technikarc

Error while starting the installation package for the application

recently I'm struggling to install new Network Agent 10.5.1781 version over 10.4.343 through Kaspersky Security Center on some machines. I'm getting "Error while starting the installation package for the application". Statistics looks like this:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.e01671b5c67b251e8b78a27d66f1b0c1.png

When I made a standalone package of the Network Agent setup and tried to install locally on one of the machines, I get the same error:

Screenshot_3.png.19f886ccd67ec9e6fc5e7e6588582639.png

Logs of this local install are attached. Versions of the applications are in my signature.

How can this be solved?

$klpkinst.log

$klrbtagt.txt

$klriwrp.txt

Hi,

why are you working with a stand-alone package if you want to install NA only?
Try to install NA only and let us know.
Note: bear in mind that if the current NA installation is psw protected you should disable it in advance (or you can provide such a password within the deployment task).

M

I tried stand-alone Network Agent  package to generate more detailed logs because I couldn't install through KSC remotely.

But now I created Automated installation task for Workstations group and looks like it's updating now. Strange bug.

50 minutes ago, technikarc said:

I tried stand-alone Network Agent  package to generate more detailed logs because I couldn't install through KSC remotely.

But now I created Automated installation task for Workstations group and looks like it's updating now. Strange bug.

Hello.

This could be due to the original Network Agent package becoming corrupted (for some reason).

Please let us know if any issues like this keep occuring with the new package/task.

Thank you.

Still some Workstations can't install this update. If the above scenario is the case, then how corrupted package managed to install on all other Workstations.

Anyway - I deleted Kaspersky NA from KSC's Installation Packages. I can't find where to re-download it. Where can I find it?

Well looks like it's inside Kaspersky Security Center 10 for Windows (Full package). Very easy to find not counting the weight of the package (almost 1 GB). Extracted it from there, created a package in KSC using nagent10.kud. Got the same error. What else can be done to resolve this?

I tried to install Network Agent remotely once more, got the same error, generated GSI report immediately. It's here.

As I can see in logs, account that you use doesn't have sufficient permissions. Could you please check the account that you use.

Thank you!

Your comment helped me to resolve this problem. Our Kaspersky Endpoint Antivirus (KEA) is using Application Startup Control (ASC) and on these particular Workstations I had to disable it to install Network Agent (NA). In Policy I have these paths whitelisted where any executable can be started:

C:\_Extra\*

C:\Program Files (x86)\*

C:\Program Files\*

C:\Soft\*

C:\Windows\*

C:\Users\Admin\*

C:\Users\Administrator\*

D:\Users\Admin\*

D:\Users\Administrator\*

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\*

So this means installing NA temporary executable files are put somewhere else and can't be launched. Could you please provide more information about NA executables behavior when installing?

Thank you.

Location of Network agent installation files are depends on installation scenario. 

D:\tmp\KAVREM~1\2678BE~1\exec\ was used for temporary file storage.

Right to launch any executable files from Windows temporary directories are strictly denied. Why NA was able to install itself on other Workstations?

klnagent-setup.log:

Цитата

System: 'Microsoft Windows NT', Version: '6.1, 7601', Locale: 'Lithuanian_Lithuania.1257', Timezone (DST): 3,000000, CurrentDir:'D:\tmp\KAVREM~1\2678BE~1\exec'

Environment:

TEMP=D:\tmp
    TMP=D:\tmp

__PROCESS_HISTORY=D:\tmp\KAV Remote Installations\2678bed0-494e-4f2c-9014-b4752858eda24e5627ac-8564-40f4-869c-f891eb591f89\

What do you mean by

Цитата

Right to launch any executable files from Windows temporary directories are strictly denied.

How did you setup this rule?

As I've mentioned a few posts above, I have ASC set in whitelist mode. None of Windows temporary folders are in this list so users can't launch any executables from there. Although NA managed to be installed on most of these Workstations.

Edited by technikarc

Hello. 

Was this policy converted from previous KES version or created from scratch ?

It was converted policy after updating KEA from v10 to v11 and KSC to latest version. Can't remember the original version of KSC.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:16 PM, technikarc said:

Right to launch any executable files from Windows temporary directories are strictly denied. Why NA was able to install itself on other Workstations?

Hello.

Unfortunately, we are not able to investigate issues retroactively. If the issue continues (and can be reproduced on one or more hosts), we will be able to collect relevant data and submit it for developer's analysis.

Please let us know if you are still having the issue, and what the issue is.

Thank you.

Understood. Will let you know if problem reappears. I can check it only with the next updates of Kaspersky products though.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.