Everything worked fine with KAV2013 and FF15 but when the automatic update came for FF16.01 the addons for pago seguro and others are disactivated by FF. Is there another patch for this problem??

//Edit: Merged to the already existing topic that had sunk to the hopelessly irretrievable subabysmal Stygian depths of the bottom of page 1.

Edited by richbuff

I've upgraded to the latest version of Firefox, and apparently all of Kaspersky Internet Security's Add-Ins

are incompatible with this version. So the URL Advisor and Onscreen Keyboard etc. have been disabled.

Is there anything I can do about this other than downgrading Firefox, cancelling my subscription or

waiting it out?

This isn't the first time I've had this problem, and If I wasn't getting such a good deal on KIS, I would've

changed AV's a long time ago.

//Edit: Version 2012 Patch K Tech Article: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=247628

Edited by richbuff

I have KIS 2013 (Ver 13.0.0.3370) running under 64bit Win 7 and have just upgraded from Firefox 11.0 to Firefox 15.0.1.

Firstly, I should point out that I am aware that the current version of Firefox is 16. However, after reading the currently active thread on the incompatibility of Firefox 16 add-ons I decided it would be safer not to upgrade to that version.

On upgrading to Firefox Ver 15.0.1, I received a message that the following Kaspersky add-ons were disabled as they are incompatible with that version of Firefox:

URL Advisor 13.0.0.3382

Virtual Keyboard 13.0.0.3382

Safe Money 13.0.0.3382

I clicked the Firefox link to look for updates for the add-ons (there were none) and I checked in Kaspersky that I had the latest updates (I did have).

So, what now? I believe that ver 15.0.1 was released in early September so it's not like I intended to use something brand new. It is rather worrying that getting on for 2 months later there are still problems with Kaspersky; it's not as if Firefox was some obscure browser.

I have KIS 2013 (Ver 13.0.0.3370) running under 64bit Win 7 and have just upgraded from Firefox 11.0 to Firefox 15.0.1.

Firstly, I should point out that I am aware that the current version of Firefox is 16. However, after reading the currently active thread on the incompatibility of Firefox 16 add-ons I decided it would be safer not to upgrade to that version.

On upgrading to Firefox Ver 15.0.1, I received a message that the following Kaspersky add-ons were disabled as they are incompatible with that version of Firefox:

URL Advisor 13.0.0.3382

Virtual Keyboard 13.0.0.3382

Safe Money 13.0.0.3382

I clicked the Firefox link to look for updates for the add-ons (there were none) and I checked in Kaspersky that I had the latest updates (I did have).

So, what now? I believe that ver 15.0.1 was released in early September so it's not like I intended to use something brand new. It is rather worrying that getting on for 2 months later there are still problems with Kaspersky; it's not as if Firefox was some obscure browser.

Hello.....FF15 came out on Sept 6th i think and all five KIS addons were compatible it.

All are working fine here with KIS 2013 and FF15.0.1 :)

The only difference to cause this is i have KIS 13.0.1.4190 which was the commercial release about 28th August

whereas you have the release canditate version. :unsure:

R/click the K icon and exit then uninstall and reboot ...d/load the version in the link ...update and reboot again.

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/productupdates?...n=kaspersky.com

Many thanks for the prompt reply. However, I'm concerned about what you say about my only having the Release Candidate version. As I've always understood it, a Release Candidate Version is the final version before the commercial release. My version was purchased from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and came as a proper CD in a proper box. If Kaspersky (and Amazon) have been selling me a product that is not the commercial product, but some sort of beta version, then I will definitely not be happy about it. The first thing I did after installing KIS2013 from the disk was to press the update button - shouldn't this have updated my program?

I think that I need to contact Kaspersky and ask them what is going on here.

Many thanks for the prompt reply. However, I'm concerned about what you say about my only having the Release Candidate version. As I've always understood it, a Release Candidate Version is the final version before the commercial release. My version was purchased from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and came as a proper CD in a proper box. If Kaspersky (and Amazon) have been selling me a product that is not the commercial product, but some sort of beta version, then I will definitely not be happy about it. The first thing I did after installing KIS2013 from the disk was to press the update button - shouldn't this have updated my program?

I think that I need to contact Kaspersky and ask them what is going on here.

Actually no, you do not have to, 3370 is a released version, it was the very first version. But you should uninstall it and install the latest http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates, program updates are manual, all other hotfixes are auto via the updater.

I'm surprised that Kaspersky only lets me stumble across program updates by chance; with McAfee, program updates were automatic and without the need to uninstall and reinstall. However, be that as it may, it looks like I'm going to have to do it. However, a few questions if I may.

1) For the uninstallation will 'Programmes and Features' in Windows be sufficient; in other words, I won't have to do any additional cleanup such as I had to do when uninstalling McAfee.

2) I take it that the best way forward is to download the updated version from Kaspersky and save it on my PC so that there will be the minimum unprotected period between uninstallation and reinstallation. In fact, would it be best to disable the Internet wireless before beginning the uninstall/reinstall process?

3) I assume that my activation code will still be stored somewhere on my PC so that I won't have to reactivate it - or will I, and will I have to re-register it?

One final point. Firefox and Kaspersky really do seem to have problems with each other. When I tried to reach the Kaspersky update download page given above using Firefox I got a Server Error: 502-Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. When I looked at the page using IEView, all seemed well. Any idea why this error is occurring?

Edited by Avogadro

We need distinguish things....yes, it is correct that major version upgrades....in Kaspersky terminology called Maintenance packs or MP's for short......is manual uninstall/install. However in real life these are few and far between, for example version 2012 build 12.0.1.374 lasted almost the entire life circle of the 2012 product life and all upgrades (hot fixes) were released via the updater auto just requiring a reboot. Plus even if you never went to see if there were any maintenance packs you would still get hot fixes auto.

1. Yes, uninstall and reboot.

2. Yes. disabling the wireless would only be an idea if you have a completely open connection not protected by a router.

3. Yes, you have the option to save certain things like activationdata (default enabled) and settings etc.

Right, I've been through the upgrade process and a sorry saga it was too.

The uninstallation and reinstallation proceeded satisfactorily but I found that it was then impossible to open Firefox; I got the error message "Your Firefox profile cannot be loaded." I tried reinstalling Firefox 15.0.1 over the existing installation - the standard method - but Firefox still would not start. I therefore uninstalled everything in sight with Revo Uninstaller and again installed Firefox - this time it was successful.

Of course I now had a clean version of Firefox with bookmarks, extensions, home page etc all gone. Fortunately, as KIS1213 had trashed my Firefox when I first installed it I was careful to make a note of where the bookmark backups were and made a list of the extensions etc. I still managed to forget one or too, so after lots of searching and after a further half hour of my life that I will never get back I had what seemed to be a working version of Firefox. Oh, and I might add that, on checking, a number of the Kaspersky add-ons had been disabled by Firefox, probably out of a sense of self-protection! Fortunately, Firefox let me re-enable them.

And why am I convinced that KIS2013 trashed my copy of Firefox? Well, firstly, literally 5 minutes before I started the reinstallation process it was working perfectly and five minutes after completing the update scan on the new KIS2013 installation Firefox wouldn't even start. And, secondly, as I said above, when I first installed KIS2013 it created a new version of Firefox, losing me all my bookmarks etc, which I only got back after extensive effort.

I am becoming more and more convinced that I made a serious error in moving from McAfee to Kaspersky. McAfee mayn't be the greatest AV in the world but at least it didn't give me continual grief from the word go. At the moment, Kapersky 2013 seems to be working OK. I can only hope it continues to do so but I'm not holding my breath.

Welcome to the forum.

Addons are updated as frequently as possible, but there is not set time frame. Unfortunately, there is always a wait for compatibility once Firefox releases a new version. That's just the way it is.

Kaspersky should really focus on compability with the firefox ( the latest version 16.0.2

Kaspersky URL advisor

Safe money

Virtual Keyboard

none of them works on the latest version of firefox .Saying that they all work on google chrome but whats the point of paying for the security suite when you cant use all of its features on your favorite browser.I am not welling to change my browser because of that i used firefox and KIS for the last 4 years and they both worked perfectly everything was compatible with no problem but now it seems to me that kaspersky left firefox behing and that its focuses more on google chrome.

I would like to know if kaspersky is planing to make these ads compatible with never version of FF

Edited by richbuff
Topic posted in GSI section of the forum was merged to here.

There was a blog about the Safe Money add-on - touted as something that no one else offers - with lots of benefits. I believed it and used it.

Then here comes FF updating their version and no longer is the Safe Money Add-On updated. I believe (don't quote me) that it broke at either FF16 or at FF16.01. Definitely broken and now we are at FF16.02 recently and still ZERO fix? So now what? Two options - we wait for Kaspersky to update the Add-On and not do any banking what so ever (when? Weeks?) _OR_ forget the hype, shelve the Safe Money concept and never be fooled again?

I don't believe in FF's model of continual updates that they have done - and almost assuredly by the end of the year we will probably be at FF25 or something, but IMO Kaspersky needs to ensure these add-ons WORK and automatically update within hours of a FF update. As such, it is turned off on my machine and I will remember this serious misstep. If there is a larger problem that is outside the control of Kaspersky and that I need to do something special to get this updated, then at the very least a KIS popup should appear. None has appeared.

Regards

b

Seems really strange that Kaspersky is advertising FULL Firefox compatibility for versions 15.x-17.x yet KAV2013's Firefox extensions are disabled and flagged as being INCOMPATIBLE with Firefox 16.x. Things get even stranger - I checked KAV2012 on my other system and even though it is "older" it fully supports Firefox 16.x! The virtual keyboard and URL advisor both load and work just fine in Firefox 16.x when using KAV2012! I did some more digging and figured out that for some unknown (read stupid) reason, Kaspersky decided to reinvent the wheel as far as how the FF extensions get handled AND forgot to include support for any version above 15.x even though their "older" KAV version does support FF 16.x and loads the plugins just fine. I have 3 new licenses for KAV2013 and have a support ticket in for this but have yet to get any replies on a fix or eta on a fix. If this is not remedied in a timely fashion I will return the 3 licenses for a refund and move on to another AV solution. Seems like many people are being affected by this and Kaspersky seems to be keeping silent on it.

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (x86) (current 11/2012)

KAV2013 (13.0.1.4190)

Privatefirewall (7.0.28.1)

Custom HOSTS file (MVPS)

I opened a ticket last week, and got this Reply from Tech Support in a couple of days-

Hello ,

I am sorry you are having trouble with the Kaspersky software. At the moment FireFox 16 is still not compatible with Kaspersky 2013. Our developers are working on a fix for this issue. Hopefully we will have a fix for it soon. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

Best regards,

... | Technical Support | Kaspersky Lab Americas

~~~~~~

In follow-up emails Support said that by leaving my ticket open- I would be emailed when the issue is Resolved ( she'd also email me).....-

I'll Post again when that happens..........?

I am using KIS 13.0.1.4190 and have the same issue.

Content Blocker (Kaspersky Labs)

Kaspersky URL Advisor

Safe Money

Virtual Keyboard

All incompatible with Firefox 16.02

Also,

Merged. This has been asked many times already. Kaspersky add-on support for Firefox 16 will be skipped, and add-on support for Firefox 17 is anticipated.

In addition to the humungous mass of content that has been posted about this, I shall add that Kaspersky Lab responds to issues in a prioritized order. There are some important fixes that are being worked on, and this issue of Firefox add-on compatibility (every six weeks) is not as important as the other items that the Lab is working on. Therefore, 'When?" can be Later.

I have been using KIS 2012 until recently I upgraded to KIS 2013 (13.0.1.4190) and noticed that some of the add-ons related to KIS 2013 in Firefox 16.0.2 are still showing as 'disabled'. Checked for updates but with no luck either. The Add-ons are enabled in IE8 & Chrome 23 though. The add-ons in Firefox which are 'disabled' are -

Content Blocker 13.0.1.4190

Kaspersky URL Advisor 13.0.1.4190

Safe Money 13.0.1.4190

Virtual Keyboard 13.0.1.4190

Only Anti-Banner 13.0.1.4190 is enabled.

Mine is a Win'XP SP3 PC with 2Gb RAM. Would be grateful if someone can guide me how to enable the above add-ons in Firefox. Thanks.

Regards,

Ramesh

Thanks. As per Mozilla Rapid Release schedule for the Firefox web browser, version 17 of the browser is slated for release on 20-Nov-2012, which is a week from now. Though I wonder why Kaspersky has not worked on enabling the add-ons in FF Version 16.0.2, guess I'll have to wait bit longer for prompt support from Kaspersky. However, when security s/w makers don't support certain popular browsers, it defeats the purpose of having an "Internet Security" suite installed, which is supposed to ensure safe browsing. While the KIS 2013 related add-ons in IE8 & Chrome are enabled as expected, seems Firefox doesn't support these in later versions unless KIS team tweaks them.

Installed KIS 13.0.1.4190 and currently using Firefox 16..0.2 and the Following KIS features are disabled.

Content Blocker

Kaspersky URL Advisor

Safe Money

Virtual Keyboard.

I have the latest Stable Release of Firefox, therefore those features should be working.

Anti Banner is enabled, so why not the other features listed above? :rolleyes:

Right ...every time a new version is released the same old answer comes to mind. But the bottom line is nobody is forcing you to auto-update. Have you all tried Firefox ESR (http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations)?

Mozilla is forcing us, whenever they discover a bug/flaw in their current release, they recommend that WE update to the current version!

Question has been asked, but never answered... :rolleyes:

Why on earth can't Kaspersky Labs keep up with the current releases of Firefox and make THEIR add ons work with Firefox??

Better still, why can't Kaspersky make their add ons compatible with ALL versions of Firefox?

No other Browser has this issue, so why is Firefox being solely targeted?