tom@reeleezee.nl

Error sending the request to KSN. Error code: 0x80000063.

Hi Sean,All our servers are server 2012 R2

We also use teams on al our network interface (microsoft teaming)

the 720xD (not showing the problem)  al use 

• Broadcomm Netextreme 5720

the 730XD's we have in 2 different NIC configurations (switched from broadcom to intel last year for new servers), both versions show the issue

• Broadcomm Netextreme 5720
  • Intel Gigabit X520/i350

Look at this, i would conclude the NIC is not the issue

I'm stil able to reproduce

• switching on trace logging will stop the issue, also after stopping tracelog
  • a reboot will enable the problem again

On 9/22/2017 at 11:02 AM, tom@reeleezee.nl said:

Hi Sean,All our servers are server 2012 R2

We also use teams on al our network interface (microsoft teaming)

I'm stil able to reproduce

• switching on trace logging will stop the issue, also after stopping tracelog
  • a reboot will enable the problem again

Hi,

I can also reproduce by rebooting the server - immediatly I get the KSN errors in KSC, but if I restart the Kaspersky Security Service on the server the errors stop. I have a theory that it is connected to the time the OS takes to estabish the network team and KWS not finding a network when it starts. 

My network inferfaces are based on Broadcom BCM5719

I am still waiting for a fix from Kaspersky development.

Sean

Edited by uk-heliman

1 hour ago, uk-heliman said:

Hi,

I can also reproduce by rebooting the server - immediatly I get the KSN errors in KSC, but if I restart the Kaspersky Security Service on the server the errors stop. I have a theory that it is connected to the time the OS takes to estabish the network team and KWS not finding a network when it starts. 

Sean

Your issue is currently being investigated by the developer. We will let you know within the incident, when any new information is available.

Thank you.

Hi,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the update i'm also still working on my incident (INC000008281547 ) with Kaspersky support.

I hope they will have an solution soon.

Kind regards,

Tom

Tom 

Out of interest do you have any Hyper-V v-Switches configured on the servers that error?

Regards

Sean

Edited by uk-heliman

Hi Sean,

The servers showing the problem do not have hyperV or hyperV switches installed

all servers showing are physical server, with just Windows 2012 Server R2 and SQl server installed

Regards 

Developers asked to apply the patch Core19 in both CA incidents.

We still don't have feedback from these users.

You may create an incident in CA and ask this patch too.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, lalecco said:

where can i download this patch?

2 hours ago, Dmitry Eremeev said:

You may create an incident in CA and ask this patch too.

Thank you.

I have applied core 19 to one of our servers and all seems well for the past 48 hours.

I have installed the patch this morning on 2 servers showing the problem.

Until now both servers stopped showing this issue, but i'm really convinced when the issue does not return after a reboot. I have scheduled a reboot for 1 of the servers tomorrow morning, so I will let you know the final verdict tomorrow

Kind regards,

Tom

1 hour ago, tom@reeleezee.nl said:

I have installed the patch this morning on 2 servers showing the problem.

Until now both servers stopped showing this issue, but i'm really convinced when the issue does not return after a reboot. I have scheduled a reboot for 1 of the servers tomorrow morning, so I will let you know the final verdict tomorrow

Kind regards,

Tom

Wait information from you.

21 hours ago, Dmitry Eremeev said:

Wait information from you.

After a reboot of the server the issue still does not show up again, so i think patch 19 solves the issue.

We will now deploy this patch to all our other servers

1 hour ago, tom@reeleezee.nl said:

After a reboot of the server the issue still does not show up again, so i think patch 19 solves the issue.

We will now deploy this patch to all our other servers

Thank you for your feedback!

On 9/14/2017 at 11:29 AM, tom@reeleezee.nl said:

Hi,

On some of out server i see a lot of events "Error sending the request to KSN. Error code: 0x80000063.", actually from the statics of these servers it seems KSN request never succeed from these servers.

The strange thing is we have 16  of this kind of servers (databases servers) configured exactly alike and about half of these servers show this messages while te other half does not have issues connecting to the KSN proxy.

Als servers use KasperskySecurity 10 for Windows Server, version 10.0.0.486, and all have Critical fix Productcore 13 (KB13463) installed

All server use the same policy and the same ksc server / ksn proxy

I have checked communication from al servers to the ksn proxy on port 13000, and al server can reach this port. within i look with a network monitor i can see (TLS) traffic flowing from all servers to the KSC server on port 13000. so network config seem not to be an issue.

what could be the problem?

Kind regards,

Tom

Hi Tom

Request Patch 19 from CompanyAccount, it will probably do the job.

this issue is known for Kaspersky Security for Windows Server 10.0.0.468

Best

1 hour ago, Pouyan said:

Hi Tom

Request Patch 19 from CompanyAccount, it will probably do the job.

this issue is known for Kaspersky Security for Windows Server 10.0.0.468

Best

Thank you for your valuable help.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.