SAJFLAD

Google Chrome wants Kaspersky removed from PC [merged]

So why does Chrome see KTS as being incompatible and want it removed - especially considering it allows the KTS extension?

1.png

Hello,

Chrome extension of KIS is looking incompatible and Chrome suggest me to remove KIS totally. I cannot find any solution on web.

Google Chrome version: 68.0.3440.106 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security version: 19.0.0.1088(b)
KIS Extension version: 20.0.543.85

k1.png

Well, that's nice. Google Chrome 69 is advising (in Settings, all the way down " Update and delete inappropriate apps") to remove the Kaspersky Internet Security app since it can cause problems and conflicts in the browser.
Seems more and more programs and applications are having difficulties with KIS :(. First Java, then Office 365 and now Chrome too .....

I have this morning had a notification when  I opened Google Chrome that the Kaspersky add on is incompatible and can cause problems with the browser.

I am surprised no one else has mentioned this on the forum.  Any observations please?  I have switched to Firefox which is really strict nowadays on add ons and many of mine have been disabled - but not Kaspersky.

It's true, Chrome provides this information in the settings menu> Update or remove incompatible applications, as shown in the screenshot :

Capturar.PNG

20 hours ago, charliewhatshisname said:

I have this morning had a notification when  I opened Google Chrome that the Kaspersky add on is incompatible and can cause problems with the browser.

I am surprised no one else has mentioned this on the forum.  Any observations please?  I have switched to Firefox which is really strict nowadays on add ons and many of mine have been disabled - but not Kaspersky.

The problem is that Google and Mozilla want to take over our "protection".

Frankly, I prefer KIS to take care of my anti phishing/anti malware  protection, and I've disabled those functions in both browsers.

Edited by Fenderman1

On 9/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, Berny said:

This is due to Kaspersky's injecting code in Chrome browser. Edge browser is blocking this horrible code injection as well.

There is nothing to fix. Just go into KIS/KAV settings and disable web code injection.

Chrome :

Chrome dev here. This is related to a new feature that aims to prevent third party software from injecting into Chrome's processes and interfering with its code. This type of software injection is rampant on the Windows platform, and causes significant stability issues (crashes). The Microsoft Edge browser already does this kind of blocking, and we are in the process of making Chrome behave similarly. What you are seeing is the warning phase of year-long effort to enable blocking, originally announced in November 2017.

Since it is effectively impossible for Chrome to automatically determine whether any particular piece of software is innocently injecting or purposefully injecting and interfering with Chrome code. To keep things simple we warn about all injected software, without making value judgments. Note that soon we will actually start blocking software from injecting, at which point this warning will cease to show. Note that you should only be seeing these crashes if you manually navigate to the chrome://settings/incompatibleApplications page, or on a startup after the Chrome browser has crashed.

Edited by alex5723

Chrome does this for Dropbox, as well (possibly via an extension I use to share shortcuts).

So, the issue here is Chrome. If you are a Chrome developer then do something to fix it. Uplift the code to virus total? Give the user the option to accept the injected code as legitimate? Further information in the warning? Something other than what conspiracy theorists may think is a Google tactic to scare end users into uninstalling non-Google products. 

On 9/13/2018 at 7:20 AM, alex5723 said:

This is due to Kaspersky's injecting code in Chrome browser. Edge browser is blocking this horrible code injection as well.

There is nothing to fix. Just go into KIS/KAV settings and disable web code injection.

Chrome :

Chrome dev here. This is related to a new feature that aims to prevent third party software from injecting into Chrome's processes and interfering with its code. This type of software injection is rampant on the Windows platform, and causes significant stability issues (crashes). The Microsoft Edge browser already does this kind of blocking, and we are in the process of making Chrome behave similarly. What you are seeing is the warning phase of year-long effort to enable blocking, originally announced in November 2017.

Since it is effectively impossible for Chrome to automatically determine whether any particular piece of software is innocently injecting or purposefully injecting and interfering with Chrome code. To keep things simple we warn about all injected software, without making value judgments. Note that soon we will actually start blocking software from injecting, at which point this warning will cease to show. Note that you should only be seeing these crashes if you manually navigate to the chrome://settings/incompatibleApplications page, or on a startup after the Chrome browser has crashed.

It's all very well disabling 'inject script into web traffic...' but then 6 protection components apparently won't work, as shown in the screenshot.

Perhaps this is more a non-USA than non-Google issue. Personally, I'll stick with Kaspersky and remove Chrome if needs be.

1.png

Edited by SAJFLAD
Oops - forgot the attachment

6 hours ago, SAJFLAD said:

It's all very well disabling 'inject script into web traffic...' but then 6 protection components apparently won't work, as shown in the screenshot.

Perhaps this is more a non-USA than non-Google issue. Personally, I'll stick with Kaspersky and remove Chrome if needs be.

1.png

This is mostly a Google (Chrome) issue, Google is removing all forms of injection in Chrome on the baseless accusation it makes the Browser unstable and insecure.

Of course we all know better, we all been using Extensions that rely on injection, and never had issues with Chrome.

I have been having trouble with my Google Chrome lately. It is telling me that my Kaspersky Total Security may be causing Chrome not to work properly? Is there anything I can do to rectify it?

You are welcome. I guess this could be a false positive.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.