Namoi

Security Center 9 Update Issue

We are running Kaspersky Security Center 9 managing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 and Endpoint 8.0 clients.

Due to our company having relatively slow WAN links we replicate the virus updates from a central server to a file share on each of our site servers via a script. The clients are then put into a site group in Security Center and a task is created for each group that instructs the clients to pick up the updates from their local servers file share. There are separate tasks for Anti-virus 6.0 and Endpoint 8.0.

This is working fine for all but one of our sites. At this site none of the clients are updating. I have checked that the update folder is up to date that the file security matches the other sites. I have deleted the task and copied one from a site that is working, making sure to edit it so it points at the local file share. I have also checked the account that the task is running under. After all this the clients are still not updating. I have attached the error that is reported in the task log below.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Event name Task cannot be performed

Severity: Error

Application: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows

Version number: 8.1.0.831

Task name: Client Update Mungindi v8

Computer: PCMUNGBP

Group: Mungindi

Time: Thursday, 28 March 2013 2:29:51 PM

Name of virtual Server:

Description: Event type: Task cannot be performed

Result: Unable to start tasks

Object: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Object\Name: SYSTEM

Size: 2 GB

Reason: Error downloading update files

We are running Kaspersky Security Center 9 managing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 and Endpoint 8.0 clients.

Due to our company having relatively slow WAN links we replicate the virus updates from a central server to a file share on each of our site servers via a script. The clients are then put into a site group in Security Center and a task is created for each group that instructs the clients to pick up the updates from their local servers file share. There are separate tasks for Anti-virus 6.0 and Endpoint 8.0.

This is working fine for all but one of our sites. At this site none of the clients are updating. I have checked that the update folder is up to date that the file security matches the other sites. I have deleted the task and copied one from a site that is working, making sure to edit it so it points at the local file share. I have also checked the account that the task is running under. After all this the clients are still not updating. I have attached the error that is reported in the task log below.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Event name Task cannot be performed

Severity: Error

Application: Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows

Version number: 8.1.0.831

Task name: Client Update Mungindi v8

Computer: PCMUNGBP

Group: Mungindi

Time: Thursday, 28 March 2013 2:29:51 PM

Name of virtual Server:

Description: Event type: Task cannot be performed

Result: Unable to start tasks

Object: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Object\Name: SYSTEM

Size: 2 GB

Reason: Error downloading update files

\

Hi,

Can you explain your Network agent version

Regards,

Sahan Marga

\

Hi,

Can you explain your Network agent version

Regards,

Sahan Marga

Our network agents are a mixture of 9.2.69 and 8.0.2134.