sounds

Security Update for Windows Vista (KB2653956) Failed

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Hope i'm in the right section,

I have started a thread on microsoft forum about this, i looked at other threads with the same issue

And support ask to do a questionnaire which usually ends with you have to do a fresh install of windows.

Something is preventing this update and support said it sounds like something owns my system, a virus or something.

I have tried many things, and even a few different antivirus programs as well as malware programs with no luck.

I even tried a clean reboot with no luck, none of the virus programs have found anything serious so i'm wondering

if this is just a conflict with another program.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...8b-88e44d6869f0

I don't have a disc to do a clean install of windows nor do i have the money to upgrade, and i don't really want to have to go to that measure if it's not necessary.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks in advance

Hi,

it doesn't seem you are using kaspersky from your posts there.

I'm using the trial now, but ran all the scans and nothing serious found

What I'm saying is how is this related to kaspersky? Looks more like it's a windows problem, some corruption of some repository.

I have no idea not sure what else to do.

If it is a windows problem and something or someone has tampered with windows then why hss it not detected it.

Database corruption can happen without any viruses present. There are just things that go bad occasionally. Unless your problem originated with a virus, and that virus would still be present on your computer, Kaspersky won't find anything. I would suggest reinstalling windows, but, as you say, you don't have a disc to do so. Kaspersky isn't your problem, and as much as we want to help you, this isn't a Windows support forum.