xehsan

What features would you like to add? [Merged]

hi every body, In this topic we will only add the features we like to be added to this software And I hope that it will be done

I'm starting first:

1- The ability to add icons to apps in Android version , as well as to change the icons through other versions like PC, As you know, at the moment we can only modify or add icon apps just using the PC Version.
2- the ability to change default number of password generator in PC version and browser extension, as you know the default is 12, and always we should change it if we want stronger password. The Android version works very well. The last time we chose the password length, the method is saved.

3- The ability to search the stored text in the note, As you know, when we find out, we find the target, but does not find the sentence inside the text note.

4- Unlimited number of characters in a note
thank you    

add ability Bold , Italic, UNDERSCORE, left-to right and right to left (this option necessary for some language  ) and font size in Notes
thank you

Edited by xehsan

21 hours ago, xehsan said:

add ability Bold , Italic, UNDERSCORE, left-to right and right to left (this option necessary for some language  ) and font size in Notes
thank you

:P To participate in your let's called - Survey : Some of the features outlined by yourself

were implemented in previous versions and has been removed for a reason I guess.

But to get back to the point..The feature that I would like to be Add it is the

Two factor authentication the most Password managers has it

Also this is Not a feature, but I wish that Klab includes the KPM in the KIS : GUI=General User Interface

like they do on the KTS : To finish post your KPM add-Ons to be analyzed on  "my.kaspersky" Fill up

first steps >>Then select "I have a suggestion" and Add these features..Hope other users add more

Is it possible to add KPM to the autofill services in Android?
Only other PMs that already offer this service are listed under Settings/Language and Input/Input assistance.

Hi,

i fully support the ability to customise and save the desired length of generated passwords. Even Kaspersky tell you it should be 15 or more characters. See https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/blog/safer-internet-day-2018/12852/  SUpport also two factor authentication. 

Previous release had "Linked" accounts but it was removed in the current release. I use sites that share a userid/password, an example iswww.ebay.co.uk www.ebay.de and www.ebay.ch. I now have to create three entries and manually change the KPM entry of all of them if i update a password. Also, the password quality checker now shows them as duplicate before it did not.

For the password quality checker, It flags some sites as weak password but in reality they are 5 digit PINs so always weak. I would like to be able to select them for exclusion as  i just get a horrible long list and it hides my real password problems.

For the password quality checker, add an option to check for the days since a password was changed and report it if over nnn days (I get to configure nnn and save it)..

N

I really would love to have KPM in my right click context menu. 

To:

A Generate passwords and to quick access to other menu's for example Lastpass has this and i made a lot of use of this.

incase you don't know what i mean this menu.

O ya mine is in dutch so weird language for you guys :)

2018-07-11 (2).png

Hi,

i know about the right click system tray icon. but that's not what i mean. KPM is not always showing on User and password fields in browsers and not at all in apps/programs and instead of going to system tray

right clicking the User and password field is much more convenient in selecting the username and password you want.

Ps. im aware that adding KPM into apps and programs is a matter own its own. that's not what i'm discussing here.

Edited by Fugly

I find it convenient on my phone that to unlock my vault I can simply use the fingerprint login, and was wondering if that would be possible for windows, since I have a fingerprint scanner built into my laptop. I know that windows itself allows me to use it to log into my account, but I do not know if applications are able to tap into this authentication. Anyways, it's an idea that I'm throwing out there that would make things more convenient for me and possibly others.

:) Welcome : A KPM user with the nick of xehsan created a topic

to Add additional features to KPManager. So you can type yours here

Link : https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/396159-what-features-would-you-like-to-add

I don't see any problem to Add the feature in mobile devices and Laptops

but To applied to computers, without touching screen wouldn't work

Edited by i n d i o
Typed wrong a nick : Make it xehsan

On 8/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, SuperRedNova said:

I find it convenient on my phone that to unlock my vault I can simply use the fingerprint login, and was wondering if that would be possible for windows, since I have a fingerprint scanner built into my laptop. I know that windows itself allows me to use it to log into my account, but I do not know if applications are able to tap into this authentication. Anyways, it's an idea that I'm throwing out there that would make things more convenient for me and possibly others.

I agree 100% with this, the only reason I am not using Kaspersky password manager (i AM using LastPass) is the lack of being able to use fingerprint on the laptop and PC (I have a usb fingerprint reader on the PC, touching screen is not even a thing!)

The ability to upgrade the embedded browser.  

The ability to see and remove any cookies or website data stored in the embedded browser for websites accessed through Passwords.

The ability to perform a  malware scan and removal internal to the Password app via Kaspersky tools.

How about a password manager extension for Thunderbird? I see there is an extension (keebird?) to allow keepass to interface with Thunderbird so the source code is available to indicate the method. I haven't used this extension yet because I find Keepass a little harder to keep in sync over a few devices.

I use a Desktop PC for most communication, but when travelling I want to use a Laptop but not have to disable the passwords in Thunderbird on the desktop, or remember to remove all the passwords in Thunderbird on the Laptop when home.

At the moment its a pain to have to use a master password for websites (KPM) and  a master password for Thunderbird. I don't want to use the same password for both, that defeats the purpose of a password manager

I would like to see a facility to import user/password combination from True Key into KPM. I like the test version of KPM but I have invested a lot of time to load my data into True Key that it does not make sense for me to cut/paste all that data into KPM.

19 hours ago, edelweiss_guy said:

I would like to see a facility to import user/password combination from True Key into KPM. I like the test version of KPM but I have invested a lot of time to load my data into True Key that it does not make sense for me to cut/paste all that data into KPM.

edelweiss_guy,

I found the following on a McAfee thread about exporting from True Key. Maybe it will help you.

03-21-2018 04:15 PM

Re: True Key - export passwords

Found it,  the Export option only exists in the Chrome extension.  No documentation will tell you that either. 

I found Roboforms will import the CSV truekey creates (no other password managers support Truekey import) and once your data is in Roboforms, it can be imported to more mainstream packages.  This meant I could get my Truekey data across to Sticky without too much fuss.

Hello I'd like a function, that in case my cellphone or laptop is stolen, KPM goes to block after a certain number of attempts to enter the main password, forcing KPM to connect with internet, in this way I can control KPM remotely with the my account via My Kaspersky.
it's true that passwords can change them, but if I keep important notes or photos, they always remain in the cell phone or stolen computer.
Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.