was available so why not install it yet again. Well now the program will not update from (a) to (b) or (c). KTS2019 downloaded the files and I watched the progress bar as it stated updating files which was 35.12mb but no joy, Now KTS2019 will not update itself.

Created a ticket and the geniuses at Kaspersky decided that an update issue and a start on windows load issue were the same issue so cancelled my latest ticket and combined them so I now have two separate issues under one ticket. They can't get one issue on one ticket correct. So they tell me that patch "C" will be released in a few weeks yet another system is running patch "C" already and I told them and they still can't seem to grasp that patch "C" is released.

Damn incompetent support for sure.

Ok got as little excited that I was finally able to get 19.0.0.1088(c) downloaded but that is where my excitement ended. KTS 19.0.0.1088(c) still has the no start issue that KTS 19.0.0.1088(b) has. After multiple times of uninstalling and installing KTS 19.0.0.1088(a) will still start every time after reboot or fresh system start.

So back to 18.0.0.405(j) for me.

It has to have something to do with Win 10 Pro as my Win 10 Home has no issues.

From where did you download the "c" update?

I've been checking the support site every few days, but still only find the "ab" version from May.

On a related topic, I've been trying to find an official site for downloading the full installers KTS, rather than just the little web installer that triggers the big download in the background. Kaspersky used to have a download page with full installers for several recent versions, but that seems to be gone. Like you, I've had difficulty trying to get answers to two questions simultaneously from Kaspersky Support, so I've moved the download question to the back burner until the more important Windows startup issue is resolved.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.