ildrad

Report and slave servers [In progress]

Hello,

Since i was not able to find any clue, i come here another time for a little question due to my lack of knowledges

I managed some slave servers and i would like to know if it is possible to generate specific reports (like "most infected computers", ...) only for the computers on one slave server.

Can i do this with my KSC 10 SP1 ?

Best regards,

Hello,

Since i was not able to find any clue, i come here another time for a little question due to my lack of knowledges

I managed some slave servers and i would like to know if it is possible to generate specific reports (like "most infected computers", ...) only for the computers on one slave server.

Can i do this with my KSC 10 SP1 ?

Best regards,

Hi,

Please disable option in report properties on master administration server to Include data from slave and virtual Administration Servers (see screenshot) in order to get such results.

Thank You!

post-207942-1429181029_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Disable it will allow me to chose to have report for one slave server ? It will not just remove the computers of trhe slave servers from the reports ?

Regards,

Hi,

Disable it will allow me to chose to have report for one slave server ? It will not just remove the computers of trhe slave servers from the reports ?

Regards,

Hello,

these settings help to exclude slave servers from the main server report.

Thank you.

Hello,

Actually, i want to have "only" the report for the slave server :)

if i uncheck this check box i will just have the report for my server.

Regards

Hello,

Regards

Hi,

Have you tried this option already? You can re-enable it. Please try to check your slave then.

Thank You!

Hello,

I actually do as you say.

First of all, create a protection deployment report (1&2) Every choice doesn't allow me to taka anything else than computers in my "managed computer" folder

Here is the initial report (3) managed computers + slave servers computers.

Then i uncheck the box as yu said and get this (4), only the managed computers.

If i check the box back, return to (3).

And i need the difference between 3 and 4 (only the slave servers). And if possible for each one of them sepparately.

Best regards,

Arnaud,

post-469405-1429616359_thumb.png

post-469405-1429616363_thumb.png

post-469405-1429616366_thumb.png

post-469405-1429616371_thumb.png

Hello,

Regards

Hello.

You can do this if you generate the reports on the slave server.

Master console can be used to connect to any connected slave server and perform such actions.

Thank you.

Ok,

Is there any mean to get the report on the master, i don't have any mail gateway on the slave side, and i would like to send the report.

Best regards,

Arnaud,

Ok,

Is there any mean to get the report on the master, i don't have any mail gateway on the slave side, and i would like to send the report.

Best regards,

Arnaud,

If you connect to a slave server from the master Console, the reports are generated in your Console, and can be sent with any email settings you set up.

Thank you.

I just tried to create a report on my slave server by connecting through my master server.

- I was not able to see this report on the master server.

And i was not able to create a administration server task to send it :

- on the master server (unable to select the report on the slave server)

- on the slave server (unable to send the mail with the master server parameters)

Do you know what did i do wrong ?

Regards,

Hi,

I just tried to create a report on my slave server by connecting through my master server.

If you expand slave server properties there should be "managed computers", "reports and notifications" and "Repository" nodes.

By clicking at "reports and notifications" you can create a report.

Thank you!

Hi,

Exactly ! And if i am not wrong, it uses the email settings defined on the properties of this "report and notifications" on the slave server (mail server of the slave server network...), not the email properties defined on the "report and notifications" on the master server ?

Best regards,

Edited by ildrad

Hi,

Exactly ! And if i am not wrong, it uses the email settings defined on the properties of this "report and notifications" on the slave server (mail server of the slave server network...), not the email properties defined on the "report and notifications" on the master server ?

Best regards,

Hello,

did you try to perform a report for slave server using above mentioned method ?

Thank you.

Sorry, it seems i don't validate my previous answer last week ...

Yes i tried and :

- i could create a report (fine)

- if i modify the credential of sendin reports on the slave server, the report is not sent.

Just to be sure we are in line on the "question" :

I know how to do, and i have, some reports on the slaves servers. I want to know if it is possible to send reports for slaves servers statistics only via the master server email configuration.

Actually i see 2 tracks possible :

- the report is generated on the slave server and with some internal mechanism sent to the master server which is in charge to send it like the reports actually on the master server.

- the master server is creating a report with only the slave server data and sent this report like others reports on the master server.

Regards,

Arnaud,

Sorry, it seems i don't validate my previous answer last week ...

Yes i tried and :

- i could create a report (fine)

- if i modify the credential of sendin reports on the slave server, the report is not sent.

Just to be sure we are in line on the "question" :

I know how to do, and i have, some reports on the slaves servers. I want to know if it is possible to send reports for slaves servers statistics only via the master server email configuration.

Actually i see 2 tracks possible :

- the report is generated on the slave server and with some internal mechanism sent to the master server which is in charge to send it like the reports actually on the master server.

- the master server is creating a report with only the slave server data and sent this report like others reports on the master server.

Regards,

Arnaud,

Hi,

I am a bit confused about modifying the credentials. What have you tried already with it exactly and what was working?

Thank You!

Actually, to test if the reports is sent by the master or the slave server, i emptied the slave server email configuration :

- if i receive the mail => the mail is sent by the master server

- if not, it is sent by the master.

Regards

Actually, to test if the reports is sent by the master or the slave server, i emptied the slave server email configuration :

- if i receive the mail => the mail is sent by the master server

- if not, it is sent by the master.

Regards

Here is both cases you have mentioned that it is sent by the master server, so what is the difference? What have you used before changing when it was possible to send by the slave server as you have mentioned?

Thank You!

I'm sorry, the second case is sent by the slave server : "- if not, it is sent by the slave."

I was doing some test on one slave server where a smtp is configured.

I will soon add another slave server where i will not be able to set a mail server to send the report => this is why i am asking this question.

Regards

I'm sorry, the second case is sent by the slave server : "- if not, it is sent by the slave."

I was doing some test on one slave server where a smtp is configured.

I will soon add another slave server where i will not be able to set a mail server to send the report => this is why i am asking this question.

Regards

I am sorry but I am still confused about this advise:

"- if i modify the credential of sendin reports on the slave server, the report is not sent"

what did you have before when it was possible to send reports and what have you changed it to when it became impossible to send?

Thank You!

I have :

- a slave server on a remote site and on another domain and which have access to a mail server

- a master server which have access to a mail server

I will have :

- a slave server without access to a mail server.

I would like to have :

- reports for the futur slave server

I simulate the new slave server by removing all the mail configuration on the actually connected slave server.

Regards,

Arnaud,

post-469405-1430303244_thumb.png

Edited by ildrad

I have :

- a slave server on a remote site and on another domain and which have access to a mail server

- a master server which have access to a mail server

I will have :

- a slave server without access to a mail server.

I would like to have :

- reports for the futur slave server

I simulate the new slave server by removing all the mail configuration on the actually connected slave server.

Regards,

Arnaud,

Have You already tried the structure? What`s the actual result?

Thanks.

I simulated this structure :

- one master server with access to a mail server

- one slave without access to a mail server

If i create a report on the slave server, it is not sent via the master server

A report will always be sent via it's server not the master, so i think you're trying to do something that can't be done.

My suggestion would be to save the report from the slave server and not sent it by email. However this means you can't schedule it.

If you have to schedule it then you'll need to find a mail server on the slave domain.

Ok,

Best regards,

Arnaud,

Hello.

Please excuse the confusion about the Console principles. Previously stated notions appear to be misleading.

According to the product experts, only the following options are possible if the slave server does not have access to SMTP:

1. Build the reports from the Master server (and have Master server data included in them)

2. Instead of sending reports by mail, use a shared folder (to which the Slave server has access) and save them into files (in the Report Delivery task properties)

3. Manually pick reports in the Console and choose "Save" to export them into files. In this case you'll be able to save them wherever the Console has access to.

Report Delivery task is performed on whatever server the report is generated for, and therefore relies in the same server's settings. Using SMTP settings the Master slave uses in the Slave server's Report Delivery task properties makes the Slave server attempt to connect to SMTP and fail, because it does not have access.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.