ukhinzaw14@gmail.com

C drive full but Kaspersky said your computer is protected and updatd

My laptop C Drive is full, at that time I used AVG free version. So I delete all drive and format my HD. Then I insallled window and Kaspersky 2014 license version. After that my laptop is ok for nearly 10 days. But today My C drive is full again. I checked my antivirus but antivirus said your computer is protected. Why i don't know. If anyone can solve that problem, help me. :dash1:

Use WinDirStat to see which file/folder/program is consuming the space.

That should give you a good starting point to see why the program/folder is consuming the space and resolve it from there.

If that log file comes back and is very big again, ask the software's forum or support team letting them know the file name and location. It may be a setting you need to change.

If it's Kaspersky, do what Jowi said in post #2.

If its another software, you need to ask them for support.

Hello jowi, I do what your post mean. but i can delete some file in C:program86:kaspersky:. Only some file can delete. Is that OK.

No, Do not touch that folder. You can delete old trace files from C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab. Delete only files, do not delete any subfolders.

Please check that traces are off, as Jowi instructed in his post.

Please drill down through AVP15.0.0 folder and tell us what file names and extensions are excessively multiplying.

Hello,

Delete all files with .enc1 extension and disable tracing in KIS (Support - Support tools).

Also, in addition to what Egor Kurnev instructs in the post above,

Please drill down through Files folder and tell us what file names and extensions are excessively multiplying.

edit: Also, ...

Edited by richbuff

Make sure you disable Traces as previously instructed in Support > Support Tools or the files will begin multiplying again.

Do u want to see that photo?

Normally contains the C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab only three subdirectories ('AVP15.0.0', 'SafeBrowser', 'UCPStorage') and no files (see screenshot). Give us a screenshot of the display of the opened directory C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab with the Windows Explorer.

Bye.

KM

post-312412-1439022429_thumb.png

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.