Sign in to follow this  
ceemosp

KAV 5.0.177 for Windows in cybercafe

We are running KAV 5.0.177 for Windows Workstations in a cybercafe on semprons 2200 with 256mb ram /OS WinXPpro. The administration of the billing is done by Cybercontrol 4Pro and Cyberpuesto 4. Due to the nature of the business, the PCs get rebooted several times a day and the scan at bootup renders the machine basically inop for several minutes.

My Question: Is there a way to either speed up the scan or disable it, as we are doing a complete scan in the morning before opening.

In the current configuration - hardware slow + no central server - it plainly speaking is not working the way i want it.

Any idea / suggestion / solution (except: get a faster machine) is welcome.

Regards

Carsten

Get in to the Users Tasks on each machine and uncheck the task for 'Automatic Scan on Application Startup'.

I don't really see justification for having this task enabled myself. How is your machine going to get infected whilst it's been turned off? If you've missed a scheduled scan then that might be a different story but having it do a full scan every time you boot the machine is pretty pointless IMHO. Makes KAV look clunky.

as i understand you are using kav for workstation... probably the first thing you could try to do is to upgrade to the new version (5.0.200) and there you will be able to change the options of the startup scan task or even to disable it.

Thanx for the replies! Only question to be answered right now is: Where on earth do i get this version update!!! The call to the international helpline offered me a free course in russian but that's about it :angry:

Option to disable startup scan from GUI was available in WKS 5.0.177 too, btw.

Fine indeed - but it does NOT work in 5.0.177 or I'm to dumb, btw :P

I have it set to, well have a look for yourself...

ClipBoard-2.jpg

and

ClipBoard-3.jpg

If you uncheck the box or a bag of rice is tumbling over in china has the same effect - none...lol

ceemosp, the startup scan task is already disabled (I didn't get the point of the second screenshot though). Are the problems still there after upgrade to 5.0.200?

Where on earth do i get this version update!!! The call to the international helpline offered me a free course in russian but that's about it  :angry:

You can always find latest versions on

http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates

which is IMHO faster than calling intl help line :P

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.