I just installed KIS 7 and wanted to know if the default settings are the best? I was surprised to see that heuristics scans are turned off by default for all scans except rootkit. Sorry if this has already been discussed...I did not find anything in a search.

Thanks.

I would stay with default settings until I gained experiance, knowledge and/or a specific need to change them. Heuristics are high by default in web AV and off in file AV. I have had a nice, happy KIS experiance by staying with reccomended defaults.

I would stay with default settings until I gained experiance, knowledge and/or a specific need to change them. Heuristics are high by default in web AV and off in file AV. I have had a nice, happy KIS experiance by staying with reccomended defaults.

399340[/snapback]

For the most part, I used KIS 6 with the defaults and I have left KIS 7 settings alone also. In my install, heuristics are off in both web AV and file AV. I thought this was maybe because it is still technically a beta version.

I would turn web hueristics back on (detail). What version are you using? 119 is/was a Technical Release. 124 was officialy released in parts of Europe recently; 125 contains an update. Preform an upgrade as needed.

For the most part, I used KIS 6 with the defaults and I have left KIS 7 settings alone also. In my install, heuristics are off in both web AV and file AV. I thought this was maybe because it is still technically a beta version.

399351[/snapback]

For me heuristics are on "Detail" and that is the default setting in the web-av, the rest is actually also turned to detail in both file & startup scan..... smile.gif

I would turn web hueristics back on (detail). What version are you using? 119 is/was a Technical Release. 124 was officialy released in parts of Europe recently; 125 contains an update. Preform an upgrade as needed.

399359[/snapback]

Richbuff,

Thanks for the help.

I am using version 125...just downloaded and installed today.

For me heuristics are on "Detail" and that is the default setting in the web-av, the rest is actually also turned to detail in both file & startup scan..... smile.gif

399360[/snapback]

That's strange, my default settings are different in both KIS 7.0.0.123 and ...125 - heuristics in "file av" is "off" and in start up scan is "shallow", only in "web av" and "mail av" is on "detail".

those are the default settings

399516[/snapback]

ok, it seems I misunderstood Don's post, I thought that his default settings are on "detail" in "file av" and "start up scan".

ok, it seems I misunderstood Don's post, I thought that his default settings are on "detail" in "file av" and "start up scan".

399529[/snapback]

No, i meant that those were my settings. Those you mention are the default. smile.gif

No, i meant that those were my settings. Those you mention are the default.  smile.gif

399615[/snapback]

My install shows the "Use Heuristic Analyzer" box unchecked for Web, File & Mail. I will change it per your recommendation. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.