Nisko

Looking for Kaspersky Internet Security - Portable version.

I'd like to know if there's a portable version of Kaspersky Internet Security and / or Kaspersky Virus Removal.  I want to put a portable version of some tools on a flash drive to make it easier to fix problems at other people's (friends)  houses.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  Thank you..............

3 hours ago, Nisko said:

I'd like to know if there's a portable version of Kaspersky Internet Security and / or Kaspersky Virus Removal.  I want to put a portable version of some tools on a flash drive to make it easier to fix problems at other people's (friends)  houses.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  Thank you..............

Here's a Kaspersky Virus Remover that doesn't need to be install, just open the exe is all.

http://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/KVRT/latest/full/KVRT.exe

Thank you!  How can I find out more about this app (and how did you find it?)?  How does this app keep itself updated?  Do you have any other thoughts on portable apps to have on hand for repair?

23 hours ago, Nisko said:

Thank you!  How can I find out more about this app (and how did you find it?)?  How does this app keep itself updated?  Do you have any other thoughts on portable apps to have on hand for repair?

You might like this site:

https://portableapps.com/

It has ALOT of different categories. It didn't have the app that I mentioned with Kaspersky, not sure where I got that one, but I know I googled for it. This site does have Kaspersky's TDSS killer tho, plus 100's of apps, covering everything conceivable. :)

Thanks to all of you for the great information!!!  I use Kaspersky Internet Protection and that's why I asked for it specifically.  It's supposed to be one of the best.

Hi and thank you again.  I've got the Kaspersky portables and they work just fine.  Now, I'm particularly interested in PortableApps.com.  I don't understand this at all and would like to learn - but can't find a "How to" manual.  I don't understand what a launcher is and I don't understand how to implement the portable apps on a flash drive.  I'm fairly techy - but this is one area I've never had the opportunity to get involved with.  I don't know what to do with the app I downloaded and can't understand the instructions on portableapps.com.  Could someone please help me along?

4 hours ago, Nisko said:

Hi and thank you again.  I've got the Kaspersky portables and they work just fine.  Now, I'm particularly interested in PortableApps.com.  I don't understand this at all and would like to learn - but can't find a "How to" manual.  I don't understand what a launcher is and I don't understand how to implement the portable apps on a flash drive.  I'm fairly techy - but this is one area I've never had the opportunity to get involved with.  I don't know what to do with the app I downloaded and can't understand the instructions on portableapps.com.  Could someone please help me along?

Portable apps are just .exe files that you double click to run. There is no installation. Often times, within the program after running, you'll see help files in the file menu's.

What is the PortableApps.com Platform?  What does it do and do I need to use it?  Even if I don't need it, I'd like to understand what it's for.  Thank you.

>>What is the PortableApps.com Platform? 

Makes the app portable

>>What does it do and do I need to use it?

Makes the app portable from one place to another without installation

>>Even if I don't need it, I'd like to understand what it's for

You need it when you want to move the application from one place to another and have it run without installing it on a target workstation.

They have a separate community if you want to learn about building portable apps here (https://portableapps.com/forums)

Sorry, I was just following up on this post.  I have since found the PartableApps.com forum.  Thank you all again.

On 4/23/2018 at 8:54 AM, Nisko said:

Sorry, I was just following up on this post.  I have since found the PartableApps.com forum.  Thank you all again.

YW :) I wish you the best