techman711

Extensions on Chrome

I have found that Kaspersky URL Advisor, Password Manager plugin and Safe Money extensions have stopped working on Chrome. I go into the settings but I cannot enable as its a third party extension. Is there an update from Kaspersky or Chrome to solve the problem . PS i am running PURE 3.0 on windows 7

post-504663-1392835694_thumb.jpg

Welcome. What happens when you click the Enable box?

What Chrome version?

Chrome is Version 33.0.1750.112 beta-m and it will not let me click the enable button .

Stick this thread...

Kaspersky does not support Beta browsers.

1. This one is not a good answer.

2. Here is the support article from Google:

Suspicious extensions disabled

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/28...nsions&rd=1

3. Here is the official answer from Google:

Important: Updates on Chrome Extensions

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#...eta/d35tIyH8dVM

Extensions are a great way to enhance the browsing experience; whether you want to quickly post to social networks or to stay up to date with your favorite sports teams. Some extensions come bundled with others, which causes Chrome to ask whether you want to install them (or not). However, bad actors have abused this mechanism, bypassing the prompt to silently install malicious extensions that can override browser settings and alter the user experience in undesired ways. In fact, this is a leading cause of complaints from our users and a common topic here in the forum.

Since these malicious extensions are not hosted on the Chrome Web Store, it’s difficult to limit the damage they can cause. This is why we announced in November that as part of our continuing security efforts, starting with Chrome 33 (the next version of Chrome), all extensions for Windows users must be hosted in the Chrome Web Store. A couple of FAQs:

What will happen to my non-web store extensions?

With the upgrade to Chrome 33, these extensions will be automatically disabled in your extension list, and can be completely removed by visiting your extensions list (you can access this by typing chrome://extensions in your omnibox).

What if I think an extension was disabled incorrectly?

If you feel an extension was incorrectly disabled, start first by checking if it can be enabled in your extension list and the Chrome Store. If not, please let us know below. You should also contact the extension manager so they are aware.

What if I want to run non-web store extensions?

Advanced users can continue to use our Dev & Canary channels to run any extension. Please note that these channels are updated very regularly, and may contain features and bug fixes that are actively being developed.

I’m an extension developer, what do I do?

If your extensions are currently hosted outside the Chrome Web Store you should migrate them as soon as possible. You can learn more from our Developers FAQ.

Got questions? Please let us know them below. To keep up with the technical updates to Chrome, please read the Chromium Blog.

Edited by Makc666

This is official position.

But once Chrome 33 installed...

Please, see - http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=288348

The reason for Pure, I guess, that Google 33 is not supported yet.

I used a workaround on Chrome 33.0.1750.117 and Password Manager seems to be working for me.

YMMV and Use at Your Own Risk.

Open chrome and type about:plugins in the address bar.

A page with a list of installed plugins will load.

For each plugin there is a checkbox labelled 'Always allowed'. Those checkboxes are unchecked by default, I believe.

Click on the checkbox for each Kaspersky plugin in you want to enable. A checkmark will appear in the checkbox.

Restart Chrome.

Firefox users can <del>

HTH

edit: del workaround that is unsupported and not recommended.

Edited by richbuff

This is official position.

The link below is a better "official position" then the first one throw this thread saying to piss off. :ao:

But once Chrome 33 installed...

Please, see - http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=288348

The reason for Pure, I guess, that Google 33 is not supported yet.

Thanks for this link, Rodion! It has everything user must know! :bt:

Edited by Makc666

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.