adamlewis7609

Really Confused....

Hello,

I THOUGHT I downloaded and installed the latest versions of all Kaspersky products on my server. products installed on my server are:

- Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4 (6.0.4.1424)

- Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4 (6.0.4.1424)

- Network Agent 8.0.2090

I have all WinXP clients up until NOW (everything was fine with WinXP). I purchased a Windows 7 machine and I pushed out the Network Agent and Antivirus listed above and I am having the following issues:

- In the Admin Kit, it shows the client PC is NOT protected, protection is turned off.

- on the client PC it shows "Some protection components have malfunctioned". When you go and check the following are running: AntiSpam, AntiSpy, Mail AV, Web AV, BUT the following have FAILED: Anti-Hacker, File Antivirus. Next to File Antivirus it says "failed (initialization error)".

Also when the application first installed I remember getting some kind of popup on the client saying there is a Windows compatibility issue with a Kaspersky product.

Am i running the wrong versions or doing something wrong?

I have replicated this issue on 3 of my Win7 machines now.

Thank You,

Adam

Hi,

The last version of Admin Kit is 8.0.2134. You can download here.

Could you install them beacause it is preferable to deploy latest versions.

Hi,

The last version of Admin Kit is 8.0.2134. You can download here.

Could you install them beacause it is preferable to deploy latest versions.

Sorry I forgot to mention I have that version of the Admin Kit installed. Is the version for workstation I am using compatible with Win 7?

Thank You,

Adam

Hi Adam --

I'm running that version on 3x Win7 x64's, and 1x Win7 x32 -- have never ran into the issue you document. The version (6.0.4.1424 (mp4, cf1)) is compatible with Win7.

Are you getting any error messages when you deploy with the AK?

What's the error message (verbatim) regarding compatibility?

Marty

what kind of win7 flavor are you using? i mean what is the version of Windows 7 (e.g. Win7 starter / home basic / home premium / professional / etc... )

Below are the system requirements of Kaspersky for business (for windows 7 OS)

# Microsoft Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate,

# Microsoft Windows 7 Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate x64:

:cb_punk:

Hello,

I THOUGHT I downloaded and installed the latest versions of all Kaspersky products on my server. products installed on my server are:

- Network Agent 8.0.2090

I have all WinXP clients up until NOW (everything was fine with WinXP). I purchased a Windows 7 machine and I pushed out the Network Agent and Antivirus listed above and I am having the following issues:

- In the Admin Kit, it shows the client PC is NOT protected, protection is turned off.

- on the client PC it shows "Some protection components have malfunctioned". When you go and check the following are running: AntiSpam, AntiSpy, Mail AV, Web AV, BUT the following have FAILED: Anti-Hacker, File Antivirus. Next to File Antivirus it says "failed (initialization error)".

Also when the application first installed I remember getting some kind of popup on the client saying there is a Windows compatibility issue with a Kaspersky product.

Am i running the wrong versions or doing something wrong?

I have replicated this issue on 3 of my Win7 machines now.

Thank You,

Adam

[/quote]

please read this article related to kaspersky installation on win7

it is recommended to disable the option System Restore in system properties

sorry here it's

http://support.kaspersky.com/wks6mp4?level=3

Edited by Maher Waheeb

Hello all,

It is only Windows 7 Professional I am installing this on (so I am good there), however, System Restore IS ON. so I will check that later today and post my results.

Thank You,

Adam

Hi Adam,

can you check eventviewer ( system event) after you install kaspersky and post if there is any major error.

Hello,

Realy?

Edited by Helmut

So i turned off "System Restore", reinstalled KAV and still doesn't work. Here is the error I get on the client:

"This driver is blocked due to compatibility issues - check online to see if solutions are available...." Driver: Kaspersky AntiVirus, Publisher: Kaspersky Lab. A driver is installed that vcauses stability problems with your system.. This driver will be disabled. Please contact the driver manufacturer for an update that is compatible with this version of Windows.

I am using Windows 7 Professional and Kaspersky Antivirus 6.0 for Windows Workstations MP4 (6.0.4.1424) .

These are compatible right?

Time to move to McAfee or something?

Thanks,

Adam

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.