I just installed Kasperskly Internet Security 2011 on my Laptop, when I scan the computer for viruses it scans it will stop at 58% percent where it stops at C:\Windows.old\Users\mlj1120\AppDa...\WebResource[1].axd or some other files in Windows.old. Now I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista a couple of months back, I've also installed and uninstalled the software to see if anything will change but still have the same problem. Any suggestions on what I should do to keep this from stopping at 58% so it can scan my entire laptop?

I just installed Kasperskly Internet Security 2011 on my Laptop, when I scan the computer for viruses it scans it will stop at 58% percent where it stops at C:\Windows.old\Users\mlj1120\AppDa...\WebResource[1].axd or some other files in Windows.old. Now I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista a couple of months back, I've also installed and uninstalled the software to see if anything will change but still have the same problem. Any suggestions on what I should do to keep this from stopping at 58% so it can scan my entire laptop?

You can try to stop the scan and if you are able to stop it then you can restart it again and choose "Scan from current location" or maybe it is called "Resume Scan". Then if you are lucky it will finish. I used to have a file that would stop it at 87% and I would always be able to stop and restart the scan and it would continue until 99% at which point I couldn't stop it and restart it.... but that may be a different issue... so I would first try to stop and restart yours at the 58% where it stops and see if it will finish or stop again on some other file later.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.